English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.TOSEC (amiga only)

Old 17 November 2014, 15:17   #1
tomse
We need more scans!

Floppy disk TOSEC Amiga ISO (Contribution + Correction)

With the latest TOSEC update we've gotten to add quite a few Amiga ISO's which hasn't been done for a long time prior.

We need some contributors as there are plenty of CD's out there that doesn't exist in TOSEC.

There are some ground rules for dumping images.

1. We need a direct contact to the person who dumps (this invalidates all the CD images in eab's fileserver)
2. We require the ring code of the CD
3. For CD's with Audio tracks, a dump with Excact Audio Copy is needed. A guide already exists here on EAB, but a lot has happened since then.
4. Proof of ownership (photo/scan of CD)

If a mod makes this post sticky, we can use this thread as a correction thread as well.
Old 17 November 2014, 15:19   #2
tomse
We need more scans!

Is there space enough on the file server to add the TOSEC ISO Collection (atm 320 gigs)?
(Some ISO's won't be uploaded as they're still being sold commercially/restricted by EAB fileserver policies)
Old 18 November 2014, 04:49   #3
Crashdisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomse View Post
Is there space enough on the file server to add the TOSEC ISO Collection (atm 320 gigs)?
(Some ISO's won't be uploaded as they're still being sold commercially/restricted by EAB fileserver policies)
The easiest way is to ask the question directly!?
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=43633

Quote:
We need some contributors as there are plenty of CD's out there that doesn't exist in TOSEC.
I will come to you soon on this subject, including to confirm some existing dump.

Quote:
3. For CD's with Audio tracks, a dump with Excact Audio Copy is needed. A guide already exists here on EAB, but a lot has happened since then.
in this case, there should be an update

Quote:
If a mod makes this post sticky, we can use this thread as a correction thread as well.
Done

In the meantime, thank you for your good work
Old 18 November 2014, 08:56   #4
tomse
We need more scans!

You're right, the FTP question should be asked in the other post ;-)
Old 05 February 2020, 16:50   #5
Velociraptor5

@tomse

Hi,
here is a few bugs I found...
Something is in "Commodore Amiga CD32 - Games", something in "Commodore Amiga CDTV - Games", something in "Commodore Amiga CDTV - Compilations - [ISO]"...

Global bug 1 - wrong parentheses for "Tracks" in files (and CUEs)

Here we can see total mess...
If we look at Amiga ISO part of TOSEC, so we can see that...

Approximately first half of files uses correct rounded parentheses, as for example:
CD Micro French (1994)(LCL)(Track 1 of 7).iso
CD Micro French (1994)(LCL)(Track 2 of 7).wav
...etc

And approximately second half of files uses wrong squared parentheses, as for example:
Benefactor (1994)(Psygnosis)[Track 01 of 18].img
Benefactor (1994)(Psygnosis)[Track 02 of 18].wav
...etc

And sometimes there is total mix of both parentheses together, as for example:
Legend of Kyrandia, The - Book One (2015-05-24)(Virgin)[Track 1 of 2][f www.cd32.co.uk].iso
Legend of Kyrandia, The - Book One (2015-05-24)[Virgin)(Track 2 of 2][f www.cd32.co.uk].wav

Of course, all "Track" squared parentheses should be changed to rounded ones.
I checked whole ISO TOSEC (all platforms) and whole TOSEC uses rounded parentheses correctly. This type of bug we can find in Commodore section only.

Global bug 2 - placement of games, working on more than one hardware, e.g. [Amiga-CD32] etc.

I did a deep scan a found out, there is an unbelievable mess here. Everything is done absolutely randomly, out of any system. I'll start with games for [Amiga-CD32].

First case is...
If the game for [Amiga-CD32] has only one format release (If I am speaking about format release, I mean ISO, BIN, IMG or MDF), so one game is placed in "CD - Games" section and second game is placed in "CD32 - Games" section. Unfortunately, everything is absolutely random.

