English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 29 September 2023, 17:25   #1
Amiga A500 Rulz
Banned

Amiga Get Togethers in Europe??

Hi, I haven't attended an Amiga get together for around 30yrs, back in the day we all knew them as Crack Group parties,...seeing new demo's, swapping disks etc, are they still going on today in some form or another?

I cannot seem to find any info on any upcoming ones but would love to attend one just for old times sake but I cannot travel too far from Linköping (where I live) as travel expenses have become far too high, any news on upcoming events within Sweden?

P.s, sorry if this post is the wrong section, feel free to move it if that's the case.
Old 29 September 2023, 19:58   #2
Photon

Välkommen Copyparties are now politically corrected to the name "Demoparties" and you can find them on demoparty.net.

The next big Amiga demoparty is GERP 2024 in January in Skövde and seats are being booked quickly! 17 left.

(For compos only) most demoparties have a certain platform as their main, and put either newschool or oldschool in a mixed platform category. E.g. C64+other (Pågadata), Amiga+oldskool (GERP), PC+Amiga/oldskool (Edison), PC+oldskool (Assembly, Dreamhack if they still have orgas), Revision (PC+Amiga+oldskool), etc.

Obviously Assembly is a ferry across from Stockholm, and Revision is a long drive or plane, but GERP is not too far and Dreamhack is the closest, but IDK the status of their compos. Like Assembly it's mostly LAN/Game based with a smaller demoscene.

Apart from demoparties there are also general retro meets in Sweden, Retro Gathering was just this past weekend in Västerås. There are some retro gaming meetups as well, expect big game focus, consoles etc. so Assembly/Dreamhack without even less demoscene and Amiga.

If you are prepared to travel, there are quite a few in Europe.
Old 30 September 2023, 01:46   #3
Amiga A500 Rulz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
Välkommen Copyparties are now politically corrected to the name "Demoparties" and you can find them on demoparty.net.

The next big Amiga demoparty is GERP 2024 in January in Skövde and seats are being booked quickly! 17 left.

(For compos only) most demoparties have a certain platform as their main, and put either newschool or oldschool in a mixed platform category. E.g. C64+other (Pågadata), Amiga+oldskool (GERP), PC+Amiga/oldskool (Edison), PC+oldskool (Assembly, Dreamhack if they still have orgas), Revision (PC+Amiga+oldskool), etc.

Obviously Assembly is a ferry across from Stockholm, and Revision is a long drive or plane, but GERP is not too far and Dreamhack is the closest, but IDK the status of their compos. Like Assembly it's mostly LAN/Game based with a smaller demoscene.

Apart from demoparties there are also general retro meets in Sweden, Retro Gathering was just this past weekend in Västerås. There are some retro gaming meetups as well, expect big game focus, consoles etc. so Assembly/Dreamhack without even less demoscene and Amiga.

If you are prepared to travel, there are quite a few in Europe.

Brilliant, thank you so much for that link, yes I guessed they would be called something different nowadays but It's been 30yrs sinse I attented one, I don't mind travelling but I have my distance limits due to costs and travel time, trains are nice to take from my area and as you say the ferry is not that long so if It's within a certain distance I would like to go, I'll take a look at that link, many thanks!
Old 30 September 2023, 19:12   #4
kriz

Next up in Denmark is: https://trsac.dk (20 – 22 October – Aarhus, Denmark)