English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 10 September 2021, 20:36   #1
ZEUSDAZ

Shit Game Time: WWF European Wrestling Tour, oh my lord!

Yep, a couple of weeks back I was requested to play International Wrestling on the Amiga and asked is there an actual good wrestling game on the Amiga?!
Well here's another one and yep It's another shittun', WWF European Wrestling Tour.

This is a paid request from Youtuber "RayC", the bad wrestling games hell continues

WWF European Wrestling Tour SGT Game Review: [ Show youtube player ]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wwe amiga RAYc(1).jpg
Views:	94
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	73158  
Old 10 September 2021, 21:31   #2
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I really want to be able to go back in time so I can be there when they make the decision that a button masher like this is "good enough" and see the expressions on people's faces as it is being said.

Things move, when you hit a button something happens, Hulk Hogan's photo is recognizable - ship it!
Old 10 September 2021, 21:34   #3
Foebane
Banned

Please, no more sports games, can't stand 'em.

I mean, I don't know how wrestling video games are meant to work, as there are so many holds, etc. It's a bit like rugby video games, never played any of 'em, as I'd rather watch Wales play for real instead.
Old 10 September 2021, 22:30   #4
d4rk3lf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane View Post
I mean, I don't know how wrestling video games are meant to work, as there are so many holds,
Haven't played a lot of them, but yeah, "hold" and smashing buttons and left and right (to get free), were common.
I guess, if someone would stole a little bit of Street Fighter 2 gameplay, add a run (and bouncing of ropes), add a jumping from ropes... I guess you could make a nice wrestler, with interesting gameplay.

Wrestlemania sort of did it, although, it's play style is more of a Mortal Kombat, then of Street Fighter 2.
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 13 September 2021, 11:01   #5
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Mortal Kombat with some WWE ring mechanics sounds like a cool game, so good choice I guess

@0:50 seconds, the knee slammed dude just floating in the air though... how to ruin immersion in one step.

That game really makes a point though: sound is REALLY important. All the nice slams, oofs and crunch sounds, wonderful.
Old 16 September 2021, 15:08   #6
PatmanQC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEUSDAZ View Post
Yep, a couple of weeks back I was requested to play International Wrestling on the Amiga and asked is there an actual good wrestling game on the Amiga?!
Well here's another one and yep It's another shittun', WWF European Wrestling Tour.

This is a paid request from Youtuber "RayC", the bad wrestling games hell continues

WWF European Wrestling Tour SGT Game Review: [ Show youtube player ]
As a wrestling fan I really enjoyed the music of the wrestlers entrance themes. Very well done. Everything else? Not so much. Even worse than their first effort which was abysmal