Examples:
Star Crusader (1994)(Gametek - Take 2)[!][Amiga-CD32] - (ISO format)
-is placed in "CD32 - Games" section

Fightin' Spirit (1996)(NEO)(M3)[!][Amiga-CD32] - (ISO format)
-is placed in "CD - Games" section

Second case is...
If the game for [Amiga-CD32] has more than one format release, so half of releases is placed in "CD - Games" section and second half of releases is placed in "CD32 - Games" section.

Examples:
Wendetta 2175 (1996)(Skills)[!][Amiga-CD32] - (ISO format)

Wendetta 2175 (1996)(Skills)[AGA][Amiga-CD32] - (IMG format)

Wendetta 2175 (1996)(Skills)[AGA-CD32] - (BIN format)

(by the way, we can see "interesting" hardware flags, 3 same games and 3 different hardware flags)
--------------------------------------------------------------
Black Viper (1996)(NEO)(M3)[!][Amiga-CD32] - (ISO format)

Black Viper (1996)(Neo)(M3) - (IMG format)

(here is also hardware flag problem, second release is missing flag [Amiga-CD32])

So, is it clear, What I am speaking about? In my opinion, It's total mess, out of any system, the placement of the games was chosen absolutely randomly...

And solution?
In my opinion, there are only two ways how to solve it. I'll show it on "Wendetta 2175" example.

a)
All 3 format releases of this game (ISO, IMG and BIN) should be placed in "CD - Games" section, but also all 3 format releases of this game should be placed in "CD32 - Games" section...
But in my opinion, this is total nonsense. Lot of games would be doubled, some tripled... just nonsense.

b)
I think, only one normal reasonable solution is, that...
All 3 format releases of this game (ISO, IMG and BIN) should be placed only in place, in this case in "CD - Games" section.

In my opinion, globally, in case of:
[Amiga-CD32] - all games designed for CD Amigas & CD32 should be placed in "CD - Games" only.
[CD32-CDTV] - all games designed for CD32 & CDTV should be placed in "CD32 - Games" only.
etc.

In my opinion, this is only one system solution.

Global bug 3 - hardware flag [Amiga-CD32], [AGA][Amiga-CD32], [AGA-CD32]...

It's about harware flags, when the game works on CD equiped Amiga and also on CD32 (or CDTV). Now, most games in Amiga TOSEC use these combination:
[Amiga-CD32]
[Amiga-CDTV]
[Amiga-CD32-CDTV]

It's also about hardware flag [AGA], this flag is widely used in "Commodore Amiga - CD" section. Here, this [AGA] flag is usually without "[Amiga]" flag. It's understandable, because in CD section is obvious, that the games here work on Amiga+CD.

But what about [AGA] flag in CD32 section, when games also work on Amiga+CD and need AGA? This flag is important and should be implemented. Now we can find several examples, unfortunatelly the formats are out of any system, especially look at the Wendetta. Here are an examples:

Wendetta 2175 (1996)(Skills)[!][Amiga-CD32] ---> in CD - Games - [ISO]
Wendetta 2175 (1996)(Skills)[AGA][Amiga-CD32] ---> in CD32 - Games - [IMG]
Wendetta 2175 (1996)(Skills)[AGA-CD32] ---> in CD - Games - [BIN]

Cedric and the lost sceptre (1996)(NEO)(de-en)[!][AGA-CD32] ---> in CD - Games - [ISO]
Cedric and the lost sceptre (1996)(NEO)(de-en)[!][AGA-CD32] ---> in CD32 - Games - [IMG]

Erben der Erde - Die grosse Suche (1995)(Softgold)(DE)[AGA-CD32] ---> in CD32 - Games - [IMG]

In my opinion, there should be implemented only one flag for the games, that work on Amiga+CD and CD32 and that need AGA chipsets. My suggest is:
[AGA-Amiga-CD32]

This flag should be used for the games above.

