English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 25 June 2011, 00:16   #41
Taff64

Quote:
Originally Posted by terexuk View Post
go to the shortcut for winuae, right click, select properties,where it says target, add the line -disablehardrivesafetycheck it should then allow you to select your drive
Dunno if its a WIN 7 thing but in target box it says "C:\Program Files\WinUAE\winuae.exe"

It won't let me add that line what you have stated. If I do and I apply then it says that the path is not valid!
Arrrgghhh! Trying not to throw my beloved Amiga out of the window here!

Taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy bates View Post
sorry about that ive got xp i dont know how to get around it in windows 7,hasent it got a control panel?
Which WIN 7 or UAE?

Taff

Last edited by TCD; 25 June 2011 at 01:38. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Use the multi-quote function.
Old 25 June 2011, 02:05   #42
terexuk
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

im on win 7 as well copy and paste this

"C:\Program Files\WinUAE\winuae.exe" -disablehardrivesafetycheck
Old 25 June 2011, 13:52   #43
Taff64

Quote:
Originally Posted by terexuk View Post
im on win 7 as well copy and paste this

"C:\Program Files\WinUAE\winuae.exe" -disablehardrivesafetycheck

OK I have manage to add that line but still it keeps asking me to format the CF drive! I give up now!
Only thing I can think of is I use the null modem lead to send the files required across.

Taff
Old 25 June 2011, 14:03   #44
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
disablehardrivesafetycheck
Does nothing, it was changed many releases ago..

Quote:
I try to add the CF drive in UAE it keeps telling me to format it before I can use it
I think you mean AmigaOS asks you to format it?
Old 25 June 2011, 17:26   #45
roy bates

nope he deffinetley means windows asks him to format it.ive seen this only on xp you can ignore it.
@taff64
i meant does wndows 7 have a control panel like xp?
what im trying to say is if you ignore it cant you mount it in aue without the format option?
go into aue then harddrives,then add harddrive,then look for the one you have on you usb cf adaptor.
also you dont need to format it to use it on the pc its aue that needs to see it so when it ask you to format it click on cancel.
ive mounted REAL harddrives in aue this way.what exactly is it saying is it something like found new hardware, you can ignore that.

Last edited by roy bates; 25 June 2011 at 17:45. Reason: trying to be clear
Old 25 June 2011, 17:52   #46
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
nope he deffinetley means windows asks him to format it.ive seen this only on xp you can ignore it.
The point was that it isn't UAE that says it

Yes, it is normal. Windows says it if it does not find any Windows compatible partition tables (=Amiga partition table or empty drive). Just cancel it.
Old 25 June 2011, 17:58   #47
terexuk
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

[quote=Toni Wilen;763194]Does nothing, it was changed many releases ago..

lol, maybe i should update
Old 25 June 2011, 18:05   #48
roy bates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
The point was that it isn't UAE that says it

Yes, it is normal. Windows says it if it does not find any Windows compatible partition tables (=Amiga partition table or empty drive). Just cancel it.

thank you

@taff64
dont give up just like that keep trying.its just that the amiga is completely different to a pc .it WILL be worth it in the end.
IF YOU CANNOT REALLY REALLY REALLY DO THIS.then send me a PM and i will do the installation for you.
is all youll have to do is send it to me in the post.and i WILL send it back tested and WORKING.
i would rather do that than see an amiga go to waste.

Last edited by roy bates; 25 June 2011 at 18:22. Reason: making a offer
Old 26 June 2011, 23:33   #49
Taff64

Quote:
thank you

@taff64
dont give up just like that keep trying.its just that the amiga is completely different to a pc .it WILL be worth it in the end.
IF YOU CANNOT REALLY REALLY REALLY DO THIS.then send me a PM and i will do the installation for you.
is all youll have to do is send it to me in the post.and i WILL send it back tested and WORKING.
i would rather do that than see an amiga go to waste.
First of all thankyou everyone for all your kind help. I have finally managed to mount the CF hard drive onto UAE by using a friends PC. I have put WHDLOAD 17.0 on it and unfortunately I now get the recoverbale error screen in yellow when I try and launch a game!
I have tried to run games on my CF card through UAE and everything runs perfect!
It would seem that the accellerator is definately without doubt to blame for the incompatibility issues. Not sure if this card needs to be brought to the attention of the creator of WHDLOAD unless somebody else on the board has got it running through it and if so how?

Thanks
Old 27 June 2011, 00:42   #50
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff64 View Post
First of all thankyou everyone for all your kind help. I have finally managed to mount the CF hard drive onto UAE by using a friends PC. I have put WHDLOAD 17.0 on it and unfortunately I now get the recoverbale error screen in yellow when I try and launch a game!
I have tried to run games on my CF card through UAE and everything runs perfect!
It would seem that the accellerator is definately without doubt to blame for the incompatibility issues. Not sure if this card needs to be brought to the attention of the creator of WHDLOAD unless somebody else on the board has got it running through it and if so how?

