English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 25 September 2021, 17:07   #1
Jpor
Banned

Big shout out to Centuriontech.eu

Not affiliated but to give others a chance to get some nice stuff at prices sometimes cheaper like Case LEDS;

https://centuriontech.eu/product-category/amiga/

Recommend the metal Amiga motherboard backplate

Also give Pavel a shout about different coloured LEDS for case LEDs

Nice to have a choice from who to buy from
Old 11 October 2021, 15:01   #2
Matt020

It's interesting that these sort of threads pop up when a reseller has made an ass of themselves in another forum or on Facebook, as this reseller has a few months ago.

AmigaKit is another one. Someone will post that they havent got their order after 4 months, about a dozen people will chime in and say they had the same problem, then, oh look, Timmy here wishes to make a post saying how good they were at fulfilling his order.

Riiiiiiight.
Old 11 October 2021, 15:12   #3
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt020 View Post
It's interesting that these sort of threads pop up when a reseller has made an ass of themselves in another forum or on Facebook, as this reseller has a few months ago.

AmigaKit is another one. Someone will post that they havent got their order after 4 months, about a dozen people will chime in and say they had the same problem, then, oh look, Timmy here wishes to make a post saying how good they were at fulfilling his order.

Riiiiiiight.
Interesting. I’m not on any of these Facebook groups as it’s a Toxic environment at the best of times. I can concur about Amigakit and Amigastore.eu, as I’ve had a PITA experience with both and orders not turning up.
Unfortunately where I am in the U.K we had something called Brexit, where the U.K stopped being part of the E.U and a free trade partner. That meant from January this year (2021) all hell broke loose when it came to getting goods from Europe where Import duties etc came in. But unfortunately it was a complete cock up.
Also don’t forget this thing called COVID-19 as well
Luckily for me Centuriontech.eu have been great with me by getting my orders to me with fingers crossed not much issue. Your mileage may vary as they say
Old 11 October 2021, 15:35   #4
jcgeuze

Quote:

Riiiiiiight.
Exactly, these kinds of posts are fishy.

and yes Amigakit
Old 14 October 2021, 14:05   #5
Mick

I've used Centuriontech before and the seller seems helpful and responsive, don't know him personally. I've bought multiple PSU's and those rear IO panels are a great replacement for rusted shielding.
Old 14 October 2021, 15:17   #6
ItsTheSmell

I've bought 2 PSU' from them. I've got no complaints.
Old 15 October 2021, 16:24   #7
Matt020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I've used Centuriontech before and the seller seems helpful and responsive, don't know him personally. I've bought multiple PSU's and those rear IO panels are a great replacement for rusted shielding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheSmell View Post
I've bought 2 PSU' from them. I've got no complaints.
Yep. I have no doubt that this reseller has been able to fulfil orders. My point was that it seems to be commonplace that when a reseller has been made a fool of, that someone seems to make a post on how fantastic they are.

This is the case for this reseller who was made a fool of a couple of months ago on a forum, and I also use the example of AmigaKit who, in my opinion, are commonly criticised on forums and FB for poor shipping times and lack of communication, and around the same time "mystery" posts appear singing their praises.

I can't spell this out any simpler than this.
Old 15 October 2021, 17:30   #8
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
Yep. I have no doubt that this reseller has been able to fulfil orders. My point was that it seems to be commonplace that when a reseller has been made a fool of, that someone seems to make a post on how fantastic they are.

This is the case for this reseller who was made a fool of a couple of months ago on a forum, and I also use the example of AmigaKit who, in my opinion, are commonly criticised on forums and FB for poor shipping times and lack of communication, and around the same time "mystery" posts appear singing their praises.

