English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Demo DVD

Old 19 December 2004, 11:50   #21
Medvind

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right the archive is 3.3gb and is split into 64 Rar archives

I don't know what the best way to distribute this between the testers would be as my measly 30kb/s up is shit!

I was thinking torrent or something, but I don't know how to make it Private! any ideas?

(obviously this wont affect those I hope to post this to)
Hi there bippym! If you want to, I'll be happy to check the DVD out aswell. Getting a bunch of DVD-R's next week to play around with
Old 20 December 2004, 01:19   #22
BinoX
Miggy Man

I'd be interested in testing it out too (And I live in the UK)

Hmmm... can't you get some space on the net somewhere to distro it?
Old 23 December 2004, 00:10   #23
alewis
Monochrome and 8 bit

Bippy - I'd be happy to test, and if you like, distribute beta copies. Be good to use the companies postage to something useful.. ;-)
Old 23 December 2004, 02:17   #24
TheBoss

Send a message via ICQ to TheBoss
I'll be able to test it tomorrow so I'll let you know if I find anything our of the ordinary on IRC later
Old 23 December 2004, 19:09   #25
Eny-
R3tr0 G4m3r

1st Impressions:

" OMG ! AWESOME!!!!1111 "

Beautifully done mate!

Watching this in WS is incredible.

Until now i've only noticed one lil' thingie... The screen in 16:9 is not centered... so it cuts a bit of the right side... Playing it on 4:3 this issue is corrected.

Can you release this in two flavours? FS and WS?
Old 23 December 2004, 20:48   #26
TheBoss

Send a message via ICQ to TheBoss
The main menu screen is not centered with menu 2 and 3 but 2 and 3 are centered fine.
Old 23 December 2004, 21:30   #27
Jim

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right the archive is 3.3gb and is split into 64 Rar archives

I don't know what the best way to distribute this between the testers would be as my measly 30kb/s up is shit!

I was thinking torrent or something, but I don't know how to make it Private! any ideas?

(obviously this wont affect those I hope to post this to)
Probably best to avoid torrents at the moment !

Best bet is to make it one big RAR and distribute over emule.

And (NOW I AM SERIOUS) call it something like "Paris Hilton - New Sex Video December 2004.rar". It doesn't matter what you call it as long as you provide the filehash link.

This way random pervs using emule will find this and be downloading it too, hence increasing the number of sources/speed for all.

Once most of us have got it we all rename the file around the same time to what it really is.

By the time the pervs have figured this out we'd already have used plenty of their upload bandwidth Remember if it is one RAR they have to download all of it to see what it is

Old 23 December 2004, 23:18   #28
alewis
Monochrome and 8 bit

lol. Stonkin idea!
Old 24 December 2004, 01:08   #29
Jim

Of course a perv who downloads this and finds out it's not Paris might be annoyed, which is not something you want if you have your email address or eab's website mentioned in there.

So what you do is.....

Before sharing open up the RAR file into a hex editor, and change the first say 10 bytes to corrupt it so it can never be opened.

On here you of course post what the original ten bytes were

Old 24 December 2004, 03:15   #30
BippyM
Global Moderator

I know 5 ppl now have the beta, so can I please have some feedback

Anyway anyone else wanting to download the beta let me know, those who are getting it via snail mail, my apologies but I have been tied up with Xmas, it will be posted asap after
Old 24 December 2004, 13:19   #31
Eny-
R3tr0 G4m3r

Just went throught the first menu - no bugs whatsoever -
Old 04 January 2005, 12:18   #32
Medvind

Quote:
I know 5 ppl now have the beta, so can I please have some feedback

Anyway anyone else wanting to download the beta let me know, those who are getting it via snail mail, my apologies but I have been tied up with Xmas, it will be posted asap after
I'm really sorry I've been so slow with feedback! Been having some problems with my computer. But now all is re-installed and working at full speed. Will be back shortly with more in-depth report.

Concerning the spreading of the DVD. I'll probably have access to 10Mbit's of bandwith for a short period of time soon. If you want to we can shedule a spreading/downloading session within that time.
Old 09 January 2005, 03:05   #33
LocalH
Amiga user since 1990

It played good, except that I seemed to have trouble going between VOBs automatically, on normal play. I could get WinDVD to go to the next VOB by using fast forward, though. Other than that, I didn't have any problems watching Arte or 3D Demo I (haven't had time to sit down and watch the others).
Old 09 January 2005, 13:28   #34
Peanutuk

Still waiting, but hopefully the posty will bring it soon.
Old 09 January 2005, 14:43   #35
Medvind

Been testing a psysical copy I made from the rar'd demodvd. So here's a couple of things

1. First thing that comes to my mind is that you should have the option to skip the intro. 1 minute could prove to be irritating in the long run, even if it's not now. By experimenting with this my DVD also played the intro twice after fastforwarding.

