English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 23 March 2021, 23:19   #1
tzd

[SOLVED] Input no longer work in PUAE (Retroarch), config issue?

EDIT: I have managed to fix the issue. By changing the input-controller 1 from "gamepad with analog" to just "Gamepad" the keyboard and all other buttons started to work again.

Hi,

I've recently installed PUAE in Retroarch and got my old amiga games working. I then tried using the WHDload equivalent versions and if my mind doesn't play tricks on me now then I believe it worked well. However, I recently noticed the virtual keyboard and other keys assigned on my gamepad no longer works. Nothing happens when I press the buttons, though all the buttons work in Retroarchs main menu.

I have tried reinstalling the PUAE core without any luck. I have also added additional kickrom versions in case that would have an impact?
Is there anything I can troubleshoot or configure in order to get this essential functionality back?

As a fellow Amiga nostalgic I am a bit desperate as I've also failed to find anything related on Google. I have tried asking this question on a few occassions in Retroarchs Discord channel without receiving an answer. I hope this might be the right forum? If not, would you be able to point me in the right direction please?

Thank you!!

My setup

Software
Retroarch 1.9.0;
Latest version of PUAE core

Hardware
Android box with ARMv8
8BitDo SN30 Pro+gamepad

Last edited by tzd; 24 March 2021 at 12:56. Reason: Resolved issue