And here are a few new tips, suitable for this new flag:
Black Viper (1996)(NEO)(M3)[!][Amiga-CD32] ---> in CD - Games - [ISO]
Black Viper (1996)(Neo)(M3) ---> in CD32 - Games - [IMG]

Fears (1995)(attic)(DE)(en)[!] ---> in CD32 - Games - [ISO]
Fears (1995)(Guildhall Leisure Services)[!] ---> in CD32 - Games - [ISO]

Kang Fu (1996)(ALTER interservice - Greed)[!][Amiga-CD32] ---> in CD32 - Games - [ISO]

Star Crusader (1994)(Gametek - Take 2)[!][Amiga-CD32] ---> in CD32 - Games - [ISO]

CDPL 1 (1998-09)(Almathera)(PL)[AmigaCD-CDTV-CD32][CDPL 1 Almathera Tel 01689 813616]

-Wrong hardware flag
Should be changed to [Amiga-CD32-CDTV]
Everywhere in Amiga TOSEC-ISO is used this combination [Amiga-CD32-CDTV]. This is only one case, where It is wrong (Amiga + reversed order of CD32 and CDTV).
And moreover the flag "AmigaCD" also doesn't exist anywhere in Amiga TOSEC-ISO, this is only one case again, where It is wrong.

Xenon 2 - Megablast (1992)(Mirrorsoft)(M5)[CDTV-CD32]

-Wrong hardware flag
Should be changed to [CD32-CDTV], also inside the archive.
Everywhere in Amiga TOSEC-ISO is used this combination [CD32-CDTV] only. This is only one case, where It is wrong (reversed order of CD32 and CDTV).

Oscar (1993)(Flair)

-Missing dump flag
This game is missing CD Audio, although is contained. It's "probably" due to missing file ".sub" in this pack. All [IMG] games in Amiga TOSEC contain this file ".sub". If you look at the game, so the data have only about 5MB and the "invisible" rest is about 218MB. And that's approximately the same as 13 audio "wav" files (track 11-23) from the second version of the game "Diggers & Oscar (1993)(Commodore)[!][compilation][AMIGA-CD-V2]", these files have about 210MB.

That means...
The game should have dump flag, something like this:
[b]
[b missing CD audio]

... or some similar one

Defender of the Crown II (1993)(Commodore)(CD32-CDTV)

-Wrong parentheses
Should be changed to squared [CD32-CDTV], also inside the archive.

-Wrong placement
Now, this game is in "CDTV BIN section". I think it's wrong. This game was released for CD32 (Although originally scheduled for CDTV). You can look at HoL entry for example. That means, the game should be moved to the "CD32 BIN section".

Camel Racer (1998)(MMMGroup)[CD32-CDTV]

-Wrong placement
Now, this game is in "CDTV ISO section". I think, it's wrong. This game was mainly released for CD32. You can look at the discscan in HoL for example. That means, the game should be moved to the "CD32 ISO section". If you look also at the basically same game "Gangster Pursuit" of the same publisher "MMMgroup", so this game was also mainly released for CD32, but unfortunately, now this game is not contained in standard "Amiga ISO TOSEC".

-Addidtional note
I am not sure, if these 2 games "Camel Racer" and eventually "Gangster Pursuit" should be marked as "CDTV" at all, and wether these 2 games shouldn't be marked "CD32" only. I tested both games on CDTV (WinUAE) and both games need at least 1.5MB ram to run correctly. And this configuration really wasn't standart on CDTV... In my opinion, it run on CDTV only randomly.

Lamborghini American Challenge (1994)(Titus)[CDR000363]

-Wrong description and placement
This is not standalone game, but "Amiga CD32 Special 1" coverdisk (also contains games as "Beneath Steel Sky, Bum'n'Burn...).
This is only alternative to next TOSEC release "Amiga CD32 Special 1 (1994-12-08)(Paragon Publishing)(GB)[!][Lamborghini American Challenge]", which is correctly placed in "CD32 - Coverdiscs - [ISO]" section.
That's why, this game should be renamed and also moved to "CD32 - Coverdiscs - [ISO]" section.

