English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.UAE Wishlist

Old 17 April 2009, 22:03   #1
paranoid
Phone Zen

Fighter Duel/Analog PC stick

This may be too useless to bother with, but the games Fighter Duel, and its sequel Fighter Duel Pro, allowed the use of analog PC joysticks via a cable you could make that plugged into the parallel port. Any chance of that being emulated in WinUAE? (I'm thinking just a flat out 'no' but if you're looking to kill some time, Toni, that might kill it...) I don't know of any other games that did such a thing.

(It's also possible it's there but I couldn't get it to work.. I tried all the different PC sticks available in the configuration of Fighter Duel Pro and both analog modes of my Playstation controller, and not a twitch in the game.)
Old 17 April 2009, 23:04   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
This may be too useless to bother with, but the games Fighter Duel, and its sequel Fighter Duel Pro, allowed the use of analog PC joysticks via a cable you could make that plugged into the parallel port. Any chance of that being emulated in WinUAE? (I'm thinking just a flat out 'no' but if you're looking to kill some time, Toni, that might kill it...) I don't know of any other games that did such a thing.

(It's also possible it's there but I couldn't get it to work.. I tried all the different PC sticks available in the configuration of Fighter Duel Pro and both analog modes of my Playstation controller, and not a twitch in the game.)
I don't see how PC analog joysticks can work in parallel port (PC or Amiga), parallel port do not have any AD converters.. (or did the adapter include AD converter?)

You sure it does not support Amiga analog joysticks? They are fully emulated already (but better get latest beta because I am quite sure you don't want to use confusing Input panel..)
Old 18 April 2009, 11:32   #3
zipper

Weren't the analog sticks used in the joystick port - several hacks are in Aminet.
Old 18 April 2009, 11:58   #4
frikilokooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipper View Post
Weren't the analog sticks used in the joystick port - several hacks are in Aminet.
Yes,I have one,and it doesn't work with digital games,only with analog games
Old 18 April 2009, 19:25   #5
zipper

Yes, I bought mine (adapter) to play some flight sims.
Old 14 May 2009, 17:47   #6
paranoid
Phone Zen

Sorry, was out of town for awhile.. I think I must have had that confused with a Parnet cable I made or something.. But I went and dug up my cable, and it is indeed the joystick port. My mistake.

Though, it's still the case that I tried all options and nothing worked correctly with my Playstation controller's analog stick. Quite possibly a misconfiguration on my part, and I was using the latest stable, not a beta. (After trying all the options, and both modes of the joypad, I figured it was just not supported by WinUAE...) And I acknowledge that it could be just my setup and/or driver etc.
Old 14 May 2009, 17:56   #7
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Analog joystick configuration is 1000x times easier in beta