English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 03 June 2015, 05:50   #1
source
Zone Friend

Dumb Question but need help with printers

I have found a couple printers (I will be adding to the list of printers that are working with the amiga) I have turboprint installed but I have not been able to get the printers to work properly (they will only print in black and white), however, if I set up pagestream to print to PAR: instead of PS: they work quite well and in color. Final Writer works well too. The question I have is 1 - Can Turboprint be set up to pass directly from pagetream to the printer without having ghostscript interpretation? 2 - is there a way to set up PAR: to use usbparallel.device unit ? instead of the regular parallel port? Your help would be greatly appreaciated.
Thanks
Old 03 June 2015, 14:37   #2
Daedalus

I'm pretty sure Turboprint has a pass-through mode which allows that operation, but are you sure you have the right driver selected in Turboprint? Its colour printing should be excellent...

If you can get that working, Turboprint definitely has a setting for choosing a separate port driver where you can select usbparallel.device which would solve your problem. Other than that, does the CMD utility in Workbench do something like that? Possibly worth checking out...
Old 04 June 2015, 06:21   #3
source
Zone Friend

There is no specific driver for The laserjet 200 multifunction nor the new inkjet I just purchased. I have installed a number of different printer drivers for HP printers for Turboprint. I can't seem to get any of them to print properly. I could only get them to print in black and white. I could not seem to get the printers to print in color. If you have a suggestion as to which driver that would be great. Now when I print postscript from pagestream or FinalWriter and print to PAR: both printers work great. I was doing this through WinUAE. Now I am wanting to print from a real amiga through USB but PAR: from what I understand routes to the parallel port. I am needing to send it to usbparallel.device. Through turboprint I have had it route to a usb port on a real amiga but the turboprint drivers worked with the other printers. I will have to look into how to use the pass through on Turboprint. Thanks for your reply.