English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 03 February 2018, 14:49   #61
Drag0nFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
This error can also indicate code going haywire. Can be FPU access, but can be something else as well.
Yes, that is what I'm thinking as well - as I am pretty sure there aren't any resident programs/libs which are using the FPU.
Old 03 February 2018, 21:33   #62
jotd
This cat is no more

I hard hardfreezes like that swapped my blizzard 030 for my blizzard 060 and it never occurred again (also swapped the memory chips, but no luck: the 030 board is faulty I guess).
I'm lucky to have 2 A1200 motherboards & 2 accelerator boards & 3 memory SIMMS so I can really be sure if something is faulty.

I thought your fastmem was faulty, not your chipmem. nomemreverse cannot work with only chipmem even if you're running a low-memory game, because games use at least $0-$80000 locations, which would conflict with a non-reversed AllocMem
Old 04 February 2018, 17:40   #63
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
I'll check that (still have to figure out how to read the middle mouse button, and I don't have a 3 mouse button to test, well on WinUAE it should be ok).
Check DATLX bit in POTGOR, i.e. btst #8-8,$dff016 does the trick.
Old 04 February 2018, 18:25   #64
Drag0nFly

@jotd: I did not run the game with only chipmen - just the memory check.

btw–I do have warranty left on the ACA card, but I am a little sceptical that this fault would be identified, as I suspect a quick "works-or-not" test is done. Especially since a wide variety of reasons for the fault was offered by Jens, ranging from "bad PSU" (tried two 4.5A PSUs), insufficient timing fixes (have all relevant caps removed), insufficient cooling on the mainboard (due to socketed chips), etc. But these issues also occurred before timing fixes or work on the motherboard were done.

Looking forward to a new version of JST. And yes, an exit on middle-mouse-button would be very useful, esp. since there aren't any keyboard USB-adapters that I know of which attaches to U13/the keyb. MPU in order to go wireless. (I would be a real happy camper if so was the case, as I would then have a complete wireless joystick+mouse+keyboard set-up)

Last edited by Drag0nFly; 04 February 2018 at 18:33.
Old 04 February 2018, 21:17   #65
jotd
This cat is no more

note that the new JST also has CD32 joypad to keyboard features, and you can quit with pressing all front buttons + pause (like CD32load)

@Stingray: thanks. I'll be able to test that with middle/wheel mouse button on winuae.
Old 22 August 2018, 17:46   #66
Overkill

I know this is a bit old, but did you fix your "Line 111 Emulator Error" ? I have the same 1230XA card and just NoVBRMove NoAutoVec fixed that same error on ProjectX and Second Samurai for me. Might help others if not you
Old 22 August 2018, 20:12   #67
jotd
This cat is no more

I sold my 1230XA in 1995 to buy a Blizzard 68060

It wasn't only with whdload that it failed. Some floppy games I tried to run also crashed.

NOVBRMOVE/NOAUTOVEC trick is nice. The downside is:

- if the slave hasn't "68000 quitkey" implemented then you cannot quit
- if the game crashes for some reason, the amiga locks up (no interception of the exception from whdload)

In a nutshell, it's like you're using a very fast 68000, in 32 bit, and less compatible
Old 29 August 2018, 13:54   #68
Drag0nFly

(A belated update I know, but better late than never)

In case anyone is still interested, after testing numerous obscure settings and eliminating (equally obscure) suggestions from the manufacturer for possible failure sources ("cell phone signal disturbance", unstable voltages from (both) 4.5a PSUs, bad recap, socketed chips on mb, presence of fpu-libs, Moon not properly aligned with Jupiter, et al.) the ACA 1233n was finally returned and diagnosed with a cpu fault by the people at AmigaStore.

FWIW - The system showed stability issues when testing with Keir Fraser's SysTest - https://github.com/keirf/Amiga-Stuff...master/systest (caused an illegal instruction, dumped a stacktrance and subsequently a complete hang while it was sitting idle after a memory check - neither of which occurred with the accelerator removed and testing the 2Mb chip-RAM range by itself.)

However – it was 'a little tricky' to isolate - especially when doing the tests from within Workbench and whdload as the errors would be spurious to say the least and required several passes to properly diagnose with various memtest/diag tools. I frankly did not expect the supplier to uncover it, so kudos to them.

I did several tests with the new card, as well as another Typhoon 030 w/ SCSI card on two different mainboards without any of the issues experienced before (on both motherboards) showing up.

Since I spent *way too much* time trying a plethora of various whdload options (and other things) - all to no avail - I hope this might prove useful to someone.
Old 30 August 2018, 11:03   #69
Hewitson

Did Individual Computers really suggest "cell phone disturbance"? If that's not a good reason to boycott their (overpriced) products, I don't know what is.
Old 30 August 2018, 11:14   #70
Drag0nFly

I'm not denying that cellphones certainly can have an impact if sitting directly on top of or next to an open-chassis computer (provoked crashes with a SFF Shuttle system for this myself), but yes, it was one of the suggestions from Jens. As was lack of heat-dissipation when it was learned I had socketed chips on the a1200 mainboard (a premium service offered by a knowledgeable veteran on AmiBay). Which is why another a1200 board was acquired to rule out such issues.