English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

Old 27 June 2020, 15:04   #121
Biscuit
Baked Produce

Oh, had no idea this was going on. DamienD, you've done a lot for the community. Do what you want now and enjoy yourself.
Old 27 June 2020, 21:44   #122
Viceroy

There's no getting away from it, but since DD went there's very little happening on here :-(
Old 29 June 2020, 13:14   #123
Revenile

I may be a younger account with very little in post count (don't want to force a post in a thread I have nothing to say in, even if it means it will take me forever to get access to the FTP when it comes back up), but some of the threads on here where Damien got heated were some of the more entertaining reads. I think that while some points were missed in some of those arguments, he did a fantastic job moderating this forum and his resignation will be felt.

I salute you Damien for a superb job as a moderator, and hope you stick around, if not just for the fun side of EAB and why I have it as one of only 3 bookmarks in my browser's bar.
Old 03 July 2020, 16:36   #124
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Proof of Life.
Old 03 July 2020, 17:54   #125
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Yeah, noticed that. Glad to see Damien is still here.
Old 04 July 2020, 06:42   #126
lesta_smsc

How remiss of me that I have only just noticed this thread (and just goes to show, how grateful I am that I do NOT have to police through posts/threads to ensure the content is up to the standards expected of this forum and in line with the rules).

You have done an amazing job over the years and as with any job; there will be those that appreciate your contributions and others who will always criticise/pick faults.

I am really disappointed in one thing (particularly)... your "DamienD's WinUAE Collection" thread has gone AWOL!? Just when I was moving from original hardware to emulation! argh! lol

I think what you need is a break away from the responsibilities that come from being a moderator. Be lay member like the rest of us, so you can take a step back and enjoy what EAB has to offer, but don't have to involve yourself in the disputes (unless you want to! :P )

I hope you will decide to stay on as a member (we have some that haven't even been active for YEARS, in fact one is a moderator for the WinUAE Kaillera thread lol) - at least, who else is better than to advise (me) on WinUAE setups when I get rid of my Amiga's!?

All the best for the future whatever you may decide on using your new found free time
Old 05 July 2020, 01:09   #127
redblade
Zone Friend

Always did lots of work and help with WinUAE packs and those mac pacs you were doing on.

It's summer in Europe now so maybe spend a week in Ibiza on happy pills, or a week in the Nederlands cycling around the country on mushrooms, or maybe turn to the bible (Hardware Reference Manual)
Old 06 July 2020, 09:39   #128
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Why specifically shrooms though? Did I miss something and is that a common thing in the Netherlands? Not to my knowledge.
Old 06 July 2020, 11:13   #129
Dunny

It's more of a question that any person, at any time might reasonably ask - "Why not Shrooms?"
Old 06 July 2020, 16:47   #130
Retro1234
Phone Homer

I'd already sent you a message but you know it wasn't personal, anyways I personally lost interest not anything to do with you or other members I have other projects taking too much time.
I always thought you were a good mod except maybe 1 or 2 things I didn't agree on so...... take care and don't upload any homosexual stuff to my FTP! : even/especially if i'm in it

now if it was someone else I might just say see ya.....
Old 07 July 2020, 02:18   #131
redblade
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Why specifically shrooms though? Did I miss something and is that a common thing in the Netherlands? Not to my knowledge.
Well it's semi-legal there (Truffles). It's a great country to cycle around and look at the wind mills. What do you do when you cycle around the country there? Also all the Amiga shops are closed there
Old 07 July 2020, 12:40   #132
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblade View Post
What do you do when you cycle around the country there?
Oh enjoying the fresh air, completely sober. Drugs are partially legal... in very specific establishments, not on the streets and definitely not while riding a bicycle.
Old 11 July 2020, 17:32   #133
wunderwuzzi

Thanx so much for all you have done for the Amiga community !!! enjoy more quality time with the ones you love......
Old 11 July 2020, 20:45   #134
DaveTaylor

I once had been a SuperMod at a german Retrosite. I felt similar at a certain point and resigned too. It was like a burnout. In my active time I forced myself to read each and every post. I felt a lot of pressure. It affected my real life heavily.

I stayed away from the site for years. But one day I discovered that I missed it and started to write comments there again. Now its fun. Without any pressure.

You are the face of EAB for me. You were always a great supporter. But I totally understand that there is a point when its all too much.

Good decision, mate.
Take your time.
Old 15 July 2020, 19:03   #135
8bitbubsy

I see that some people in here tell him to stay, and that might make the situation more complex! He has done a great service for many years, and even good things have an end. Let him leave if he really wants to, without feeling guilt.
Old 17 July 2020, 00:48   #136
xubidoo

Not been a member as long as most on here, but 1 of the 1st things i noticed was that DamienD was everywhere seemingly single handedly moderating the entire board for the most part.

He also pointed a n00b ie: me in the right direction to find some games and programs i was looking for, as far as im concerned he did a great job and im sure there will be a noticable gap with him no longer moderating.

Much appreciated for all you have done over the years.

Old 02 August 2020, 19:54   #137
Retro1234
Phone Homer

You know what I apologise Damien, I've been doing alot of other stuff and had to join this forum and that forum to get answers but you know most people on EAB are the best forum people there are.
Old 08 August 2020, 16:13   #138
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro1234 View Post
You know what I apologise Damien
Code:
https://youtu.be/E4uUr5xIfFY?t=294
Old 08 August 2020, 16:23   #139
Adropac2
Zone Friend