English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 28 July 2015, 09:29   #61
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaWu View Post
"At least until someone creates virtual Janus HD image."

Can I add raw hard disk image files (*.IMG)?
If yes, where?
or do i need another hard disk Format (DOS)?
Read Bridgeboard/Janus manuals. This has nothing to do with Amiga emulation, it is feature of bridgeboard software, you can have Amiga-side image file that becomes bridgeboard PC side harddrive. (Like HDF in PC side becomes Amiga harddrive)

I am not interested enough to test it.
Old 28 July 2015, 13:22   #62
AnnaWu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Read Bridgeboard/Janus manuals. This has nothing to do with Amiga emulation, it is feature of bridgeboard software, you can have Amiga-side image file that becomes bridgeboard PC side harddrive. (Like HDF in PC side becomes Amiga harddrive)

I am not interested enough to test it.
Understand, sorry for my unqualified question.
Previously I had never worked with Bridgeboards.
Old 28 July 2015, 14:11   #63
Amiga_CDTV
Mind Walker

Quote:
See posts in previous page of this thread. You are booting a PC: you need PC formatted boot disk, not Amiga formatted disks (ADF). At least until someone creates virtual Janus HD image.

You need to configure DF2: as PC Bridge drive with 40 tracks and have PC formatted 360k (DOS) boot disk. Check the zone for working MSDOS boot disk.
I know about the DOS disk, as I posted it

No, I meant that I have setup A1000 with the Sidecar. Now, I boot the Amiga with a floppy with Workbench and Sidecar required files (folder "PC" and mono/color executables). As I open PC Display window, it gives me the BIOS copyright notices, then starts counting the memory, telling bad drive A: and restarting itself. Or telling me that "No printer found" and staying there. This behaviour seems to change depending on which Workbench disk image I use, so I believe the floppy has some settings related to the PC side.

I haven't yet get it to ask a bootable DOS floppy. Do I just select the DF2 as a 40 track drive and it will work as the Sidecar's internal floppy drive? I am confused about it as the Sidecar's drive is not usually accessibly from the Amiga-side and I would have expected the Sidecar's disk drive being it's own setting in the Expansions screen.
Old 28 July 2015, 14:27   #64
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiga_CDTV View Post
This behaviour seems to change depending on which Workbench disk image I use, so I believe the floppy has some settings related to the PC side.
It shouldn't but PC drive detection is a bit weird.

Quote:
I haven't yet get it to ask a bootable DOS floppy. Do I just select the DF2 as a 40 track drive and it will work as the Sidecar's internal floppy drive? I am confused about it as the Sidecar's drive is not usually accessibly from the Amiga-side and I would have expected the Sidecar's disk drive being it's own setting in the Expansions screen.
Yes. Read changelogs: "Amiga floppy drive DF2: and DF3: can be re-configured as bridgeboard PC drives A: and B:." This was the easiest solution, did you really expect me to add new disk change GUI just for bridgeboards?
Old 28 July 2015, 22:00   #65
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaWu View Post
For a quick overview by using the GUI.
Done. Last open "page" gets saved to config file and also first time when Expansion panel is opened, first configured device (if any) is automatically opened.
Old 29 July 2015, 06:09   #66
AnnaWu

Quote:
Done. Last open "page" gets saved to config file and also first time when Expansion panel is opened, first configured device (if any) is automatically opened.
Very nice, thanks a lot. : )
Old 30 July 2015, 10:10   #67
AnnaWu

I am a bit confused.
The official Beta 5 (winuae_3200b5.7z) and the Expansion panel is working well on my WinXP.

The last snaphot version (http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.7z) show me the panel for SCSI Controllers only on WinXP.
On Windows 7 all other Controllers and Bridgeboards are visible and selectable.
Quote:
Is this version available as download or is it coming soon?
Old 30 July 2015, 15:56   #68
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Did you try redownloading? I think it was temporarily broken yesterday.
Old 30 July 2015, 19:38   #69
AnnaWu

Quote:
Did you try redownloading? I think it was temporarily broken yesterday.
Yes, and it looks now ok on WinXP.
Thanks for the nice work. : )
Old 30 July 2015, 19:51   #70
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

New feature: IDE HD support for A2286/A2386 (BIOS supported). At least FDISK and FORMAT worked

I also added XT IDE for A1060/A2086 but because originally HD support required separate ISA card, BIOS does not have any HD support, you need boot ROM from XT IDE ISA card. Anyone have one? Or boot rom XT compatible IDE board is fine too.

