English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. C/C++

Old 08 April 2020, 02:55   #1
Pharaun Mizzrym

Trying to get ACE showcase examples to work

I have been able to compile Bebbo's amiga-gcc (https://github.com/bebbo/amiga-gcc) with Cygwin, then compiled ACE (https://github.com/AmigaPorts/ACE) and finally was going through the ACE tutorials.

But when I try to run the Viewports example, all I get is a grey screen and I am unable to ESC out of the program.

My OS is Windows 10 and I am running the examples in WinUAE v4.3.0, with a 020 CPU, 24-bit addressing, No FPU, Full ECS, NTSC, KS 3.1, 1MB Chip, 1MB Slow, 2MB Z2 Fast.

The game.log stop just after the view is loaded and does not run the game loop.

Has anybody use ACE and encountered this issue? Is there some info on how to setup debugging using WinUAE?

Any .. pointers.. are appreciated!

Thanks,

Bryan
Old 08 April 2020, 03:04   #2
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

It bangs hardware so check PAL mode if your monitor supports it. The author is Polish, I think, so American scan rates may not be implemented yet.

Last edited by Samurai_Crow; 08 April 2020 at 05:04.
Old 08 April 2020, 08:51   #3
KaiN

Hi, I'm an ACE author.

Yeah, now I checked and I see that's a NTSC problem. I'll try to work around it. In the meantime you'll have to switch to PAL or try to hack a solution for yourself.

On the side note, I rarely read these forums and I've looked here so quickly because a little bird told me you have a problem here. So if you want quick replies, don't hesitate to create an issue on project page - no matter how trivial/silly/whatever the matter is. It's just better for me as a project maintainer to respond to ppl in one place. I've created one for you: https://github.com/AmigaPorts/ACE/issues/112
Old 08 April 2020, 16:48   #4
Pharaun Mizzrym

Thank-you Samurai_Crow and KaiN for your replies!

I changed my WinUAE to PAL and was able to run both the showcase and viewport tutorial examples!

I have also subscribed to the thread you created on ACE's github page KaiN and will make sure to create new issues about ACE on your project page.