I can't spell this out any simpler than this.
Wasn’t aware of that Matt. Any links to backup your claim? I am only pointing out I have had no issues with Pavel and have ordered a few things from him with no qualm. I live in The U.K and with issues with Brexit and getting goods over from the continent I still get them.
Agree with Amigakit, Amigastore.eu and even Retropassion that I’ve had problems with them. Can only say again that your mileage may vary.
We seem to have issues with some resellers and not all.
Old 30 October 2021, 20:49   #9
mpattonm

Quote:
...as this reseller has a few months ago.
So what was this about? I would love to lear something new of my self. Yes, I am the owner of centuriontech.eu
BTW I am not a reseller. I sell NO warez someone else makes. Hmm except for generic components, such as connectors, of course.
Old 30 October 2021, 20:56   #10
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Never ever! had a issue with AmigaKit.
Old 30 October 2021, 22:49   #11
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpattonm View Post
So what was this about? I would love to lear something new of my self. Yes, I am the owner of centuriontech.eu
BTW I am not a reseller. I sell NO warez someone else makes. Hmm except for generic components, such as connectors, of course.
I’m grateful that you are selling these great items. Wouldn’t have known about your store without watching Chris Edwards over on YouTube

Very happy with the Blue LEDs you made up for my Amiga 1200 Case.
Old 31 October 2021, 13:34   #12
Matt020

Quote:
It was the forum where you came up with the idea on how to make an A1200 accelerator better, and your reasons were debunked instantly and were told to leave it alone. Remember?
Old 31 October 2021, 13:56   #13
mpattonm

Quote:
It was the forum where you came up with the idea on how to make an A1200 accelerator better, and your reasons were debunked instantly and were told to leave it alone. Remember?
And I stand on my position. The TF1230 board is a quick and dirty hack with plenty of small annoyances and issues. I just do not care to have and argument with OP, nor with you about this subject. So I _did_ leave it alone.
Old 31 October 2021, 13:58   #14
mpattonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpor View Post
Very happy with the Blue LEDs you made up for my Amiga 1200 Case.
my pleasure
Old 31 October 2021, 14:08   #15
Matt020

Quote:
And I stand on my position. The TF1230 board is a quick and dirty hack with plenty of small annoyances and issues. I just do not care to have and argument with OP, nor with you about this subject. So I _did_ leave it alone.

No problem. But you did ask "what was this about" and I answered you. And hopefully for everyone else reading, it all falls into context.
Old 31 October 2021, 16:19   #16
mpattonm

Quote:
No problem. But you did ask "what was this about" and I answered you. And hopefully for everyone else reading, it all falls into context.
The reason I did was you identified me as "the one who made and ass out of himself on another forum or on Facebook" so I want this to be clarified as I was/am unaware of such a situation. The discussion you have pointed me then (https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/forum/vi...tart=20#p68347) makes it clear you just googled something up to support your big mouth claim when you were called up.
You have also suggested I somehow initiated the original post above to make myself look better in the eyes of audience here. Well you are wrong, you have attacked me for no reason and you have insulted me. I do not suppose you would apologize anyway. That's fine.
As you said, everyone will make their own opinion out of this.

Last edited by mpattonm; 31 October 2021 at 16:37.
Old 31 October 2021, 18:29   #17
stevelord

It seems like Matt020's original statement:

Quote:
Is open to interpretation. Mine is that mpattonm asked about modifying a TF1230 modification licence and was refused, then handled that fairly well, nothing more. This bit:

Quote:
Almost looks as though it's trying to link "making a fool of themselves" to Amigakit's order issues. The thread mpattonm linked to has no relation to the order problems people have had with Amigakit. So if it is the right thread, that's a very odd conflation of the two. Struggling to see what it was that mpattonm was supposed to have done to deserve the negative callout.
Old 31 October 2021, 22:13   #18
aeberbach

Everyone is wrong in public occasionally. Not everyone takes orders and then doesn't bother to ship, or even communicate, for months. Not everyone appropriates trade marks. There's a world of difference.

I just finished a ReAmiga A1200. It has a Centuriontech laser-cut I/O panel and that is one amazing product. I also used a GoEx to get everything up and running. Outstanding gear, shipped surprisingly quickly to Australia.
Old 31 July 2022, 10:03   #19
Daishi

No more backplates

According to the Email I received now that the A1200 backplate is out of stock no more will be made.
"As for sheet metal parts, there is no ETA as this was most likely very last stock of it"
Really wanted one as I'm building a new ReAmiga A1200.
Old 31 July 2022, 18:39   #20
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi View Post
According to the Email I received now that the A1200 backplate is out of stock no more will be made.
"As for sheet metal parts, there is no ETA as this was most likely very last stock of it"
Really wanted one as I'm building a new ReAmiga A1200.
Dang! Bromigo!

I’m after some more for my A1200 projects as well