English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.AmigaOS

Old 28 December 2022, 19:54   #1
hceline

Exclamation BUG: OS3.2.x MouseWheel handling.

This is what I observe:
In OS 3.9 BoingBag2 and 3.1.4 scrolling with MouseWheel works in ViNCEd. But the window-contents and the scroll-bar doe not move in sync. The window contents moves first, then the scroll-bar gets updated.
In OS 3.1.4.1 scrolling with MouseWheel works in ViNCEd. And the window-contents and scroll-bar move in perfect sync.
In OS 3.2 and 3.2.1 scrolling with MouseHhel does not work in ViNCEd. Only the scroll-bar moves.

According to Thomas Richter, the "not moving in sync" part is by design, and the behavior in OS 3.1.4.1 is a coincidence. But I include that info for completeness.
He is also quite adamant that the error is not with ViNCEd.

This is in WinUAE emulating a A4000/030MMU/688882 2MB Chip 64MB Fast with P96 uaegfx ZorroIII. For all tests I have used a fresh OS install on clean HD with only mmuLib and P96 installed in addition to ViNCEd.
I have tested on different WinUAE versions on two different PCs, Win7 and Win10, and with different brands of mice. I have verified the mice with test in WinUAE input-settings and with Rawkeys (http://aminet.net/package/dev/moni/Rawkeys) on the Amiga side.
I have also made and played back recording of MouseWheel input with RudeTaper (http://aminet.net/package/util/misc/RudeTaper), to verify that it behaved the same with software generated input as with the input coming directly from WinUAE, which it did.

I have also tested the MouseWheel in a bunch of random programs in OS 3.2.1, and it works everywhere it is supposed to except in ViNCEd.
So I'm sure that the error is not with my setup or WinUAE, and Thomas Richter is sure it is not with ViNCEd. Which leaves the OS.

-Hagbard Celine