Thanks
Yellow recoverable alerts generally means a memory error in my experience.
Old 27 June 2011, 12:14   #51
roy bates

@taff64
silly really but have you tried to clean the edge connector that that card plugs into?
might be worth a go.and check that you havent got any bent or erregular spaced pins on your card as it may not be making contact properly in the 1200.
i know you said you tried it in another 1200 but it may be the connector on the card itself,good luck
i have had cards have parshal memmory not show in the system and /or not working fully because of this there may not be anything wrong with the card in genaral,but due to its age the contacts become loose over time as peaple here will testify.

Last edited by roy bates; 27 June 2011 at 12:21.
Old 27 June 2011, 23:37   #52
Taff64

Quote:
@taff64
silly really but have you tried to clean the edge connector that that card plugs into?
might be worth a go.and check that you havent got any bent or erregular spaced pins on your card as it may not be making contact properly in the 1200.
i know you said you tried it in another 1200 but it may be the connector on the card itself,good luck
i have had cards have parshal memmory not show in the system and /or not working fully because of this there may not be anything wrong with the card in genaral,but due to its age the contacts become loose over time as peaple here will testify.
Checked all the pins on the card and pushed all of them forward a bit just to make sure they make contact with the board. I have also checked the board on the 1200 and all is clean but still I am getting the same error. Maybe the acelerator board itself is knackered. Is there any diagnostic tools which I can test it on?

Taff
Old 27 June 2011, 23:42   #53
roy bates

you could have a look on aminet and look for anything todo with memtests.
not sure if it will help though.
did the card come with any configuration software as some do.im not sure about this one though,
which os are you running ? and which kickstart ? not tyhat they are relivant.
do any of the games work?
which games are you trying to run?
have you tried to edit the icon info to include the following lines:
NOMMU
NOVBRMOVE
you see your not the only one that has questions.
as far as diagnostic tools go if you mean hardware they would cost more than your card and i would not ask you to look at it yourself,if you damage it you will run the risk of damaging your entire system if you dont know what you are doing.
its not a simple task of using an every day multimeter.DONT DO IT its not worth the hassle.
btw: did you set up AUE as the same hardware config as your amiga i.e 68030 and 8mb of ram. to see if the same problem occurs
i know it wont be axactly the same but best to see what happens.

Last edited by roy bates; 28 June 2011 at 11:17. Reason: had an idea
Old 29 June 2011, 00:08   #54
Taff64

Quote:
you could have a look on aminet and look for anything todo with memtests.
not sure if it will help though.
did the card come with any configuration software as some do.im not sure about this one though,
which os are you running ? and which kickstart ? not tyhat they are relivant.
do any of the games work?
which games are you trying to run?
have you tried to edit the icon info to include the following lines:
NOMMU
NOVBRMOVE
you see your not the only one that has questions.
as far as diagnostic tools go if you mean hardware they would cost more than your card and i would not ask you to look at it yourself,if you damage it you will run the risk of damaging your entire system if you dont know what you are doing.
its not a simple task of using an every day multimeter.DONT DO IT its not worth the hassle.
btw: did you set up AUE as the same hardware config as your amiga i.e 68030 and 8mb of ram. to see if the same problem occurs
i know it wont be axactly the same but best to see what happens.
Just ran memtest and guess what, the memory is defective! Get lots and lots of errors scrolling up as it checks it. Boo Hoo! Its a shame that the chips are soldered to the board as it looks like I am gonna have to toss this card in the bin! Unless there is a way to repair the chips!
Ahh well, once again thanks for all the kind help...

Taff
Old 29 June 2011, 10:57   #55
roy bates

there are peaple on this board capable of replacing the memory on your card,but it may not be your memory it may be the logic as well.good luck.
Old 29 June 2011, 10:57   #56
1time
Amiga Lover

Some links you may be interested in:

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/...roducts_id=406

http://www.vesalia.de/e_aca1230-28[7323].htm

www.amibay.com
Old 30 June 2011, 00:08   #57
Taff64

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1time View Post
That ACA accellerator looks good. Is it fully compatible with WHDLOAD? I believe it uses newer components..
Old 05 July 2011, 23:24   #58
Taff64

Quote:
there are peaple on this board capable of replacing the memory on your card,but it may not be your memory it may be the logic as well.good luck.
Just won one of these on Ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Hope I have more luck this time. Will let you all know...

Taff
Old 06 July 2011, 10:37   #59
roy bates

very nice i hope it solves all your problems.
let us know how you got on.
Old 09 July 2011, 23:57   #60
Taff64

Quote:
very nice i hope it solves all your problems.
let us know how you got on.
Arrived the other day and everything works like a charm! Was up until the early hours playing all the AGA games. WHDLOAD rocks!
I have put my old accelerator up on ebay for sale if anybody wants to try and fix it. There have been a couple of bids already so somebody will probably make a nice profit if they can repair it!!
Probably not the right place but here is the link if anybody is interested...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Amiga-1200-M-T...item43a8377d72

Once again thanks for all the time people have took to answer all my painful questions. This is a great site for info....