Cinderella - The Original Fairy Tale (1991)(Discis)(en-es)[CDRM-575000 3]
Cinderella - The Original Fairy Tale (1992)(Discis)(M5)[!][CDRM-735100 1]
Cinderella - Original Fairy Tale The, (1992)(Discis)

-Wrong placement and name
First two sets are in "Educational" section, third set is in "Game" section". Strange, all should be in "Educational" section only (all Discis games are educational).
Third set should be also renamed to "Cinderella - The Original Fairy Tale...", also inside the archive.

Big 6, The - Original Dizzy Adventure Games (1994)(Codemasters)[!][compilation]

-Wrong file names and that's why nonworking cue
These faulty names:
Big 6, The - Original Dizzy Adventu (1994)(Codemasters)[Track 1 of 3][!][compilation].iso
Big 6, The - Original Dizzy Adventu (1994)(Codemasters)[Track 2 of 3][!][compilation].wav
Big 6, The - Original Dizzy Adventu (1994)(Codemasters)[Track 3 of 3][!][compilation].wav

should be renamed to:
Big 6, The - Original Dizzy Adventure Games (1994)(Codemasters)[Track 1 of 3][!][compilation].iso
Big 6, The - Original Dizzy Adventure Games (1994)(Codemasters)[Track 2 of 3][!][compilation].wav
Big 6, The - Original Dizzy Adventure Games (1994)(Codemasters)[Track 3 of 3][!][compilation].wav

and then everything works as should...

Turrican II (1991)(Rainbow Arts)[F-8339]

-Wrong and nonworking "cue" in game archive and in TOSEC "CUEs" folder.
There is wrong assignment in the "cue" to file "Turrican2CDTV.img", should be changed to "Turrican II (1991)(Rainbow Arts)[F-8339].img".

Alien Breed - Tower Assault (1994)(Team 17)[!]

-Wrong name
This game is not Alien Breed - Tower Assault only, but It's compilation of two games namely:
Alien Breed - Tower Assault and Alien Breed II - The Horror Continues
So it should be renamed to Alien Breed - Tower Assault & Alien Breed II - The Horror Continues
You can check it out here http://hol.abime.net/5361
Don't be confused by front side of boxscan, where is written Alien Breed - Tower Assault only, read the rear side of boxscan.

Project-X & F17 Challenge v2.0 (1993)(Team 17)[!][compilation][CDD3499]
Project-X & F17 Challenge (1993)(Team 17)[!][compilation][CDD3187]
Project-X & Ultimate Body Blows (1994)(Team 17)[!][compilation] ISO version
Project-X & Ultimate Body Blows (1994)(Team 17)[!][compilation] IMG version

-Wrong name
All these games are not Project-X, but Project-X Special Edition 93. Should be renamed.
Project-X SE has different music and difficulty.
You can look here: http://hol.abime.net/5131 or http://hol.abime.net/1165

Team Yankee (1995)(Almathera)[!][compilation Ten On Ten]

-Total wrong placement
This is not original CDTV game!!! This game doesn't boot on CDTV at all (you can see red screen) and the CD is also missing trademark file. This game is some "homebrew" and works only on Amigas+CD (autoboot or can be run from WB). You can also find on CD some copied Team Yanke CDTV booklets and manual... In "ReadMe" you can read about this game and multitasking in Workbench... and signature THP cytrus'95.
I don't believe, this is some official "Almathera compilation" and even if it is, still should be moved somewhere to CD section, because this is not CDTV game.