Yes, this is really getting out of Amiga emulation area but it only needed few extra lines of code, hooking up already existing XT IDE and IDE emulation to PC IO ports.
Old 30 July 2015, 20:23   #71
amadama

Can you use XTIDE Universal BIOS?
https://code.google.com/p/xtideunive...downloads/list
Old 30 July 2015, 20:33   #72
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amadama View Post
It is not really real XT IDE BIOS, it requires special hardware. I prefer something that was made in same era as A1060 and A2088 to guarantee compatibility
Old 30 July 2015, 21:09   #73
amadama

How about the Acculogic sIDE-1/16 8 bit IDE controller?
http://ibm-pc.org/firmware/other/acc.../acculogic.htm
Old 30 July 2015, 21:20   #74
themamboman

Two questions:

1) Any thoughts about emulating vortex 486 goldengate? (if possible)

2) Is the software shipped with the Commodore boards available online? Or maybe manuals?
Old 30 July 2015, 21:24   #75
Magic

I have a functioning XT hard card in my A1060. I can't remember the details, but it boots the A1060 to an old version ms-dos from the HD. Would this be helpful in some way? I also have an 8 bit OMTI RLL controller that I bought from Prespect Techniques back in the day with the HDA-506 (long gone). I think there is bios on that card as well. Let me know if I can help in some way.

Jeff

Quote:
New feature: IDE HD support for A2286/A2386 (BIOS supported). At least FDISK and FORMAT worked

I also added XT IDE for A1060/A2086 but because originally HD support required separate ISA card, BIOS does not have any HD support, you need boot ROM from XT IDE ISA card. Anyone have one? Or boot rom XT compatible IDE board is fine too.

Yes, this is really getting out of Amiga emulation area but it only needed few extra lines of code, hooking up already existing XT IDE and IDE emulation to PC IO ports.
Old 30 July 2015, 21:54   #76
amadama

Quote:
Originally Posted by themamboman View Post

2) Is the software shipped with the Commodore boards available online? Or maybe manuals?
The software that came with the Commodore Bridgeboards is called Janus.
You can find it in a variety of locations such as:
http://amiga.resource.cx/dir/bridge

Manuals are in that link also.
Look in this thread for the link to the A2386SX manual and more links to disk images, roms, etc...
Old 30 July 2015, 22:15   #77
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by themamboman View Post
Any thoughts about emulating vortex 486 goldengate? (if possible)
If there is technical documentation. (My crystall ball says: there is nothing at all.)

Commodore bridgeboard emulation was only possible because A500/A2000 Technical Reference manual described it very well. (Memory spaces, IO ports, special bits etc..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amadama View Post
How about the Acculogic sIDE-1/16 8 bit IDE controller?
http://ibm-pc.org/firmware/other/acc.../acculogic.htm
That isn't true XT IDE either but looks like it is yet another AT IDE ("normal ide") adapter for ancient PCs. It probably also works but I want to start with some confirmed working XT IDE card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
I have a functioning XT hard card in my A1060. I can't remember the details, but it boots the A1060 to an old version ms-dos from the HD. Would this be helpful in some way? I also have an 8 bit OMTI RLL controller that I bought from Prespect Techniques back in the day with the HDA-506 (long gone). I think there is bios on that card as well. Let me know if I can help in some way.
Image of the board (especially from jumpers if there is any) and boot rom dump will help. (There is probably some simple PC program that can be used to dump the ROM without extra hardware)
Old 31 July 2015, 11:17   #78
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

XTIDE Universal BIOS was the easiest choice after all. Support added, at least A1060 seems to work with it.

Bridgeboard HD support: Done.
Old 31 July 2015, 13:56   #79
AnnaWu

Quote:
XTIDE Universal BIOS was the easiest choice after all. Support added, at least A1060 seems to work with it.

Bridgeboard HD support: Done.
Thanks for the new Alpha snapshot. : )
I like so much the x86 Bridgeboard support.
Old 31 July 2015, 14:20   #80
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Pointless stuff is always the best. For a while. Maybe.

I "invented" yet another new pointless feature: Use existing Cirrus Logic RTG board emulation to create ISA VGA board! It should be quite simple, only some glue code needed. It would appear as a x86-only RTG board in WinUAE options.