English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 03 February 2018, 14:48   #321
DamienD
Banned

Toni, just noticed an issue with Dyna Blaster in v3.6.0.

Configuration file attached; same one I've used for many years...

For some reason, setting "Keyboard Layout B" under "Emulated parallel port joystick adapter" no longer works and looks as follows

...tested and all good in v3.5.0; this is how it looks there.

For some reason the "Emulated parallel port joystick adapter" settings are now inverted although using the exact same configuration.

If I replicate how things "look" in v3.5.0 with v.3.6.0 via the GUI, and then play, all is good

If however, I then save / quit and then reload; this is still messed up so no solution except changing this manually with every play

Finally, I know you don't usually do this, but could you possibly please fix and put into the v3.6.0 stable version my friend?

It's the only *special* game, due to use of a "4 player adapter", that doesn't now "just" work in my collection...

Last edited by DamienD; 24 February 2018 at 18:53.
Old 03 February 2018, 19:11   #322
DamienD
Banned

Toni 'master' Wilen has corrected the issue in v3.6.0 with Dyna Blaster as quick as lightning!!!

You need to however; download / extract / use the latest *beta* found here in my collection: WinUAE 3.6.1 beta series

...just click through the initial messages / warnings *once only*, then all is good
Old 03 February 2018, 19:38   #323
Adropac2
Zone Friend

this is a very good bit of work. I've been using it for just over a day now and knowing there's nothing required other than to choose your game is something special. The idea that we could do this ourselves of course has always been there but none of us ever do to any real extent and so our time spent using winuae is less fun than it should be. Time is a factor of course but all of that has been taken care of here. Yes very much worth anyone's time this and I'm pleased to have been able to download it. Thanks Damien

It's mad though thinking that we can do this at all regards to the running of so many games on the amazing Winuae. I remember similarly being amazed when I found out about Whdoad at a time when thousands of games had already being made to run on it at that time in 2008 I think it was. Had someone said to me say way back in 1998 that we'd be able to play the Amiga via emulation with access to all the games in both adf or whdload then I'd have just laughed. I never take any of it for granted

Very much worth a contribution everything considering
Old 04 February 2018, 10:06   #324
enzoboss

In the latest version of WinUae there are many more options, but I prefer FS-UAE I installed the latest version. I use an old off-line version that I modified where I can insert any type of game or program (I know it is also possible in WinUAE, but on FS-UAE it's easier for me).
My database is almost 30,000 files, adf, ipf, whdload, hdf, cd32, cdtv, cdrom etc...

Last edited by enzoboss; 17 September 2019 at 08:19.
Old 04 February 2018, 14:29   #325
Sinphaltimus

Damien - I've got a project scheduled to remove all extraneous WHDLoad configs and files to my arched for life HDD. Besides my Brief review earlier, I am enjoying your collection a lot and see no reason for multiple giant WHDLoad collections on my configs anymore. Thanks again. The video review is edited, it's 6.5GBs at 720 res. That's over 24 hours of interruption free uploading - not going to happen so I'm compressing the heck out of it now. As soon as it's done I'm hopeful it will be under a GB and I can start uploading to youtube soon.

EDIT2: Yep 1.17GB, uploading now....

Last edited by Sinphaltimus; 04 February 2018 at 14:49. Reason: added the word "youtube" - so as not to make people think I'm uploading it to the zone.
Old 04 February 2018, 17:08   #326
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adropac2 View Post
this is a very good bit of work. I've been using it for just over a day now and knowing there's nothing required other than to choose your game is something special. The idea that we could do this ourselves of course has always been there but none of us ever do to any real extent and so our time spent using winuae is less fun than it should be. Time is a factor of course but all of that has been taken care of here. Yes very much worth anyone's time this and I'm pleased to have been able to download it. Thanks Damien

It's mad though thinking that we can do this at all regards to the running of so many games on the amazing Winuae. I remember similarly being amazed when I found out about Whdoad at a time when thousands of games had already being made to run on it at that time in 2008 I think it was. Had someone said to me say way back in 1998 that we'd be able to play the Amiga via emulation with access to all the games in both adf or whdload then I'd have just laughed. I never take any of it for granted

Very much worth a contribution everything considering
Cheers for the feedback my friend and thank you much for your donation
Old 04 February 2018, 19:24   #327
Sinphaltimus

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 04 February 2018, 19:44   #328
DamienD
Banned

Toni reminded me of something important that I forgot to mention...

Have now updated post #2 with the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post

Required - install "DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)" for D3D9:

... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
Old 04 February 2018, 19:52   #329
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Only if you want to use D3D9 mode. It is not recommend anymore, unless drivers/hardware is too really old (as in ~10 years) to support D3D11. (EDIT: you also most likely have it already installed if you have played any D3D9 games)
Old 04 February 2018, 20:02   #330
jabybau

Hey DamienD,

your job is excellent and thanks for your big effort to release this awesome and perfect working Amiga Great Pack!!!! I have tried it and found so nostalgically brilliant!!!!
Cheers

Max
Old 04 February 2018, 20:29   #331
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphaltimus View Post
[ Show youtube player ]
Heya Sinphaltimus,

Thanks for taking the time to make a video review; half way through

One major thing though, now I know why you said:

Quote:
I'll probably kill full screen mode because I do like the original Aspect ratio and don't want to change my screen res.
"Fullscreen" should look similar to "Windowed" but obviously there will be black areas added on the left / right side; importantly the original aspect ratio of the Amiga / game is kept.

What you are seeing is most definitely not how I see things on my computer or any friends' computers that I've set this up on...