Parasol Stars (1992)(Ocean)[b]

-Wrong placement
Now the game is in "Amiga CDTV - Games" section
But this IS NOT CDTV game and never was!!!
a) This game has never been released on CDTV
b) You can run from WB with CD and you can see intro: "Crimewatch UK presents HD-Installer #33: Parasol Stars, Cracked by Skidrow"
c) You can choose of 2 startups: If you got 4megs fast or if you got 2megs only. Well, how you can see, this game is really not for CDTV
d) This game is only CRACK of A500 game for CD Amigas

I think, the game should be moved somewhere to CD homebrew.

Center Court Tennis 2 (2016-07-21)(Fritsche, Gernot)(FW)[!]

-Missing flag "beta"
According to HoL entry (https://hol.abime.net/6139), this CD32 version is beta, so the new name should be:
Center Court Tennis 2 (2016-07-21)(Fritsche, Gernot)(FW)(beta)[!]

Cover Girl Strip Poker (1991)(Emotional Pictures)(DK)[92121507-01]

-Wrong languages
This game is not "DK" only, but contains these 3 languages (full spoken):
a) Swedish
b) Danish
c) Norwegian

so, the new name should be:
Cover Girl Strip Poker (1991)(Emotional Pictures)(M3)[92121507-01]

Diggers & Oscar (1993)(Commodore)[!][compilation][AMIGA-CD-V2]
Diggers (1993)(Millennium)(NTSC)[!]
Diggers & Oscar (1993)(Commodore)[!][compilation][AMIGA-CD 31, 54]

-Wrong languages
This game contain these 4 languages
a) English
b) French
c) German
d) Italian

All is seen on my own eyes and I can confirm it, the texts have 4 language versions in the game.
So these games should contain "(M4)" flag

-wrong version note
Also these version notes "[AMIGA-CD-V2]" and [AMIGA-CD 31, 54] seem to be quite nonsense for me.

Mind Run (1991)(Crealude)(FR)(M6)[CFI MINDRUM 91137]

-Wrong number of languages
This version has 3 languages [M3] only. Should be changed.
That's why is shorter than second version of this game "Mind Run (1991)(Crealude)(FR)(M6)[!][CFI MINDRUM 91148]"
You can check it direct in game (Push brain, there are language options).

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1992)(Softgold)(DE)[F-8947]

-Missing note "[cp code]"
Also has "[cp code]" protection (tested). It's the same case like "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1992)(Softgold)(DE)[!][cp code]".

Cedric and the lost sceptre (1996)(NEO)(de-en)[!][AGA-CD32]

-Wrong upper and lower cases
The archiv and the files should be renamed to "Cedric and the Lost Sceptre".

Logical (1991)(Rainbow Arts)

-Wrong character "i"
Wrong character "i" in the name should be replaced by "!".
So, the new name should be changed to "Log!cal (1992)(Rainbow Arts)", also inside the archive.
The second version of the game also exists namely "Log!cal (1992)(Rainbow Arts)[!]" and there It's correct.

Town With No Name (1992)(On-line)(M6)[CDTV-Towns] IMG version
Town With No Name (1992)(On-line)(M6)[!][CDTV-TOWNS] ISO version

-Wrong upper and lower cases
In archive and files should be used only one version of hardware flag either "[CDTV-Towns]" or "[CDTV-TOWNS]".

E.S.S Mega (1991)(Coktel)[CDTV ESS MEGA MPO 02]

-Wrong character "}"
Inside the archive is this file:
E.S.S Mega (1991)(Coktel)[Track 02 of 02][CDTV ESS MEGA MPO 02}
Character "}" should be changed to "]".

Cannon Fodder (1993)(Virgin)[Amiga-CD32][a]

-Wrong character "[!]"
Inside the archive is this file:
Cannon Fodder (1993)(Virgin)[Track 1 of 2][!][Amiga-CD32]
Character "[!]" should be deleted, because all other files and name of archive don't contain "[!]".

