English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 19 July 2021, 12:09   #61
sardine

Quote:
Originally Posted by freehand View Post
LOL You know what irony is ?

Why not post the PM conversation we had to the community so people can see how childishly you handled the situation.

You was quite for 2 or 3 weeks on amiybay after I banned myself then come back mister nice guy .

I had %100 feed back and every one was very happy with my sales and bargains for the amiga community over several years, I was very proud of my feed back.
sure no problem, with your permission above here is the conversation

So everyone knows it's a core rule of amibay to have a queueing system

you declare interest in an item which reserves your place for 24 hours, you either purchase or withdraw your interest with the 24 hours ( allows for time zone and location differences ) this time is a minimum and seller can wait as long as they feel.

Freehand being a member since 2011 fully well knew the site rules and when challenged by the staff ( due to multiple reported posts by members ) Freehand declared "PM IS KING" saying whoever paid 1st via PM was 1st inline not the actual member who was actually 1st in line.

Freehand ASKED to be banned Feb 2019, we tried hard to work with him ( including him asking to rejoin in January 2020 )

It went to the staff to decide and unanimously voted to agree to him being banned, not by me , all my PM's with freehand where in the staff area for all the staff to view and it was decided I handle the situation perfectly and Freehand was an "a typical dummy throwing" member.

here is the post in the thread, the buyer swisstoni also had a talking too.

https://www.amibay.com/showthread.ph...C-Big-box-*-30

read it for yourself MANY members not happy with freehand we couldn't ignore this no matter the excuse of LOW value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardine View Post
Quote:
Hi buddy swisstoni PM me first so have to go with him sorry.

erm WHAT!!!!!!!!!

continue the sale and face the consequence please be sure...

best course of action is refund the payment and see if "1ST" in line still want the selected games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisstoni View Post
Payment sent

Greed simple.........

you KNEW someone was before you and you still sent payment.

reverse this action or the mod boom stick will come into play
your reply

Quote:
swisstoni has been given a refund unfortunately he has to wait 7 days paypals decision I just refunded.

1. I was under the impression that PM was king I see some posts say "interested" and a moderator not happy but I now realise inadequate information my bad sorry.

2. Sardine I do not appreciate you talking to me like a child threatening me with " face the consequence please be sure..." w.t.f .

3. I have been here for many years and my feedback is one of the best and tried to give people fair prices on my years of retro collection.

4 All sales with drawn and can you stick your forum up your arse.

Thanks all who have been good in the past.

then it went to PM.

from me

Quote:
As you said you have been here for many years since 2011 with 81 feedback, how can you say "PM was king" ?? its a core rule of the Amibay trade process which im very sure you understood clearly from all the other trades you have been involved in over the MANY years.

I gave you a way out by refunding the sale and asking "1st" inline if they wanted to proceed. instead you are defending your actions by diverting the fault towards me, if it makes you feel better so be it but you ignored the rules and now are acting the victim by halting all other sales disappointing other members including the 1st in line for this thread.

I can't "stick my forum up my arse" it's not mine. I moderate for free in my spare time. your thread was brought to our attention "reported" and couldn't be ignored.

I posted in open forum to stop the sale asap as moneys had already been exchanged and so the person/s who reported the post could see action was being taken.

I give no apology, you made a mistake and now point your finger at me,.

if you still wish to throw your dummy out and leave I will ask an admin to do so for you or you can get over it and move on that's up to you.

your move...
your reply

Quote:
I did make a mistake but not on purpose I am not a liar I favour no one here and sure do not need to sell a £2.50 game as quickly as possible.

Remove my account.
my reply

Quote:
I didn't say you did it on purpose, not once have you been called a liar, come on clutching at straws now to validate you dummy throwing and storming off in a strop.

if you're sure you want to be stubborn and leave so be it but you have interest again in 1st in line again and others waiting.

so if you want your account closed let any admin know as mods can't close your account, we can freeze or ban only.
your reply

Quote:
Do not make this personal with the "dummy throwing and storming off in a strop" comments I am becoming a little tired of it.

I will decide which way to go later tonight.
I left it there and handed it over to the site staff..

now you can all decide how WE handled it..

update:-

Just for information Freehand continued to trade on the site for the next week or so ultimately then requesting to have his account closed to the site admins.

Last edited by sardine; 19 July 2021 at 12:54.
Old 19 July 2021, 13:27   #62
RichL

Well there it is.gif
Old 20 July 2021, 01:38   #63
freehand

@Sardine:

First I did not declare PM is King I said I was under the impression.

Second I did not go ahead with the sale AFTER staff challenged me regarding the PM is king statement.

Also no one tried hard to work with me why would they there was dead silence apart from your PMs

Also I did not continue to sell for a week or so I opened a sale on the 5th and ended on the 5th hours later when daveeo stepped in I was still waiting for my member ship to be closed so thought I would let some more games go.

I was only banned when I asked for a ban.

The key thing here for me was the dummy throwing comments no one has ever spoken to me like that face to face so was not going to except it on a forum it lit my fuse.

Any how it's water under the bridge shame it ended this way I am maybe a little touchy at times , glad you posted the PMs kudos to you.

Last edited by freehand; 20 July 2021 at 02:38.
Old 20 July 2021, 02:15   #64
lmimmfn

@freehand, sorry man but from what is posted, you are in the wrong.
Old 20 July 2021, 02:22   #65
freehand

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmimmfn View Post
@freehand, sorry man but from what is posted, you are in the wrong.
Yea your probably right.
Old 21 August 2021, 21:23   #66
IanS

Quote:
Yea your probably right.
Only "probably"?

