English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 25 April 2022, 13:58   #1
lunarrock

[Found: Omnicron Conspiracy] Space police RPG similar to a Sierra game

Unknown name, Amiga 500 game, I've been looking for years It's not any of the first google hits.

It's a RPG I should think, reminds me of a sierra RPG, I believe it had a text parser where you type in what you want your character to do (I Think!)

Viewpoint : like Kings quest, space quest and such.

It was available in the glory days of the Amiga 500, reasonably good looking game but rose coloured glasses abound when looking back.

Further specifics : So you control a character who is some sort of space police officer who starts the game as the sole crew of space ship, there is a AI on the space ship (just a box of text comes up). You are given a mission and must fly the space ship to various locations (I think various but at least one, it is a space station). You can shoot your lazer gun and vaporize anyone like how you could pull your gun in police quest games (though you weren't supposed to), police would come and shoot you if you did that and if you were lucky you would come back to life in some sort of star trek like teleporter on your space ship, probably the AI would tell you off.

On the space station there is a elevator, but you could only go to certain levels/floors so as to let you believe the space station was quite large but you just didn't have access to all of it. You walk through corridors but most places you couldn't access of course. The bar has some sort of back room and maybe some hidden door that I could never get into.

You were investigating some grand thing but I never got very far due to being distracted by just pulling my lazer gun on a npc and blowing them away, amazed at the novelty of being able to do that when normally in these types of game you cannot (you werent supposed to).

So anyway guys I have registered here specifically to ask for help with this, I would love to find this game! I realise I may not of given enough information and so am eager for advice on google keywords so I can go through images/thumbnails even more than I already have.

I'll check back here and follow through on any advice anyone is kind enough to offer and when I find this game I will post the answer.

I was much younger then but boy was I impressed at the open looking nature of the game, I really could never get far, perhaps because it was a demo or maybe the disks were buggy, or maybe it was just me.
The game really captured my imagination and I just can't look at any old games without looking for this one, failing to find it and it really takes the shine off looking back down memory lane sometimes.

Any help much appreciated

Last edited by lunarrock; 25 April 2022 at 14:15.
Old 25 April 2022, 14:40   #2
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Hard Nova?
Old 25 April 2022, 14:41   #3
Aardvark

Maybe Omnicron Conspiracy http://hol.abime.net/2292
Old 25 April 2022, 15:08   #4
lunarrock

It was Omicron Conspiracy, thank's so much I'm very grateful/relieved!