English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 07 September 2011, 04:05   #1
backtoskooldaze

mediator and Spider 2.0 usb

Hi I am starting a new thread as i have got all my mediator setup with OS3.9 and pciInfo is showing my cards.
I have a spider 2.0 usb card in pc slot 3 and the spider.device in the usb hardware box in devs.
I have used MM_CD 2.1 to install the mediator and cards/drivers.

I have attached a usb mouse to the spider usb card and the red optical light shows but how do i get the mouse to work????

I did have a small cd that came with the spider usb card but have misplaced it?
I was hoping all the necassary drivers would be in the MM_CD 2.1 as it asks if i want to install usb 2.0?

Any help appreciated
Old 07 September 2011, 06:20   #2
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Download the latest spider.device here, install lastest Poseidon stack and read the docs for activating Spider 2.0.
Old 07 September 2011, 15:27   #3
backtoskooldaze

spider 2.0 usb

Cheers Bamiga2002 for your reply and help and for the links i shall do this tonight when i get in

I can't wait to get my usb mouse working
Old 07 September 2011, 18:38   #4
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Enjoy. Not sure a PCI->USB->Mouse is usable in anything other than OS legal applications (i.e. it won't work for games & WHDload)
Old 07 September 2011, 19:44   #5
backtoskooldaze

spider 2.0 usb

I am over the moon LOL I have actually for the first time since i bought the spider 2.0 card got the damn thing working

I have a little optical usb mouse now on the amiga Yippppppeeee

Please can anyone look out for my other threads on the mediator as i need to ask more questions.I am getting there with the Amiga/Mediator
Old 10 September 2011, 01:50   #6
backtoskooldaze

spider 2.0 usb

Hi Bamiga2002,I wonder if you can help again?
I had the spider 2.0 usb card working/online in trident and it also detected my usb mouse and all was great BUT i then decided to go from MM_CD2.1 and upgrade using the MediatorUP3.12 from the Elbox site and after installing and using the Medconfig the usb mouse stopped working?
So looking in trident the spider was unknown until online so when trying to get it online this is the error it reports :-

Failure/poeisdon.library/opening Devs:USB Hardware/Spider.Device Unit 0 failed/Unit failed to open (-1).

I have tried reinstalling the trident and deleting the spider.device and replacing and rebooting but still can't get trident to get the spider device working/online?

Please can you help???
Old 10 September 2011, 01:57   #7
source
Zone Friend

In trident, did you select the spider and lick online? Did you save as for the psdstackloader in trident after clicking online?
Old 10 September 2011, 03:32   #8
backtoskooldaze

spider 2.0 usb

Hi Source,I did those things you mentioned an nothing ? But what i did do in the end was reinstall MM_CD2.1 and after making sure the mouse was not connected and a reboot the spider usb went online but checking again with Mediator3.12 the spider would not go online? so back to MM_CD2.1 and all went well?? Strange
Old 10 September 2011, 12:23   #9
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Maybe Mediator3.12 package installed the older spider.device version? You should check that. You can also copy files needed manually from that package instead of the installer.
Old 11 September 2011, 19:35   #10
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Checking the insides of MediatorUP3.12 it contains older pci.library that may cause new spider.device not working (maybe).
Old 11 September 2011, 23:27   #11
esc

The spider.device in 3.12 and mmcd2.1 is old and won't work. You need the spider.device on the elbox.com/download site, it's below all the mediator files in its own section

Old 08 August 2022, 01:45   #12
back2skooldaze

@esc Im using MMCD_UP_2.6 with the latest pci.library im also using latest poseidon but that does not have usb.device so i have had to use the small cd that came with my spider 2.0 card and transfer usb.device in the devs:usbhardware. In trident under controllers i have usb.device Unit 0 online with product OHCI USB Controller and the same for usb.device Unit 1

But when inserting a mouse or usb stick i don't see anything in devices after pressing Class Scan ? I remember years back i did get the spider 2.0 card working by using the usb.device off the small cd but the poseidon version was alot older which i can't remember?? Also i have 5 ports on the card one being an internal port so i only see usb.device 0 and usb.device 1 showing as online?
Old 08 August 2022, 04:28   #13
Leon Besson
Banned

Bromigo! Holy thread resurrection Batman!

First off, is this a continuation of this thread? I already tried to help you with?

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=101395

2nd. If this is a new Elbox card and setup you are having issues with. Then contact Elbox support directly.

As already mentioned, I’ve got my USB working by doing the following;

Install Poseidon 4.5
From the USB CD follow the readme instructions about copying over the spider.device into Devs:USBHardware. Latest and current version is 3.22. Elbox no longer allow you to download this directly. You have to register your spider card and get the update (If not on the CD) via Email.
Then following the instructions you have to do 3 commands in the Amiga shell.

In other words RTFM! Mang!
Old 09 August 2022, 17:05   #14
back2skooldaze

@Leon Besson Everything is working peachy Years ago when setting up my spider usb card i used the small cd with the usb.device driver but now i have had to use the spider.device? Not sure if due to the poseidon 4? When using usb.device unit0 and unit1 went online but did not detect a mouse or keyboard let alone a usb stick. Now i have a texas instrument 4 port usb hub on the internal port on the spider card which now has 2 usb sticks a mouse and a keyboard
My card is the first spider card not the spider II.
I tried numberous times to download the spider.device from elbox and it just downloaded an agreement statement? So i contacted Elbox with all my mediator product numbers to register for uptodate future drivers especially the spider usb and they kindly sent me the spider.device Not sure why i could not download it from there site? Anyway everything was all setup correctly with my mediator including MM_CC_UP2.6 and pci.library 13.9. Now everything is working!! due to using spider.device and not usb.device? as i did used before years ago.
Since then i have installed AmigaSYS4 AGA and the update and its fantastic! Even my blizzard 040 ppc card is working great

Thanks for everyones help
Old 09 August 2022, 20:11   #15
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2skooldaze View Post
@Leon Besson Everything is working peachy Years ago when setting up my spider usb card i used the small cd with the usb.device driver but now i have had to use the spider.device? Not sure if due to the poseidon 4? When using usb.device unit0 and unit1 went online but did not detect a mouse or keyboard let alone a usb stick. Now i have a texas instrument 4 port usb hub on the internal port on the spider card which now has 2 usb sticks a mouse and a keyboard
My card is the first spider card not the spider II.
I tried numberous times to download the spider.device from elbox and it just downloaded an agreement statement? So i contacted Elbox with all my mediator product numbers to register for uptodate future drivers especially the spider usb and they kindly sent me the spider.device Not sure why i could not download it from there site? Anyway everything was all setup correctly with my mediator including MM_CC_UP2.6 and pci.library 13.9. Now everything is working!! due to using spider.device and not usb.device? as i did used before years ago.
Since then i have installed AmigaSYS4 AGA and the update and its fantastic! Even my blizzard 040 ppc card is working great

Thanks for everyones help
Good to know Bromigo!

I suspect Elbox won’t let you download spider.device is because they use “NEC” chip branded cheap USB PCI cards and flash their own variant of the ROM to detect it as a Spider card. As it is a few cunning geniuses have managed to reverse engineer the process by re flashing a cheap £5/$5 card. So Elbox must have caught on and you how have to prove you own one of their overpriced cards to get the drivers
Old 31 August 2022, 20:01   #16
back2skooldaze

Hi Leon, Elbox kindly sent me the spider.device driver So ive got my hub with 3 ports using spider and 2 ports using usb.device from the spider cd.
All working good )))