Even though "no scaling" has been set in any of my configurations, your setup is scaling / stretching to fill the entire width of the screen

I've seen this before; ransom1122 originally had the same problem and we worked through it

This is usually due to either of these reasons:

a) Automatic scaling is set via your video card.
b) Automatic scaling is set via your monitor.

You really need to investigate the above and rectify otherwise things look horrible and not how intended

Last edited by DamienD; 05 February 2018 at 00:26.
Old 04 February 2018, 20:40   #332
DamienD
Banned

*** posted by Sinphaltimus; moved it after the above as I was editing / deleting my post so was then out of sequence ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphaltimus
AH! OK then. I will investigate. Yeah, the only reason I didn't want full screen was because of that stretching. But as you said, I'm using your configs so I'll have to check it out on my system. I maybe able to change that in nvidia control panel for this particular application.
Check both things that I've mentioned i.e. video card and monitor settings
Old 04 February 2018, 21:42   #333
DamienD
Banned

Heya Sinphaltimus,

Completely finished watching your video now

Things to note:
  • You can double-click on any game in the list to start. No need to click "Load" and then "Start".
  • When you press <F12> to bring up the GUI and it doesn't fit; don't try to move it. Instead, just move your mouse cursor to any edges of the screen and it will slide / shift accordingly.
  • You didn't show / use important information from my 1st post regarding how to "eradicate boring loading times". This is quite relevant otherwise you'll soon get annoyed, trust me...

Quote:
Now people might say; why use so many .ADFs when loading is sooooo much slower than from hard drive? Firstly, I love old school cracktros / trainers. Secondly, this is not really an issue in emulation. You can use the following tricks to eradicate boring loading times:
  • Set "Floppy Drive Emulation Speed" to "800%" (which works fine for 95% of games).
  • Toggle "Warp" mode on / off i.e. <End> + <Pause>.
Could I ask you to please add the above to your YouTube page for me?

Note: the "stretched resolution" issue that you have / show in the video is probably the most important thing to highlight so that people are aware that this isn't how things should look / be.

Anyone that has the same thing occurring should read post #329 for actions to look into...

Last edited by DamienD; 04 February 2018 at 22:05.
Old 04 February 2018, 21:43   #334
DamienD
Banned

*** posted by Sinphaltimus; moved it after the above as *again* I was editing / deleting my post so was then out of sequence ***

Quote:
Quote:
Heya Sinphaltimus,

Could I ask you to please add the above to your YouTube page for me?

Note: the "stretched resolution" issue that you have / show in the video is probably the most important thing to highlight so that people aware that this isn't how things should look, see post #329 for things to look at...

DONE - I put it first in the description.
Cheers man, appreciate

Last edited by DamienD; 04 February 2018 at 22:13.
Old 05 February 2018, 23:33   #335
Sinphaltimus

I tried to msg you but you're full again so here:

So yeah, probably tomorrow night I will at least record another video.

I'm going to show how to fix the Hardware Video Stretching at the driver level then how to customize configs - in my case I'm going to remove the scanlines from the config files using notepad++. I'll probably visit most of the info in your post including adding the games you listed and fixing that one game.

I may even show how to add your own game that's not in the list including screenshots.

I hope to get it recorded, edited and uploaded before the weekend because I'll be AFK Saturday and Sunday. Fingers crossed.

I'll link to the second video from the first so people can follow along in order if they want.
Old 05 February 2018, 23:36   #336
zoodah

Thanks that you're adding games to your fantastic collection (Indie Retro News made me aware). Was going to ask about adding Greens/David Leadbetter's Greens but just saw it's there as Microprose Golf. Much thanks again for your great work.
Old 05 February 2018, 23:47   #337
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
I tried to msg you but you're full again so here:

So yeah, probably tomorrow night I will at least record another video.

I'm going to show how to fix the Hardware Video Stretching at the driver level then how to customize configs - in my case I'm going to remove the scanlines from the config files using notepad++. I'll probably visit most of the info in your post including adding the games you listed and fixing that one game.

I may even show how to add your own game that's not in the list including screenshots.

I hope to get it recorded, edited and uploaded before the weekend because I'll be AFK Saturday and Sunday. Fingers crossed.

I'll link to the second video from the first so people can follow along in order if they want.
My friend, I do appreciate the effort but really you don't need to

Extraction / setup is very simple, that's the whole point... Anyone interested can asked me for the URLs and then try for themselves first hand.

I've put enough information in posts #1 & #2 to answer all related questions / queries that I can think of
Old 05 February 2018, 23:51   #338
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodah View Post
Thanks that you're adding games to your fantastic collection (Indie Retro News made me aware). Was going to ask about adding Greens/David Leadbetter's Greens but just saw it's there as Microprose Golf. Much thanks again for your great work.
I've been constantly adding games / getting things *perfect* for over a decade now

...and once things calm down; I'll get back to doing what I've always done / enjoyed.

Improving my collection, then sharing numerous files / HDFs / LHAs / etc. with the Amiga community
Old 06 February 2018, 00:21   #339
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
I've been constantly adding games / getting things *perfect* for over a decade now [...]
With all the new releases and games available in EAB, maybe a "service pack" should soon be considered .
Old 06 February 2018, 00:23   #340
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
My friend, I do appreciate the effort but really you don't need to

Extraction / setup is very simple, that's the whole point... Anyone interested can asked me for the URLs and then try for themselves first hand.

I've put enough information in posts #1 & #2 to answer all related questions / queries that I can think of
No worries then. Thanks again for this awesome piece of work.