English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 07 November 2022, 15:33   #21
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I'm not done with the game, but I second that notion. Well worth at least 2 $.
Old 09 November 2022, 21:48   #22
mass

Thanks so much for all the kind words, everyone! And thanks to TCD for posting about it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyMor View Post
PS: I hope that the author will seriously consider the possibility of multilingual, I would like to play it in ITALIAN!
Absolutely! I'll be working with someone to help translate the game in Italian. I'd love to also translate it to German and other languages as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by levellord View Post
I bought the game but unfortunately it did not work on my system. Went to the early startup and changed display from NTSC to PAL and game worked. Machine is A4000 with ZZ9000. Question: Is there a way to run the game and not going to BIOS every time? Maybe the developer can include NTSC option, if workaround is not possible?
Unfortunately, I'm new to the Amiga scene and I'm not 100% sure what could be the issue here. Have you gotten past it or are you still needing to go into the BIOS to set machine to PAL? I recently found out about something I can add that might make it play nicer on NTSC, hopefully that will help in the future.

Thanks again, you wonderful people!
Old 09 November 2022, 22:54   #23
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Welcome to the forum mass
Old 10 November 2022, 14:51   #24
levellord

Hi mass, thank you for your reply. Yes, I was able to complete the game, and as I mentioned above, I had to change display from NTSC to PAL in early startup every time I want to play. No big deal, but maybe something you should consider for your future projects (I hope!) and add an option to choose which system user have when the game starts and save that setting, just an idea. Great little game with beautiful gfx and very good and moody music, enjoyed it so much! Thank you!
Old 11 November 2022, 02:05   #25
SimonPPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mass View Post
Thanks so much for all the kind words, everyone! And thanks to TCD for posting about it here.

Absolutely! I'll be working with someone to help translate the game in Italian. I'd love to also translate it to German and other languages as well.

Unfortunately, I'm new to the Amiga scene and I'm not 100% sure what could be the issue here. Have you gotten past it or are you still needing to go into the BIOS to set machine to PAL? I recently found out about something I can add that might make it play nicer on NTSC, hopefully that will help in the future.

Thanks again, you wonderful people!

Hi Massimo your game is truly wonderful. Pixel art graphics have that perfect tech-noir vibe. Really well done!

Saluti da Simone Battaglioni
Old 12 November 2022, 08:17   #26
mass

Ciao Simone! I'm glad you liked it We'll speak soon!
Old 03 January 2023, 15:40   #27
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

There's a new update for the game: https://steamknight.itch.io/neonnoir...1/neonnoir-v11

Quote:
Fix for a soft lock that could happen if you used the hackstick on your computer before you had a chance to put data on it
A lot of performance improvements
Improvements to the dialogue, including this damn bug that would cut off some words
General improvements to the text of the story (spelling errors, mixing tenses, etc.)
Old 06 January 2023, 09:15   #28
mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by levellord View Post
... I had to change display from NTSC to PAL in early startup every time I want to play.

Thanks TCD

With the new update, I force the game into NTSC mode so I wonder if levellord will have an easier time. I think I will make that an option in the future somehow because I don't want to upset the PAL crowd
Old 06 January 2023, 16:14   #29
kempy

Quote:
With the new update, I force the game into NTSC mode so I wonder if levellord will have an easier time. I think I will make that an option in the future somehow because I don't want to upset the PAL crowd
Is there possibility to force it to display in PAL? It always starts in NTSC for me, and my monitor doesn't like this screenmode (picture is shaking).
Old 06 January 2023, 19:12   #30
vulture

@mass

Yes please, make it optional. Personally, I do prefer NTSC for the larger screen, but many people rely on PAL monitors/TV sets so...
Old 06 January 2023, 22:24   #31
mass

Will do. I'll upload a patched version later today. I'll default to normal and if you add the "FORCE_NTSC" tool type, it will, you know, force NTSC.
Old 07 January 2023, 02:20   #32
vulture

awesome
Old 07 January 2023, 04:34   #33
mass

I just uploaded a quick patch for the game: PAL/NTSC fix.

The game now defaults to what it used to do, NTSC for NTSC systems and PAL for PAL systems.

If you want to force the game in NTSC mode, you need to add a ToolType to the neonnoir.info file. Simply add FORCE_NTSC and the game will force itself into NTSC mode.

Thanks everybody who reached out to let me know about this issue. Please feel free to keep 'em coming if I make more boneheaded moves
Old 07 January 2023, 10:36   #34
onkelarie

Instant buy, allways great to see a new release for the good old Amiga, thank you!

Edit: Running smoothly on my A500 mini and winUAE setups, great cyberpunk atmosphere!

Last edited by onkelarie; 07 January 2023 at 13:14.
Old 07 January 2023, 10:57   #35
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
I just uploaded a quick patch for the game: PAL/NTSC fix.
I can confirm that the game works the same as it did before all the NTSC/PAL fixes and even the save games from v1.0 still work with the new version
Old 07 January 2023, 23:59   #36
mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by onkelarie View Post
Instant buy, allways great to see a new release for the good old Amiga, thank you!

Edit: Running smoothly on my A500 mini and winUAE setups, great cyberpunk atmosphere!

How did you get it to run on A500 mini?! ? Did you create a WHDLoad package for it?

That's amazing! Please teach me
Old 08 January 2023, 00:13   #37
onkelarie

Quote:
How did you get it to run on A500 mini?! ? Did you create a WHDLoad package for it?

That's amazing! Please teach me
It was quite easy, since I use a USB stick with the Aminimiga distribution on it. It was a simple excercise of unpacking the .lha file to the WHDgames: hardfolder on the USB stick.

I did not get it to work in the native /WHDload/ folder of the A500 mini though.
Old 17 January 2023, 00:11   #38
amifan
WhatIFF? Amiga Magazine

This looks great, just bought it for $2.00 looking forward to digging into it this weekend.
Old 21 January 2023, 11:04   #39
Mr Creosote
Evil Mastermind

I enjoyed the game, thank you for making it! More detailed opinion here: https://www.goodolddays.net/game/id%...Neon-Noir.html
Old 21 January 2023, 13:33   #40
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Interesting review. A lot of good points about the game. For the me main feature was the atmosphere that felt very familiar without being boring. I also liked that while it wasn't a point & click adventure it wasn't a pure visual novel either. Very story driven, but not a 'self-playing' visual novel.