English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 05 January 2023, 02:40   #1
Ray Norrish

Give me inspiration

I need to get some focus.
I've made some great modern remakes (if I say so myself) of Robotron 2084 and Defender (see my sig), but I've also got a bunch of half finished efforts which I need to revisit and complete.

These include: Carrier Command, I, Robot, Super Pipeline 2, Sentinel VR; amongst others. If you look at the various demos on my YouTube channel, you can see where the various games are up to and perhaps suggest which ones should be worked of further or completed. It's difficult to get the drive to move any of these projects forward, but if there's some desire to see any particular project realised, then it will help me get some drive on something to work on.
I would appreciate any support/recommendations for which project(s) to continue or even new projects to start, as I am twiddling my thumbs a bit now I 'm "retired" and need something to do

Last edited by Ray Norrish; 05 January 2023 at 02:49.
Old 05 January 2023, 03:07   #2
DisasterIncarna

of the games i see listed i prefer the battlezone game, looks awesome, just i can see inevitable mouse related ban-hammer issues with that one for obvious reasons. Carrier command looks like a good remake, tho i always sucked at games like that and aircraft sims. My own personal wishlist for a game remake would be for Deuteros from Ian Bird, still play that game a lot today, love it, and never really liked more modern games in that genre like homeworld/outpost/etc.
Old 05 January 2023, 03:13   #3
Ray Norrish

Well, I wasn't gonna release any games commercially so the tron themed battlezone would still be fine. I always wanted to do a tron themed game anyway, after making a frame-by-frame rerender of the lightcycle scene 20 years ago with my son in it. Took hours to render a 3 second clip, but nowadays I could do the same thing realtime(!)
Not familiar with Deuteros though.
Old 05 January 2023, 05:27   #4
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Norrish View Post
Well, I wasn't gonna release any games commercially so the tron themed battlezone would still be fine. I always wanted to do a tron themed game anyway, after making a frame-by-frame rerender of the lightcycle scene 20 years ago with my son in it. Took hours to render a 3 second clip, but nowadays I could do the same thing realtime(!)
Not familiar with Deuteros though.
[ Show youtube player ]

2 very good games, tho i prefer Deuteros because of its automation.
Old 08 January 2023, 11:50   #5
kremiso

i presume simulation oriented?

agree with DisasterIncarna about Deuteros (or also Millennium2.2)

that Project Zombonoid engine seems also perfect for some Syndicate or Megalomania style games
personally tastes talking, not much the first, but i would like to see a new Megalomania chapter isometric attempt

Last edited by kremiso; 08 January 2023 at 11:58.
Old 17 January 2023, 02:33   #6
Ray Norrish

I wasn't just thinking sim oriented. I have some half made remakes on the go on my channel which are in limbo, so just wanted to see if there was any interest in any of them for further progress.
The zomboid thing was actually zomboid itself which I put up for someone to see a scenario
I dunno.. winter time, I tend to do some dev on something or other, but it helps sometimes if there's something people want you to focus on or you just end up with 1000 tech demos of different things.
Even worse now I'm retired and needing to do "something" other than fester away.

Never remembered the Deuteros games from the day - looked at some vids but doesn't give me any "feels" - probably because I didn't see it back then.
Old 17 January 2023, 16:52   #7
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Carrier Command seems like a monumental task. Probably not that one. Plus they tried to revive the IP again so it's probably not entirely safe to do so.