English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 14 May 2014, 23:53   #541
bcripon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
@bcripon Yes, it runs here. But while testing more thoroughly, I noticed that icons/lsuipresentationmode/app title of FS-UAE.app itself wasn't working properly. Turns out an extra < character had gotten itself into Info.plist making it invalid. This may or may not be relevant to your issue.
Frode,

That was the problem. 2.5.5 dev 2 runs on my system now.

Bob C
Old 14 May 2014, 23:54   #542
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@bcripon excellent, thanks for reporting and testing
Old 15 May 2014, 00:00   #543
jbl007

2.5.5dev always segfaults when quiting, it seems, there's nothing interesting in the logfile. I cant provide more information, sorry.

I did some more testing. The overall fastest-possible-speed of 2.5.x is very bad (with and without JIT). It's about half the speed of 2.4.1. It's not only about benchmarks, you can see/feel it if you use a full featured workbench.
Can someone confirm this?
Old 15 May 2014, 07:28   #544
kkgarbod
The Human/Gray Hybrid

Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl007 View Post
2.5.5dev always segfaults when quiting, it seems, there's nothing interesting in the logfile. I cant provide more information, sorry.
Doesn't segfault here :P but did find that when using fs-arcade it minimize the game screen when you start a game leaving you with a blackscreen that one needs to alt-tab outof.

EDIT: (url to fs-uae-arcade.log.txt.exe removed) logfile

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 15 May 2014 at 11:12. Reason: Removed link to exe file (possible malware via sharing site)
Old 15 May 2014, 10:21   #545
thommys
Zone Friend

JIT is working again with new PKGBUILD. Thanks.
Old 15 May 2014, 10:52   #546
jbl007

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkgarbod View Post
EDIT: (url to fs-uae-arcade.log.txt.exe removed) logfile
fs-uae-arcade.log.txt.exe - 315kb
Do you want to share malware with us!?

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 15 May 2014 at 11:12.
Old 15 May 2014, 11:15   #547
kkgarbod
The Human/Gray Hybrid

Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl007 View Post
fs-uae-arcade.log.txt.exe - 315kb
Do you want to share malware with us!?
It's their downloader. You should deselect " use our downloader" ( I'm on me phone and the forum and it. Doesn't work together)

Last edited by kkgarbod; 12 January 2020 at 09:09.
Old 16 May 2014, 21:03   #548
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesplease View Post
-Is it technically possible to mix the signals from mouse and joystick together into port0?
I'm quoting a relatively old post here, but this is now possible as of FS-UAE 2.5.5dev. You can now re-run your test case

It works like this: When joystick port 0 is initially set to joystick mode, the host mouse will also be mapped to this port at the same time. Mouse clicks are easy, since that's the same as joystick button presses as far as the Amiga is concerned. When you move the mouse (more than at a minimal speed (*)), then internally the port mode is set to mouse. When you use joystick up/down/left/right again, the internal mode is set to joystick. Amiga joystick/mouse button usage does not trigger any internal switching.

Earlier "auto-switch" was not transparent (you needed to press buttons to switch, you couldn't just move the mouse for example). This time I've attempted to make it more transparent.

A very good use case for this feature is to be able to set joystick_port_0_mode = joystick for online database games which supports a 2nd joystick, without needing to consider cracktros/trainers.

(*) We probably need an option to turn the feature off. After all, an "accidental" push to the mouse could destroy the Street Fighter combo for the 2nd player...

Please give it a try
Old 17 May 2014, 11:48   #549
yesplease

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Please give it a try
I really like to test this I am currently quite busy will need some days..
Old 17 May 2014, 11:54   #550
MrGimper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcripon View Post
Frode,

That was the problem. 2.5.5 dev 2 runs on my system now.

Bob C
Just to confirm this wasn't an isolated incident... 2.5.5dev failed to run for me with the app hanging, but 2.5.5dev2 works fine.

G
Old 20 May 2014, 23:00   #551
yesplease

Hi Frode,

successfully tested the front joystick port [oldschool Amiga 1000 wording ] multiplexing the mouse and joystick the same time.

Testcase for today was marble madness. With the amiga mouse the game lets you configure the joystick into the front port to control the red marble. Rear port is the blue marble. This had to be done with the mouse and then after that on a real amiga the physical mouse had to be plugged off and the joystick had to be plugged in. There is only this way for two player game each controlling with a joystick. On very old FS-UAE versions you had to deal with the onscreen menus of FS-UAE to swap the mouse for the joystick. Not so good.

Then came autoswitch by button better but ..

