English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite GAMING system, or which would you have liked to own?
Amstrad CPC (All) 11 8.27%
Commodore 64/128 51 38.35%
Commodore VIC-20 1 0.75%
IBM PC/Compatible 6 4.51%
Nintendo Gameboy 2 1.50%
Nintendo SNES 11 8.27%
Sega Megadrive/Genesis 5 3.76%
Sega Dreamcast 10 7.52%
Sinclair ZX Spectrum (All) 17 12.78%
Sony Playstation 19 14.29%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20 September 2007, 19:11   #41
StarEye
Zone Friend

Yes, because the information your find on that page is not biased at all.

Seriously, Sony is like any other billion-dollar-company. Nintendo aren't exactly teacher's favourite either.

The worst thing a big company can do for their image is to get insanely popular. There are companies worse than Sony out there.
Old 20 September 2007, 20:09   #42
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye View Post
Yes, because the information your find on that page is not biased at all.

Seriously, Sony is like any other billion-dollar-company. Nintendo aren't exactly teacher's favourite either.

The worst thing a big company can do for their image is to get insanely popular. There are companies worse than Sony out there.

indeed, but the industry brings such reliefe to most 14year old's.... banning that... well.... what would the world become

yes in all truth there are worse, and there are a lot more shady business out there, and OBVIOUSLY lik-sang would be bias in its write up, alas its all about money... and some business no matter "how popular" are just money grabbing b*stards but thats more a personal observation that and overall fact.
Old 21 September 2007, 01:07   #43
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

this is all true, but people -love- to turn a blind eye to those companies that make their favourite system.... atm it seems nintendo are getting all the love, and sony are getting hated on.

oh well, i'll be happy to stay in the minority there, since the ps1 was great and the ps2 still kept me entertained, and my hacked psp means i can trial all the new games that fail to entertain me and be worth the stupid amount of money they want me to pay for games.

sod paying the ridiculous ps3 prices though, even if it does wee on the wii for specs, and lack of 100%-novelty-appeal.
Old 21 September 2007, 10:26   #44
StarEye
Zone Friend

Yeah, I just don't see the point in hating a company. They've never done anything to harm me - so I have no reason to hate them. I can say I'm not always agreeing with their marketing decision, and way to run things, but then I'm not a bigshot executive either.

If anything, Sony's done a lot more good to me than bad. I've been satisfied with just about every Sony product I've ever bought, and they've held very high quality. My DM, Discman, PS1, PSOne, PS2, PSTwo, PS3, all of my three Sony tvs, etc. I stick to Sony when it comes to electrical appliances, mostly.
Old 21 September 2007, 10:35   #45
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

i dont want to say it out too loud...

Slobbering Sony FanBoi!

*ahem.... i have a PS1, PSOne, PS2 maybe another PS2....... might some other sony stuff.... i dont wanna talk about it....

LOL
Old 22 September 2007, 21:05   #46
woody.cool

Floppy disk

I had an Amstrad CPC 6128 as a kid and I've always had a soft spot for it. But my second favourite gaming machine isn't listed.

It's pretty obvious that the Amiga is my all time fav, but there was no mention of the Commodore 16 - my first ever computer I owned.
Old 23 September 2007, 10:56   #47
StarEye
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
i dont want to say it out too loud...

Slobbering Sony FanBoi!

*ahem.... i have a PS1, PSOne, PS2 maybe another PS2....... might some other sony stuff.... i dont wanna talk about it....

LOL
Hehe, I admit, I'm a bit of a Sony fan, but not a fanboy. But you could say that I have a bit sony-bias, but that's only because of my personal experience with Sony products - which I think is quite normal.

And how many on this forum can say they're not Amiga-biased?
Old 28 September 2007, 14:10   #48
Zapp_Brannigan

Nintendo SNES for me. You forgot to add Nintendo 64 though!
Old 28 September 2007, 18:54   #49
Graham Humphrey

No he didn't, read the round 1 thread

When does this thing end anyway?
Old 28 September 2007, 20:54   #50
Avanze
Amiga User

End it now, I say. Commodore has won.
Old 28 September 2007, 22:50   #51
Paul_s

Original Sega Master System for me...
Old 30 September 2007, 09:14   #52
oneshotdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye
Yeah, I just don't see the point in hating a company.
Yeah, I agree totally!

We should all fondly remember IG Farben and their wonderful Buna plant.

300,000 forced into slave labour, only 30,000 dead. Five execs were found guilty of mass murder, they got like seven or so years.

Oh, and I voted C64!
Old 02 October 2007, 20:12   #53
StarEye
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshotdead View Post
Yeah, I agree totally!

We should all fondly remember IG Farben and their wonderful Buna plant.

300,000 forced into slave labour, only 30,000 dead. Five execs were found guilty of mass murder, they got like seven or so years.
Yes, 'cause that's exactly the same as hating Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo/whatever. I guess you hate people, 'cause Ted Bundy, Adolf Hitler, Jack the Ripper etc are all people.
Old 05 October 2007, 19:01   #54
nzo
WHD/oldskool maniac

Hey! Commodore Plus/4 is not on the list! I vote for Plus/4!
Old 05 October 2007, 19:03   #55
Graham Humphrey

Well, if you read this thread you'll know why it wasn't on the list
Old 05 October 2007, 23:09   #56
Zapp_Brannigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
No he didn't, read the round 1 thread

When does this thing end anyway?
Ah... alright! Sorry.

(But weird that Nintendo 64 lost to Gameboy, even though GB is more famous. imo )
Old 06 October 2007, 08:21   #57
AMIGAZ
Amiga-Mad

Send a message via ICQ to AMIGAZ
My Vic 64, it completely changed my life back in '87
Old 06 October 2007, 08:57   #58
matthew
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to matthew Send a message via AIM to matthew Send a message via MSN to matthew Send a message via Yahoo to matthew
I voted for the Spectrum
Old 06 October 2007, 15:17   #59
woody57

Sorry but since I still own a PS1 & a PSONE with about two metres of shelf space full of REAL discs for them along with dancemats for my grandkids to play on ...then it wins as a system that is still useable today.

I realy don't think the C64 qualifies in this area anymore as too few instant load cartriges were made for it otherwise it could have been a real contender against the nintendo vs Sega system survival question.

perhaps many disagree but heck this is only a personal poll not a republican election LOL
Old 07 October 2007, 05:24   #60
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody57 View Post

I realy don't think the C64 qualifies in this area anymore as too few instant load cartriges were made for it otherwise it could have been a real contender against the nintendo vs Sega system survival question.
i definately see your point, even as a Speccy user who thinks there are more speccy games making efforts worthwhile than c64 games.

however, i think you have to dissmisded considerations of "old style" limitiations and you should perhaps judge them ALL on what you can do now (emulator or otherwise)

Speccy's can be loaded up with an HD full of TAPs, and i dont-doubt there is something similar for the c64. Its almost like competely dismissing WHDload games for the Amiga. (which, imho, are by far the best and only way one should be running miggy games if you can - Speedball 2 and Wipe Out excluded for obvious reasons)

surely not a fair comparision to dismiss such things these days? ok, yes your factory produced c64 takes a lot longer to run a game than your factory PS1...... but it has an unfair advantage in X number of years of development / enhancements.

just my point-of-view of course, feel free to ignore, especialy since i am just back from a night on the town