2. Just as Dastardly I think the highlighting of 'Watch Demo' and 'Main Menu' are a bit confusing. Also, in the main menu, the Menu1-3 text is rather small, hardly noticeble (Not a real problem though, you can choose to ignore that )

3. Most demos are cut off on the sides, the top and bottom on my widescreen TV. Don't know if this is a PAL/NTSC issue?

4. The music ends abruptly on Despair in the middle of the demo.

5. The 'Main Menu' option in Human Target is too small to read until you highlight it, after which a larger 'Main Menu' text appears above the smaller one instead of "resizing" it (or at least making the impression of it.)

There, a few things. Hope they're not results of me making my own iso out of the DVD, but it shouldn't be. May I also say, great job bippym! It's great fun to watch the demos, and I know that you've spent a great deal of time to put it together, so kudos!
Old 09 January 2005, 14:50   #36
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4desinger/IND
Been testing a psysical copy I made from the rar'd demodvd. So here's a couple of things

1. First thing that comes to my mind is that you should have the option to skip the intro. 1 minute could prove to be irritating in the long run, even if it's not now. By experimenting with this my DVD also played the intro twice after fastforwarding.
Press play on your remote

[Quote]2. Just as Dastardly I think the highlighting of 'Watch Demo' and 'Main Menu' are a bit confusing. Also, in the main menu, the Menu1-3 text is rather small, hardly noticeble (Not a real problem though, you can choose to ignore that ) [/Quotoe]

Will look at these

Quote:
3. Most demos are cut off on the sides, the top and bottom on my widescreen TV. Don't know if this is a PAL/NTSC issue?
It's your tv, play with the zoom options or put it into 4:3

Quote:
4. The music ends abruptly on Despair in the middle of the demo.
I'll check this and redo it

Quote:
5. The 'Main Menu' option in Human Target is too small to read until you highlight it, after which a larger 'Main Menu' text appears above the smaller one instead of "resizing" it (or at least making the impression of it.)
again I'll have a look

Quote:
There, a few things. Hope they're not results of me making my own iso out of the DVD, but it shouldn't be. May I also say, great job bippym! It's great fun to watch the demos, and I know that you've spent a great deal of time to put it together, so kudos!
thanks
Old 09 January 2005, 15:31   #37
Medvind

Quote:
It's your tv, play with the zoom options or put it into 4:3
Doesn't help.

And pressing play at the intro does work
Old 09 January 2005, 15:59   #38
BippyM
Global Moderator

I don't know what the problem is then..

I know 3DDemo2 has some problems with cropping but all the others are perfectly fine on mine.

Can any of the other testers (who have the DVD thus far) test to see if demos are cropped please.
Old 07 March 2005, 18:39   #39
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly
I recieved mine today and WOW!

This really is a superbly put together project and Ive spent ALL AFTERNOON watc....erm testing it.

I have found 2 bugs and an annoyance.

1. Menu 2 - Cant get from Mental Hangover > Human Target with my DVD remote, I have to back the long way round if you know what I mean.

2. Menu 2 - Cant start the Despair demo. It wont allow me to highlight the 'Watch Demo'

A little annoyance I have is that on the demos menu screens the highlighting of 'Watch Demo' and 'Main Menu' isnt obvious enough and its hard to tell what your currently on (maybe its my eyesight). A nice highlight colour would improve this

This project really is fantastic and I loved every second of watching it!

Keep up the great work Bippy
Fixed, I'm not too sure what colour to make the selected buttons on the demo pages!!! any ideas guys?
Old 07 March 2005, 18:42   #40
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eny-
1st Impressions:

" OMG ! AWESOME!!!!1111 "

Beautifully done mate!

Watching this in WS is incredible.

Until now i've only noticed one lil' thingie... The screen in 16:9 is not centered... so it cuts a bit of the right side... Playing it on 4:3 this issue is corrected.

Can you release this in two flavours? FS and WS?
in a word no!

Amiga demos are in FS not WS so it'd be pointless stretching them!

I'll have to look into why it is being chopped in 16:9!!