Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 20 June 2004, 15:06   #1
Souleh

Question Robocop 3D

Hi, Ive just downloaded robocop 3d disks. They are titled-
140Robocop3_1-3.DMS
140Robocop3_2-3.DMS
140Robocop3_3-3.DMS

Got them from a site in the FAQ list for where to download game roms.

Im using winuaex, the xbox port of winuae. The game loads up fine, but it comes to a kind of copy protection screen asking for codes from what seems to be directions to certain parts of a code book? Page / line etc etc.

Im assuming as this game was released and is up on rom sites this is cracked and maybe requires just the same code everytime, or maybe there is somewhere I can aquire the codes I need to punch in?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 20 June 2004, 15:24   #2
BenniP
?

In every cracked game I tried you could enter what ever you want.

But I could be wrong
Old 20 June 2004, 15:25   #3
oldpx

There's 99% possibility that it's cracked and you can skip it by typing anything or pressing some key but if it's not, try www.planetemu.net for cracked versions.

Which site is that which hosts uncracked versions?

Old 20 June 2004, 15:37   #4
Souleh

Hi, thanks for the uber fast reply ?!? Never seen that sort of reply speed on ANY forum V Nice.

I downloaded this from Amiga Nostalgia from there filesystem? I have tried bringing up the keyboard within WinuaeX and tapping in numbers (it wants 3 numbers) and it says incorrect code all the time.
Ill take alook for another version.

Thanks.

Old 20 June 2004, 15:41   #5
Souleh

Ok, Im looking on that site you pointed me too, but Im alittle confused as to which disks I should download.

There are many version of the same disks with things like a simple

[a] or an [a2] and [t +6 LGD]

What do they mean and should I just get each plain version of each disk?

Old 20 June 2004, 15:50   #6
BenniP
?

Hmm tried it by myself. After 3 tries my amiga freezes.

[t +x yy] means it has a trainer, the +x is how many options it has. yy is the autor.

[a] is alternative disk (could be wrong)
[ax] counting the avaible alternative disks

tosec.org is down, or at least the faq is unavaible, so I don't know the exact meaning.
Old 20 June 2004, 15:51   #7
oldpx

[a] alternative
[a2] alternative 2
[t +6 LGD] trained by LGD, trainer has 6 functions

This is tosec naming convention. Search for "tosec" on this forum for more information

Old 20 June 2004, 15:51   #8
Souleh

Mine seemed to just reload the game, or at leats the little red icon of the creators came up, and I reset my xbox.

Hate being new at stuff. Im having all sorts of problems getting different games to load. It came from the desert being one. Some error - Unable to load dshell: Error code 103

I just remember a friend putting a 3d robocop on his A500 like over 10 years ago and were all drooling over it. Thats what made me bug my parents for an A1200. Got that sucker somewhere in the loft still But never got hold of the actual game or played it again

Old 20 June 2004, 15:55   #9
Souleh

Off that site, I downloaded disk 1 and went to get disk 2, but it gives me a message in the download window and a countdown from 300. I dont understand the language and copy paste is dead so I cant translate, is this some kind of delay between downloading files from the site?

Old 20 June 2004, 19:43   #10
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Yes, its to stop leechers tying up bandwith by leeching 10gb's of data.

Do a search for the Fairlight version of Robocop 3, there are two. The first one was the dongle protected version cracked by Gaston, the second version is as you describe it with code entry cracked by some lamer called Galahad.

The cracktro at the beginning of the game will tell you which version. For compatibilites sake, go for the Galahad version as it doesn't have anywhere near the encryption that the first one did, which is why its a little flakey under emulation.
Old 20 June 2004, 20:09   #11
BenniP
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT
Do a search for the Fairlight version of Robocop 3, there are two. The first one was the dongle protected version cracked by Gaston, the second version is as you describe it with code entry cracked by some lamer called Galahad.

Nice one.
Old 20 June 2004, 20:19   #12
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Games using encryption in protection code need "more compatible" CPU option enabled. (or cycle-exact)
Old 20 June 2004, 20:59   #13
Souleh

Heh You actually cracked it? Sweet. I remember seeing all the fairlight trainers at the begining of games all those years ago. Nice to see someone still alive and kickin :P

I use WinUAEX for xbox. There are several CPU settings, I basicaly use 68000 for A500 and 68020 for everything else, which setting is that which you talk about?

Thanks.