English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 17 August 2006, 11:04   #1
Andypoos

Wanted: Waxworks

Hi, does anyone know where I can get the ROM for Waxworks (Horrorsoft) please? I do own the game on the Amiga.

Thanks
Old 17 August 2006, 12:36   #2
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Scroll down the list to get to Waxworks, ten disks

http://www.planetemu.net/index.php?s...dat=257&page=w
Old 17 August 2006, 14:51   #3
Andypoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT
Scroll down the list to get to Waxworks, ten disks

http://www.planetemu.net/index.php?s...dat=257&page=w
Thanks I got it. Just one small prob, how do I play without the code wheel?
Old 17 August 2006, 15:11   #4
Adderly
[Satan^God]

Send a message via ICQ to Adderly
Use the code wheel from your Original or a properly cracked version of the game without the protection... or a scan of the code wheel found on the internet. Just some ideas!
Old 17 August 2006, 20:03   #5
StarEye
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andypoos
Thanks I got it. Just one small prob, how do I play without the code wheel?
Rule of the day: don't pretend to have an original copy then ask how you bypass the copyprotection. It kinda blows your cover.
Old 17 August 2006, 20:18   #6
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye
Rule of the day: don't pretend to have an original copy then ask how you bypass the copyprotection. It kinda blows your cover.
Old 17 August 2006, 20:21   #7
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
Indeed, lol... didn't realized it untill you said it .. hehe
Old 18 August 2006, 00:45   #8
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Maybe he lost it, I dunno, just a guess.
Old 18 August 2006, 08:28   #9
komunita

Hey Andypoos

Check if the attached is any help. I have also some maps if you want them.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Waxworks-Codes.txt (4.0 KB, 983 views)
Old 18 August 2006, 10:24   #10
Adderly
[Satan^God]

Send a message via ICQ to Adderly
Quote:
From another thread by Andypoos i've read his Amiga stuff is in the loft at his parents house.
Old 18 August 2006, 13:17   #11
Andypoos

Quote:
Rule of the day kiddies: don't make daft assumptions about people you don't know.

I do genuinely have the Waxworks game which me and my friend played to death when it was first released. I can even remember where he got it too, a stall in Romford market because I was with him at the time. Later he sold his comp with all his games to me which included Waxworks and 200 other titles. The comp and all the games are packed away in boxes in the loft around my parents house in London, miles from where I live, and where its laid for the past 10 or so years.

Now what would you do in my position? Log on to a website to get the codes or make a 160 mile round trip journey (which I estimate would cost me £20 in petrol) then spend possibly a couple of hours in a loft moving boxes, tip-toeing over beams and breathing in dust? Oh what you thought I had my Amiga in my room did you? Oh sure, I've also got my Atari ST, Spectrum, C64, Nintendo and every other PC and console I've owned over the years and surrounded by thousands of games, because I just have LOADS of room.

Some people.
Old 18 August 2006, 13:21   #12
Andypoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by komunita
Hey Andypoos

Check if the attached is any help. I have also some maps if you want them.
Thank you, much appreciated.
Old 18 August 2006, 17:45   #13
StarEye
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andypoos
Rule of the day kiddies: don't make daft assumptions about people you don't know.

I do genuinely have the Waxworks game which me and my friend played to death when it was first released. I can even remember where he got it too, a stall in Romford market because I was with him at the time. Later he sold his comp with all his games to me which included Waxworks and 200 other titles. The comp and all the games are packed away in boxes in the loft around my parents house in London, miles from where I live, and where its laid for the past 10 or so years.

Now what would you do in my position? Log on to a website to get the codes or make a 160 mile round trip journey (which I estimate would cost me £20 in petrol) then spend possibly a couple of hours in a loft moving boxes, tip-toeing over beams and breathing in dust? Oh what you thought I had my Amiga in my room did you? Oh sure, I've also got my Atari ST, Spectrum, C64, Nintendo and every other PC and console I've owned over the years and surrounded by thousands of games, because I just have LOADS of room.

Some people.
And here I was, thinking british people had humour. That's what happens when you generalize.
Old 18 August 2006, 17:50   #14
Ironclaw
Banned

Well, some people just don't know when a joke is being played and when not.. it's not easy to know you know.... ehh.... so I can understand you both. But I think I too would have posted an explanation that I had the game.... just not as detailed as Andy .

to quote Dizzy
Quote:
Oh well.... either you love fungus in the rectum or you don't.
Old 19 August 2006, 19:44   #15
Andypoos

Quote:
And here I was, thinking british people had humour. That's what happens when you generalize.
Now you're making me feel like some overeacting, humourless, miserable git.

I didn't see the funny side of your post I'm sorry. To me it looked like you were calling me a liar and I took exception to that. Ok, maybe I did go off on one to explain my circumstances. I just don't want members of this community thinking I'm dishonest.

Anyway no hard feelings. Its all in the past and as far as Im concenred thats the end of the matter.
Old 19 August 2006, 20:02   #16
BippyM
Global Moderator

Andypoos.. chill-out nobody knows you (personally) to make that sort of judgement, and even if they do.. just take my advice.. Ignore the fuckers

Seriously nobody cares if you request original or cracked copies of games so-long as they are not still supported/sold
Old 20 August 2006, 00:02   #17
StarEye
Zone Friend

I'm surprised if there's anyone here who DOESN'T have a cracked copy of a game.
Old 21 August 2006, 21:18   #18
Andypoos

I'm new here and to Amiga Emulators so I don't know what people's perception of others who use cracked versions of the game are. Maybe you should have considered that before posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
Andypoos.. chill-out nobody knows you (personally) to make that sort of judgement, and even if they do.. just take my advice.. Ignore the fuckers

Seriously nobody cares if you request original or cracked copies of games so-long as they are not still supported/sold
Ok I understand now.
Old 22 August 2006, 07:55   #19
gizmomelb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
that's pretty much my reply to this thread, but I deleted it as I thought someone was bound to take exception.