English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 15 December 2018, 11:59   #41
kolla
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
Excellent, works great, UHC tools now work with my local (IPv6 only) aminet mirror via the proxy
Old 15 December 2018, 13:14   #42
patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolla View Post
Excellent, works great, UHC tools now work with my local (IPv6 only) aminet mirror via the proxy
Great to hear and thanks for testing! I have pushed a new version of UHC Tools now with this version of aget.
Old 15 December 2018, 14:33   #43
kolla
Banned

Yay, I am also adjusting my amiga guide aminet frontend script to use UHC variables and search engine

I had this nutty idea of aget as a generic download «daemon», running in the background, with arexx port... hm
Old 15 December 2018, 16:43   #44
patrik

Quote:
Yay, I am also adjusting my amiga guide aminet frontend script to use UHC variables and search engine
Is this amiga guide frontend available for test somewhere?

Quote:
I had this nutty idea of aget as a generic download «daemon», running in the background, with arexx port... hm
Forgive me for my lack of greater arexx experience. How would the interface for such a port look? A simple example to illustrate how to use it would be great.

To keep asking further - what current problem(s) would be easier to solve/implement if this download daemon was available and what software would be able to make good use of it?

(edit):
Forgot to say that from a performance perspective, it would not be a big difference running it as a daemon as the aget executable is quite small (<13kB). Most of the UHC Tools shell commands are PURE and can be residented, however aget currently is not. This could be addressed if startup time still is a concern.

Last edited by patrik; 15 December 2018 at 16:55.
Old 20 December 2018, 21:45   #45
kolla
Banned

Quote:
Is this amiga guide frontend available for test somewhere?
I put it on gitlab.com this morning...

https://gitlab.com/kowoba/amiga-scripts

it is not "pure amiga" though, it uses rsh to linux system (all my Amiga systems has Raspberry Pi zeros attached as gateways/proxies etc).

Quote:
Forgive me for my lack of greater arexx experience. How would the interface for such a port look? A simple example to illustrate how to use it would be great.

To keep asking further - what current problem(s) would be easier to solve/implement if this download daemon was available and what software would be able to make good use of it?
An arexx port for aget could be used to ask it for the status of a download, progress etc. so one could make progress bars in DOpus etc.
Old 26 December 2018, 19:30   #46
patrik

Where can the aminet2guide command be found?
Old 01 April 2019, 16:52   #47
kolla
Banned

So we just changed from CET to CEST... and two questions pop up:
* sntp doesn't recognize CEST
* it wants TZONE to be UTC-2, but... surely it is UTC+2??
Old 01 April 2019, 21:40   #48
patrik

I based the TZONE env variable handling on the specification in the SetDST documentation.

For TZONE, + is west of UTC and - is east and you first specify your timezone name with offset followed by optional daylight saving zone name and offset.

For example, here in Sweden SetDST would now set TZONE to "CET-1CEST". CET is the timezone, -1 its offset (1h east) from UTC and CEST the name of the daylight saving zone. If no offset is specified for the daylight saving, it defaults to -1, so combined the total offset becomes -2 hours.

Before the shift this Saturday->Sunday, TZONE was just "CET-1" - no daylight saving zone.

Btw, sntp doesn't care about the names of the time zone or daylight saving zone name, it only cares about whether they are present or not and the offsets.
Old 02 April 2019, 17:32   #49
kolla
Banned

Ah, yes, I see. When used together with SetDST everything works just dandy. I had forgotten about SetDST and was attempting to set TZONE based on output from unix "date +%z". Thanks!
Old 06 January 2020, 16:52   #50
patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Yes, my firewall generally only allows outgoing traffic on ports 80 and 443 so I checked its log and can see that it rejected a package going towards driar.se port 13532 so that is probably why it is not accessible. Is this the port that is always used to query the db?
We have updated the search part of UHC Tools (UHCSearch) to communicate using HTTP instead to make it firewall friendly and avoid issues like this.

It also supports HTTP proxy now by setting the ENV-variable http_proxy.