Last edited by Velociraptor5; 16 July 2022 at 23:16. Reason: new issues added
Old 07 February 2020, 18:31   #6
Crashdisk

@Velociraptor5
I moved your post to the right place

@tomse
There's an error in a CUE file:
Assassins - Ultimate CD Games Collection v2 (1994)(Weird Science)[!][Amiga-CD32-CDTV][CDD5560]
Code:
CATALOG 0000000000000
FILE "Assassins - Ultimate CD Games Collection v2 (1994)(Weird Science)(Track 1 of 2)[!][Amiga-CD32-CDTV][CDD5560].iso" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE1/2048
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "Assassins - Ultimate CD Games Collection v2 (1994)(Weird Science)(Track 1 of 2)[!][Amiga-CD32-CDTV][CDD5560].wav" WAVE
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    PREGAP 00:02:00
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
> Assassins - Ultimate CD Games Collection v2 (1994)(Weird Science)(Track 2 of 2)[!][Amiga-CD32-CDTV][CDD5560].wav
Old 21 March 2020, 17:33   #7
Crashdisk

@tomse
I don't know anything about the distribution of Polish CDs, but there's a big mess in the :
Magazyn Amiga CDxx (199x)(MagnaMedia)(PL)

Magazyn Amiga CD01 (1997-09)(MagnaMedia)(PL)
=>
Magazyn Amiga Cover CD #1 (1997-09)(MagnaMedia)(PL)

Magazyn Amiga CD01 (1997-09)(MagnaMedia)(PL)[a]
=>
MACD - Magazyn Amiga CD 01 (1996)(Eureka)(PL)
It's not a coverdisc
Old 22 March 2020, 11:22   #8
tomse
We need more scans!

@Crashdisk
Sorry to hear that.

Though I've retired from TOSEC

You got some stuff waiting (check slack).
Old 22 March 2020, 20:51   #9
Crashdisk

@tomse
Have you found your successor? Have you? No retirement until you finish your work ^^
All kidding aside, you posted your files in their final versions?
Old 23 March 2020, 01:20   #10
tomse
We need more scans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashdisk View Post
@tomse
Have you found your successor? Have you? No retirement until you finish your work ^^
All kidding aside, you posted your files in their final versions?

haha, no successor, but I have a feeling NLS might pick it up :-)

my final version was for the last release
Old 28 March 2020, 20:45   #11
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Though I've retired from TOSEC
Oh no, when and why is that; if you don't mind me asking tomse?

Anyway, thank you for all your work / contributions
Old 28 March 2020, 22:40   #12
tomse
We need more scans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Oh no, when and why is that; if you don't mind me asking tomse?

Anyway, thank you for all your work / contributions

Not at all. I stopped around christmas for the last release. It was the lack of time actually, as I also have the scans for my website, and other Commodore projects.

I had to cut down on some of my many continuous projects.

So now I'm just a hang around, and supply them with disk dumps :-)
Old 29 May 2022, 15:24   #13
Velociraptor5

@Crashdisk

Hi,
I would like to know your own opinion. What you think... Does make it sense to add sometimes new and new issues I found to the big issue post "#5" I created in this thread?
Really, Does make it sense? Or TOSEC Amiga ISO is dead forever...
Old 29 May 2022, 19:43   #14
Crashdisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor5 View Post
@Crashdisk

Hi,
I would like to know your own opinion. What you think... Does make it sense to add sometimes new and new issues I found to the big issue post "#5" I created in this thread?
Really, Does make it sense? Or TOSEC Amiga ISO is dead forever...
Hi,
I don't know if the Amiga ISO section of TOSEC is dead forever, but I have no news at the moment about a possible successor.
If I have some time, I could fix some mistakes in the current database, so you can always suggest things.
Old 30 May 2022, 14:28   #15
Velociraptor5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashdisk View Post
Hi,
I don't know if the Amiga ISO section of TOSEC is dead forever, but I have no news at the moment about a possible successor.
If I have some time, I could fix some mistakes in the current database, so you can always suggest things.
Ok,
I'll add or suggest there something sometimes...