English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 17 April 2012, 21:39   #1
Jacobson

infinite money in ishar 2

Hi,

I tried to use the WINUAE debugger to find some values in this game. I had no problems to find the health's values or ammunitions but when I search with command C or s, that doesn't work for money. So can we cheat for all values with the WINUAE debugger ? If it's possible, how should I do to change the money value ? Thank for your answer

Old 17 April 2012, 21:53   #2
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

>So can we cheat for all values with the WINUAE debugger?

Yes.

>If it's possible, how should I do to change the money value?

It's probably in a different format compared to the health and ammo values (eg. might be binary coded decimal, etc.). Unfortunately I haven't looked yet at this game so can't say for sure.
Old 17 April 2012, 22:13   #3
Jacobson

Arf, thanks. I forgot to say that I tried with both decimal and hexadecimal searches, but nothing. So can't I find and change that ?

Old 18 April 2012, 14:03   #4
Jacobson

I finally managed to find all codes what I need. But it stills a problem. I can't freeze the watchpoint position of my adresses. For exemples, with the health bar, I wrote:

w 0 0005C7D5 1 F 32 ----> Unfortunately, that doesn't work. The health bar moves despite the freeze tool. How should I to do ? I'm sorry for my bad english, I'm french

Thanks for your answers

Old 19 April 2012, 08:24   #5
Jacobson

Hi,

I think that my last post wasn't very clear. So I'll try to explain better my problem. I found the cheat addresses what I needed in the game Ishar 2 AGA Version (and WHDLOAD too).

For exemple, for the vitality, the address is 0005C7D5 (I suppose that there's only ONE address for each values like energy, lives, etc, right ?). When I use the W command, I can change the value with what I want. I took a reference of 50 (32 in hexadecimal).

Now I'd like to use this new value to freeze this address in order to my vitality bar stays at maximum. If I'm not mistaken, it's the goal of watchpoints.

But when I use the w command, the debugger types:
Memwatch breakpoints enabled
0: 0005C7D5 - 0005C7D5 (1) RW F =32.b

And that's all. Nothing is taken into account. So my question is why ? And how should I doo to solve this problem ? HEEEEEELP please

Thank you

Old 19 April 2012, 12:32   #6
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

A watchpoint doesn't "freeze" an address (stop it from changing), it just tells you when the CPU writes to (or reads from, in some cases) that address.

I don't have any experience using the WinUAE debugger. But from a general standpoint, the procedure for what you are trying to do should be:

1. Find the address containing the value in question, eg. vitality (you have already done this).
2. Set a watchpoint on that address.
3. Continue running the game (with "go" command or similar) until the value in question is changed (eg. until you take damage).
4. Now you should be returned automatically to the debugger. The current instruction displayed will be the one that is decrementing your vitality.
5. Now replace the bytes of that instruction with NOPs.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 as necessary until you have found all instructions that reduce your vitality.
7. Save a snapshot for later use.
Old 19 April 2012, 12:42   #7
Jacobson

Thanks. I finally managed my operations with Artmoney. I can now freeze all addresses that I need. I haven't understood how the software do but it works .

Old 19 April 2012, 12:42   #8
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobson View Post
Memwatch breakpoints enabled
0: 0005C7D5 - 0005C7D5 (1) RW F =32.b
Looks correct, I guess freeze watchpoints may be broken again, they may also have some strange "features".. (Which version?)

Try also "w 0 0005C7D4 2 F 32.w" (if it is word sized address = 5C7D4.B contains zero)