The new version instead is brilliant, no need for swap or on screen menus, no need for extra click, it just does the swap automatically by using it. Your solution now is also much better than the old auto switch solution before wich ONLY reacted on the button click.

Great stuff !!

[EDIT]
Why did you decide that Amiga joystick/mouse button usage does not trigger any internal switching ? I don't see a reason why it shouldn't.

Last edited by yesplease; 20 May 2014 at 23:34.
Old 20 May 2014, 23:11   #552
yesplease

I discovered scrambled flickering screen since 2.5.x series when ADF started in fullscreen from launcher in OSX 10.9.3

It does happen right after start of fs-uae from the fs-uae-launcher and stays for about 2 seconds. It does not happen in fs-arcade. It does not happen when started in window mode. I retested the v2.4.0. It does not happen on 2.4.x series launcher in fullscreen.

It looks like the memory for the bitplane that was not cleared or the pointer of the bitplane points somewhere into memory of the host OS.

Its exactly the time when it should fade from black to light gray. When light gray becomes white (about 3 seconds after start) the scrambled screen becomes cleared.

Anyone else sees this? Anyway its only cosmetic though, after start phase every things seems quite normal.
Old 25 May 2014, 13:08   #553
tavsanoglu

For me, when I start up with 2.5.5 dev 2, the "Launching fs-uae" requester doesn't go away, and stays on top of the emulator window, making it unusable... Previous versions did not.

Old 28 May 2014, 17:47   #554
MrGimper

Loving FS-UAE still

I have a few questions that may be existing features (that i've not discovered) or maybe requests for new features:

Launcher

There's a drop down on the right that shows "all games and configurations" ... is it possible to add a "Configurations Only" and "Games Only" option to this to filter the list just to configurations and games?

Emulation
Is it possible to load any ADF into a drive whilst the emulator is running, or MUST it be part of the swap list. I hate not being able to just load any ADF as I normally forget to add it to the list. If this isn't already there, could it be added? If not, can you add a feature to automatically dynamically populate the swap list with all ADFs in a folder and subfolders (like a tick box or something)
Old 28 May 2014, 19:16   #555
MrGimper

Is the HDF Creator broken on the 2.5.5dev2 on Mac OS X. No matter what I select it will not create a hard file.
Old 28 May 2014, 23:18   #556
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
same for me ADF/HDF under Linux
Old 29 May 2014, 00:09   #557
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

This seems to work really great and every game I have tried just 'works'.
I cannot seem to get my xbox 360 controller to work on my windows 7 laptop though.
Old 29 May 2014, 12:28   #558
Ariath

Would be possible to assign the emulator pause function to the gamepad Start button?

See ya!

P.D: Umm... i have a "little" problem: I have downloaded Archipelagos WHDLoad version from whddownload, but Launcher doesn't recognizes it (it says "Some required files are missing"). So, i tried creating a new config based in the original one (to keep cover, screenshots, etc.) but using my Archipelagos.zip instead.

The surprises comes when i check my new custom config... and it is empty! :S .

The steps i followed were:

1. Selected the Archipelagos database entry, and the WHDLoad variant.
2. Switched to the harddrives tab, and replaced the default WHDLoad in DH0 with mine.
3. Renamed my config as Archipelagos and clicked the Save configuration button.

My version is 2.5.4-dev.

UPDATED: Ok, i have run Scan files and configurations, and my WHDLoad is now recognized, my mistake >_< .

Last edited by Ariath; 29 May 2014 at 21:14.
Old 29 May 2014, 23:09   #559
MrGimper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesplease View Post
I discovered scrambled flickering screen since 2.5.x series when ADF started in fullscreen from launcher in OSX 10.9.3

It does happen right after start of fs-uae from the fs-uae-launcher and stays for about 2 seconds. It does not happen in fs-arcade. It does not happen when started in window mode. I retested the v2.4.0. It does not happen on 2.4.x series launcher in fullscreen.

It looks like the memory for the bitplane that was not cleared or the pointer of the bitplane points somewhere into memory of the host OS.

Its exactly the time when it should fade from black to light gray. When light gray becomes white (about 3 seconds after start) the scrambled screen becomes cleared.

Anyone else sees this? Anyway its only cosmetic though, after start phase every things seems quite normal.
Yep I get this too. The screen flickers and I can make out bit of my desktop, or bits of stuff that was on screen minutes before. It's like its displaying random bits of screen memory.
Old 05 June 2014, 17:51   #560
R-TEAM

Hi,

no joystick is working anymore in 2.5.5dev2 - in 2.4.ö1 it works 1a.
Win 7 64bit Pro - orginal amiga pro joystick over usb high clock adapter.

Regards
R-TEAM