English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 05 February 2020, 17:45   #41
John3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarmon View Post
Is the error only in the text output console? Does the actual UCG GUI itself working as expected?

Yes
Old 05 February 2020, 17:54   #42
solarmon

OK. The text output still needs a lot of work on it and cleaning up.

I will fix this particular issue in the next release.

Thank you for using the tool and for reporting the error.

If there are any other errors/issues then please let me know. Or if there are any particular features you would like to see implemented.

Thank you!
Old 05 February 2020, 18:06   #43
John3d

Thanks
Old 06 February 2020, 13:52   #44
John3d

@solarmon I have a suggestion, could you add support for Amiga cd 32?

What I like most about your program is that you can create configurations for GPD XD
It is where I want to emulate Amiga, but I have problems launching the games from DIG
Old 06 February 2020, 14:42   #45
solarmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by John3d View Post
@solarmon I have a suggestion, could you add support for Amiga cd 32?

What I like most about your program is that you can create configurations for GPD XD
It is where I want to emulate Amiga, but I have problems launching the games from DIG
The tool was initial done for the GPD XD, as that is what I was using for mobile emulation at the time. Although, I don't do use any emulation at the moment since I now have a range of Amiga hardware.

What specific problems are you having with DIG? When I used it last, I seem to remember needing/using a special beta version of UAE4arm, but didn't really work properly. I cant remember exactly as it has been a while since I last used/worked on it. Things may have changed since then, so I would have to get in to emulation on the GPD XD again.

For CD32 support, do you mean supporting .CUE files for the CDROM image?
Old 06 February 2020, 15:10   #46
John3d

Yes, for CD it should work with .cue files.

I used with uae4arm a hard disk image for Amiga that started with a frontend and the games were on that hard disk, but I lost the file and I don't remember how I did it (I never had a Amiga and I was looking for information)

About emulation in GPD XD there are two options now:

- Uae4arm, I don't know what version it is now but the last time I tried it it went well with everything I saw.
- Core p-uae for retroarch, recently they have added support for .lha and when launching the game with retroarch it detects and loads the Amiga model and configuration. I have tried it with GPD XD and some games are slow, also DIG does not recognize lha files.
- I've also seen that you are compiling amiberry for android but it hasn't come out yet.

Sorry by muy english, i spanish
Old 06 February 2020, 15:35   #47
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
- Core p-uae for retroarch, recently they have added support for .lha and when launching the game with retroarch it detects and loads the Amiga model and configuration.
How is RetroArch supposed to detect the Amiga model and configuration just from an .LHA file?

.LHA files don't contain this information within; and can be opened / extracted on all Amiga models such as A500 / A500+ / A600 / A1200 / A3000 / A4000 etc.
Old 06 February 2020, 16:17   #48
solarmon

Quote:

Sorry by muy english, i spanish
No need to apologise. Your English is better than my Spanish (since it is non existent!).

Quote:

I used with uae4arm a hard disk image for Amiga that started with a frontend and the games were on that hard disk, but I lost the file and I don't remember how I did it (I never had a Amiga and I was looking for information)

About emulation in GPD XD there are two options now:

- Uae4arm, I don't know what version it is now but the last time I tried it it went well with everything I saw.
- Core p-uae for retroarch, recently they have added support for .lha and when launching the game with retroarch it detects and loads the Amiga model and configuration. I have tried it with GPD XD and some games are slow, also DIG does not recognize lha files.
- I've also seen that you are compiling amiberry for android but it hasn't come out yet.
Ah, yes, I remember now. Retroarch p-uae core would crash when I tried it.

I need to start getting in to emulation again to be able to support this, so I will need to spend some time on setting up my GPD XD again.
Old 06 February 2020, 16:27   #49
solarmon

As far as I'm aware, when I last was using emulation and developing this tool, LHA is just the container the game file is in. For any UAE based emulator, you still need to provide it with a configuration on how to launch the game and the system will extract the LHA file appropriately.

You might want to also take an look at my WHDLoad Game Launcher solution, which I developed in parallel with UCG:

https://github.com/solarmon/WHDLoad-Game-Launcher
Old 06 February 2020, 18:07   #50
John3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
How is RetroArch supposed to detect the Amiga model and configuration just from an .LHA file?

.LHA files don't contain this information within; and can be opened / extracted on all Amiga models such as A500 / A500+ / A600 / A1200 / A3000 / A4000 etc.

The core loads a default configuration, but there is also a "trick" to adjust the Amiga model:

https://github.com/libretro/libretro...specific-model

Quote:
As far as I'm aware, when I last was using emulation and developing this tool, LHA is just the container the game file is in. For any UAE based emulator, you still need to provide it with a configuration on how to launch the game and the system will extract the LHA file appropriately.

You might want to also take an look at my WHDLoad Game Launcher solution, which I developed in parallel with UCG:

https://github.com/solarmon/WHDLoad-Game-Launcher

Thanks, i will look at it
Old 06 February 2020, 20:10   #51
sonninnos
Commodork

Quote:

From the filename of course. It is safe to assume AGA if the name includes it, as it always does, if needed. A500 won't boot from HD anyway, so there is not much options left when regular WHDLoad installs are concerned. Some slaves do need to have A1200 forced manually though and won't work properly with A600 on the current PUAE version.

Quote:
There is no need to extract LHAs. UAE can use it directly as a hard drive, read-only of course. Luckily WHDLoad saves can be redirected elsewhere, so HDF conversion is only necessary with regular HD-installs.