Just run the uhcupdate command to update to this new version.
Old 06 March 2020, 05:17   #51
JDGJr

I just installed the UHC Tools and I look forward to exploring more, but so far I've been concentrating on the Synergy functionality. From their latest server running on a Win10 machine, I notice that the \| key is not passed to the client. Do you know if this is in the server or the client?
Old 06 March 2020, 08:22   #52
patrik

If you run SynergyClient with LOGLEVEL=4, you can see which raw synergy server keycode is sent (buttonKey - differs between linux, windows, mac) and which raw amiga keycode it is translated to (amigaKey).

Which keymap are you running on the Amiga?

I have received reports of this issue with the "usa2" keymap.

The issue has a few parts:
- To begin with the pc keyboards are missing the key to the left of the backspace key - the |\ key.
- The key marked with |\ on an american keyboard sends the same raw synergy keycode as the key that in european or british keyboards is positioned to the bottom left of the two-row-enter key. On european or british keyboards, this key is used on the Amiga for other characters, but as I understand it, there is actually a blank key here on the american Amiga keyboards.
- Depending on keymap on the Amiga, this missing key is not a problem as |\ can be generated from another key using modifiers - for example with the "s" keymap, it can be generated with the <> key by using alt and alt+shift.

If my memory serves me correct, the user which reported this issue solved it by creating a variant of the usa keymap which gives |\ from presses on the blind key.
Old 06 March 2020, 08:26   #53
Amiga68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGJr View Post
I just installed the UHC Tools and I look forward to exploring more, but so far I've been concentrating on the Synergy functionality. From their latest server running on a Win10 machine, I notice that the \| key is not passed to the client. Do you know if this is in the server or the client?
Hi,

I had the same issue here, problem is on the client side. Not sure what type of Amiga you are using, but here the keyboard of my 1200 has a 'small' enter key, i.e. there is a blank key to the left of the enter key.
The Synergy server uses a keyboard that has the |\ key exactly at the place where the blank key is on the 1200.

Attached you will find my 'hacked' usa4 keymap I'm currently using. This will work for you too, if the following criteria are met:
- On the Amiga you also have the blank key next to the enter
- This blank key on the keyboard of the Synergy server represents the |\

If you want to tinker with this yourself, there are two things important:
- Use KME, available on Aminet
- Use 'usa0' that can be found on a OS2.05 disk

Good luck, and let me know if you have any issues ;-)

*EDIT, doh, Patrik was quicker than me. So both posts should help out in getting this solved
Attached Files
File Type: lha usa4.lha (1.0 KB, 157 views)
Old 06 March 2020, 23:47   #54
JDGJr

usa4 keymap is perfect. thank you
Old 08 June 2020, 22:08   #55
apex

I love the UHC Tools, worth to be installed on every Amiga with network.
For this reason a new official mirror was added a while ago: http://uhc.a1k.org

Made my own UHC shell showing the for me important commands at the beginning.
Great fun and work improvement for updating and testing new WHDLosd slaves.
Old 02 July 2020, 20:47   #56
nogginthenog
Amigan

Quote:
The plan is to open source it.
Was the source for the synergy 68k client ever released?

Last edited by nogginthenog; 02 July 2020 at 20:48. Reason: Clarification
Old 08 July 2020, 11:44   #57
patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogginthenog View Post
Was the source for the synergy 68k client ever released?
No, have not come around to that.

Btw, it is not 68k-only, but is built for and runs on 68k AmigaOS 2.04+, MorphOS, PPC AmigaOS4+ and AROS i386.

The 68k AmigaOS 2.04+ binary does of course work on both MorphOS and PPC AmigaOS4, but PPC binaries of it are built for those platforms.
Old 19 October 2020, 11:03   #58
Vojo

Some files cannot be downloaded, possibly due to reserved characters in the name (##), can there be some fixes?

PS. Great job, thanks for UHCTools!

Old 24 October 2020, 11:27   #59
patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vojo View Post
Some files cannot be downloaded, possibly due to reserved characters in the name (##), can there be some fixes?

PS. Great job, thanks for UHCTools!

You are indeed correct, we were not escaping all characters which needs to be escaped.

Please set the ENV UHC/SEARCHURL to "uhc.megaburken.net/uhcsearch" (without quotes) and give it a try.

Btw, the '#' characters the filenames in your modlandsearch example can be somewhat problematic for many commands, utilities etc.
Old 30 October 2020, 16:53   #60
Vojo

It is already working great!

Patrik, thanks for your quick fix!