I've never been to Amibay, but honestly, looking at that conversation and your attitude in this thread... I think they have treated you far better than you deserve after a tantrum like that. Were you having a really bad week?

And what did it actually achieve? You made yourself look like a muppet on eab and you upset a few people along the way?

Maybe just be a **little** less "touchy" in future. Sending a few apologies via PM probably won't hurt (well, not too much!).
Old 22 August 2021, 01:18   #67
freehand

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanS View Post
Only "probably"?

I've never been to Amibay, but honestly, looking at that conversation and your attitude in this thread... I think they have treated you far better than you deserve after a tantrum like that. Were you having a really bad week?

And what did it actually achieve? You made yourself look like a muppet on eab and you upset a few people along the way?

Maybe just be a **little** less "touchy" in future. Sending a few apologies via PM probably won't hurt (well, not too much!).
Nice story.
Old 22 August 2021, 04:34   #68
Beastifus

I just want to know if swisstoni or kixs got the games, let's wrap this up.

Just kidding... I just wish the LOCATION was in the title somewhere in the AmiBay listings so you don't have to click. Us USA guys could really use it.
Old 22 August 2021, 06:42   #69
freehand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastifus View Post
I just want to know if swisstoni or kixs got the games, let's wrap this up.

Just kidding... I just wish the LOCATION was in the title somewhere in the AmiBay listings so you don't have to click. Us USA guys could really use it.
kixs received the games and short changed me in the process things got out of hand real quick, unfortunately I did not check what was going on in the main thread and excepted swisstions money when I did go back to read the posts it was to late.

swisstoni received a refund.

All people who bought from me received there games and was happy the only person who did not thank me was kixs but did say sorry for making a fuss in a PM.

By the way I was under the impression the person who replied AND PM me first was above just a reply in a thread as many would take interest in a sale but not reply for days and just reply "interested" which the moderators did not like.

Last edited by freehand; 22 August 2021 at 06:59.
Old 22 August 2021, 09:04   #70
trixster
Guru Meditating

It says in the rules that a declaration of Interest needs to be followed up within 24 hours. If it isn’t followed up then move onto the next guy. What’s the confusion here?
Old 23 August 2021, 01:18   #71
freehand

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixster View Post
It says in the rules that a declaration of Interest needs to be followed up within 24 hours. If it isn’t followed up then move onto the next guy. What’s the confusion here?
I never read the rules which was my downfall in the end obviously so in hindsight I made a right cluster fuck of things the more I read back the discussion with sardine the more cringe worthy it makes me feel.

Anyway time to move on
Old 14 October 2021, 23:54   #72
kixs

Quote:
kixs received the games and short changed me in the process things got out of hand real quick, unfortunately I did not check what was going on in the main thread and excepted swisstions money when I did go back to read the posts it was to late.

swisstoni received a refund.

All people who bought from me received there games and was happy the only person who did not thank me was kixs but did say sorry for making a fuss in a PM.

By the way I was under the impression the person who replied AND PM me first was above just a reply in a thread as many would take interest in a sale but not reply for days and just reply "interested" which the moderators did not like.

Looking for news about the migration of AmiBay, google puts this thread on the 2nd spot and why not read it...

It's interesting to see your nick being discussed... I wish the AmiBay was online now, so I could check what was going on... My memory stack is limited and have already forgotten about this. Although the boom stick does ring a bell

PS:
I had my share of admin complaints and even infraction... didn't make me happy about it. After that I changed my selling approach... but I still buy more than sell - hoarder I am
Old 14 October 2021, 23:57   #73
crazyc

"Looking for news about the migration of AmiBay,"

Try the amibay users Facebook group
Old 15 October 2021, 00:15   #74
sardine

site has been moved, its just being bug tested and once the green light is given the .com will be moved over.
Old 15 October 2021, 01:00   #75
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Well, I have not traded on Amibay in a huge scale, but whatever I bought and sold there did work out fine.

And, since I did not confirm to Ebay's new payment system, it is a great alternative for internationally seling Amiga and retro things.
And, don't forget: it is all for free, and doesn't rip you off 10% or even more!!

However, I have to agree, the rules are really very strict, and I am always a bit afraid of doing something wrong or forgetting about some rule when I am posting there.
But ok, I can live with such rules as long as mods tell me where and how I acted aganst the rules.
And, making one mistake should not get anyone instantly banned, except someone turns out to scam buyers or similar.
Old 15 October 2021, 11:07   #76
kixs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyc View Post
"Looking for news about the migration of AmiBay,"

Try the amibay users Facebook group

That was my plan. Google will find the Facebook group as I don't use FB... But got stuck here instead
Old 27 October 2021, 02:39   #77
polygongray~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Yes, they also denied to register me with ihateamibay@atari.st email... just kidding
lol, nice one
Old 20 December 2021, 16:50   #78
dreadnought

Are there any news regarding new registrations? The "It won't be long before it is possible to register again." message has been there for quite some time now.
Old 20 December 2021, 17:47   #79
Pyromania

That’s funny, they rejected my email address as well.

FuHardAmibay@atarist.sux

Just Kidding
Old 20 December 2021, 18:05   #80
sardine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
Are there any news regarding new registrations? The "It won't be long before it is possible to register again." message has been there for quite some time now.
im told after xmas when we ditch Vbulletin v5 crap ( reason I stepped down as admin ). and go to Xenforo instead.

the server was upgraded but vb5 is a big dog pile of crap.