I recently added the automatic WHDLoad.hdf generation and WHDLoad LHA support to the libretro core, and it works pretty hassle free. Only the Kickstarts are required in RetroArch system directory. The .uae config is created automatically when launching content or without content.

Last edited by sonninnos; 06 February 2020 at 20:18.
Old 06 February 2020, 20:58   #52
jotd
This cat is no more

I've written a python module to get info from a whdload slave if this can be helpful. Like generating the proper memory / configuration for each .lha which contains a .slave.

But it can also be set to A1200/040/16MB fast without too much risk.
Old 06 February 2020, 21:00   #53
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonninnos View Post
From the filename of course.
Yes obviously, from the filename sure; and I should have written that in my previous post... but that's quite different from saying the following isn't it?

Quote:
- Core p-uae for retroarch, recently they have added support for .lha and when launching the game with retroarch it detects and loads the Amiga model and configuration.
As I said:

Quote:
It doesn't magically happen in RetroArch

The filename tells the emulator what Amiga model and configuration to use from it's table / database / whatever.

Last edited by DamienD; 06 February 2020 at 21:14.
Old 06 February 2020, 21:13   #54
sonninnos
Commodork

Quote:
Yes obviously, from the filename sure; and I should have written that in my previous post... but that's quite different from saying the following isn't it:
Sure, fair enough. I'd say it does a crude and educated guess which gets the job done in 99% of the cases. Not sure if more magic is needed in practice.
Old 07 February 2020, 10:07   #55
John3d

@DamienD Sorry if I didn't explain myself well. I didn't know exactly how the core works.

I had read somewhere that if you add "AGA" to the name of the game file, the core loads a different configuration than the default one. But until yesterday I looked for more core information, I didn't know there were more additions to indicate to the core the model to load.

Although it is interesting to remember that retroarch has several methods of saving configurations: by core, by directory and by game. That helps a lot, since you can assign a configuration for each game or if it is a lot of work you can also create folders by grouping Amiga games by systems and then create a configuration by folder so that all those games load with the same options. This option is very interesting for emulators that work with several systems.
Old 06 June 2020, 18:53   #56
John3d

Quote:
OK. The text output still needs a lot of work on it and cleaning up.

I will fix this particular issue in the next release.

Thank you for using the tool and for reporting the error.

If there are any other errors/issues then please let me know. Or if there are any particular features you would like to see implemented.

Thank you!

Something new?
Old 13 July 2020, 11:51   #57
solarmon

@John3d

The logging error issue for .lha file has been fixed in release v0.6-beta:

https://github.com/solarmon/UCG/releases/tag/v0.6-beta

I have also added support for IPF files in this release.
Old 14 July 2020, 20:02   #58
John3d

Quote:
@John3d

The logging error issue for .lha file has been fixed in release v0.6-beta:

https://github.com/solarmon/UCG/releases/tag/v0.6-beta

I have also added support for IPF files in this release.

Thanks! Now it goes well!

I've only found one problem, but I'm correcting it by hand.
I have paid on android "Amiga Forever Essential" and it did not load the system rom correctly.

With UCG 0.6-beta

And now

The address of the files and the whdload are marked in green because I have it ordered in my console: P
Old 14 July 2020, 20:45   #59
solarmon

Have you tried making custom changes to the template.json file in the target system directory:

Code:
conf\templates\gpdxd-uae4arm\template.json
The default is:

Code:
{
	"description": "GPD XD - Android uae4arm",
	"system": "gpdxd",
	"directory_separator": "/",
	"parent_path": "/mnt/external_sd",
	"amiga_whdload_path": "/mnt/external_sd/ROMs/Amiga/WHDLoad",
	"amiga_whdload_type": "dir",
	"amiga_whdload_file": "WHDLoad.hdf",
	"amiga_whdload_dir": "WHDLoad-Game-Launcher",
	"amiga_uae_relative_path": "ROMs/Amiga/UAE",
	"amiga_games_relative_path": "ROMs/Amiga/Games",
	"amiga_games_kickstart_path": "/mnt/external_sd/ROMs/Amiga/Kickstarts",
	"amiga_games_kickstart_rom": "kick31.rom",
	"amiga_games_kickstart_rom_key": "rom.key"
}
You can change the filenames and paths to suit your requirements.
Old 14 July 2020, 22:36   #60
John3d

Quote:
Have you tried making custom changes to the template.json file in the target system directory:

Code:
conf\templates\gpdxd-uae4arm\template.json
The default is:

Code:
{
	"description": "GPD XD - Android uae4arm",
	"system": "gpdxd",
	"directory_separator": "/",
	"parent_path": "/mnt/external_sd",
	"amiga_whdload_path": "/mnt/external_sd/ROMs/Amiga/WHDLoad",
	"amiga_whdload_type": "dir",
	"amiga_whdload_file": "WHDLoad.hdf",
	"amiga_whdload_dir": "WHDLoad-Game-Launcher",
	"amiga_uae_relative_path": "ROMs/Amiga/UAE",
	"amiga_games_relative_path": "ROMs/Amiga/Games",
	"amiga_games_kickstart_path": "/mnt/external_sd/ROMs/Amiga/Kickstarts",
	"amiga_games_kickstart_rom": "kick31.rom",
	"amiga_games_kickstart_rom_key": "rom.key"
}
You can change the filenames and paths to suit your requirements.
Ok, thanks!