English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 28 February 2008, 02:22   #1
fmcpma
Banned

Input Recorder

Last time I checked the Input Recorder was not working very well. For example, recorded files, that is, the files with the key presses and joy movements, suddenly stopped playing and the main sprite was left there, frozen in the middle of all the enemies, with its pants in its hands, so to speak :-)

Er... Is there any new development in that front (I haven't read of it, at least) or is something planned? I hope so, cos I think it'd be a great feature, if it worked well.
Old 02 March 2008, 22:21   #2
Fackamato

Send a message via MSN to Fackamato
I'm sorry, your font is not large enough for me to read and/or understand your post. Please make it bigger.

Also, include winuae logs (both boot and other one), winuae version, what you were trying to do and under what circumstances, what versions of everything.
Old 02 March 2008, 22:27   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Hmm.. forgot to reply... First, I agree that font is too big..

Anyway, nothing has changed and nothing will change until someone finds extremely easy way to duplicate the problem (so far every test case is random, sometimes it works x frames before stopping, sometimes y frames etc..)

extremely easy way: autobooting floppy that loads quickly to some program that shows the problem near-instantly, preferably non-system friendly to keep number of variables as low as possible.
Old 05 March 2008, 20:22   #4
fmcpma
Banned

It's funny how people take offense about the most trivial of things. I would have thought that the feature that lets people choose the size of the font was meant to be used. Never saw no rule saying otherwise. And, lately, I always write in large fonts because, with age, I don't see very well any more. It's not as if I was shouting, all capitals, or something like that. Now, that would have a clear offensive meaning, which just isn't the case here, clearly. I suppose now I get a reply telling me to buy better eyeglasses and that "just because it's there, doesn't mean you can abuse it" which I don't, there are much larger sizes there to choose.

Also, Mr. F***amato (now, isn't a nicname like that much more offensive than the size of any font?) seems to take offense for my suggesting that a feature of WinUAE doesn't work very well. And he promptly demands all kinds of log files and configs and version numbers and what not, almost like a zealous Gestapo official facing a soldier with a speck of dust in his uniform and, worse, an incomplete bug report! Relax, mister! I am not trying to "offend" WinUAE. I love it too. And this is no bug report. I just mentioned an issue which is, I suppose, common knowledge, and just wanted to know if there had been any further developments on that front lately. That's all! Why not a simple reply like "no, the problem is still there"; or "yep, it's fixed"; or yet "working on it"; or even "on hold right now"; or maybe "look in previous replies"? Would that hurt too much?

If this is the kind of militaristic attitude one gets nowadays for a simple, light-hearted question, written in a font slightly larger than the default (yes, I'll admit to that sin), then I'll just shut up and come here no more, even though I have contributed in this forum many times, since its beginning and tried to help a lot of people over the years. I no longer have the time or the patience for this kind of "flame war", or whatever it is called nowadays.

Old 05 March 2008, 21:16   #5
Fackamato

Send a message via MSN to Fackamato
What's wrong with my nickname?

Also, press and hold Control, and scroll up/down with your mouse wheel to resize all text, no need to use larger fonts in the posts for that, makes life easier for us all.

Don't take it too seriously man. I wasn't out to offend you.
Old 05 March 2008, 22:30   #6
exoticaga

View > Text Size - on many browser will help with text size.

I just tried ctrl_hold - scroll with FFox, it just scrolled the page up and down. Where as the above sollution should work for web browsing, and should remeber the chosen setting. More of a though how does fmcpma manage to read web pages if font unreadable to start with!
Old 06 March 2008, 08:25   #7
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Too out of topic for me.