English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 22 September 2021, 19:46   #201
r6stu

Hi, for some reason I can only get igame 1.6b running on my system, when I install version 2, and run it, nothing loads.

If I copy over by hand all the old files they run with no issues.
Old 23 September 2021, 12:57   #202
walkero

@r6stu
Thank you for this message. Please, install iGame v2 to a different folder than the old one and help me help you run it.

After you install it open a shell into that folder and run iGame from there. If there are libraries missing, you will see some messages there of what exactly needs to be installed.

Also, if this is a problem of missing GuiGfx library, you can disable it from the application tooltypes.

And, finally, try to use snoopdos to figure out if anything is failing.

If you are not that familiar with AmigaOS or how to find missing libraries and how to debug issues, I would recommend you join me at my twitch streams, every Friday at 7:30 CET at https://twitch.tv/walkerogr, or have a look at my previous ones at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...v5z5T6zvaa47U5

Feel free to send here your findings, so for me to help you get it running.
Old 28 September 2021, 13:45   #203
rabidgerry

So does anyone know how to stabilize the layout of V2 then? As I posted a while ago, my layout goes all messed up if I don't happen to have artwork installed for a game in the folder. The boxes all shift over to the right and then all I can see is the list of games then in the left hand pane. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 28 September 2021, 14:01   #204
walkero

@rabidgerry
if you are using MUI 5, by saving the window size by it's menus it should save the size of the right column. This way it shouldn't change no matter the size of the image.

The other way is to install GuiGfx libraries and set from the preferences a specific size for the screenshots. This should work fine.
Old 28 September 2021, 14:10   #205
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkero View Post
@rabidgerry
if you are using MUI 5, by saving the window size by it's menus it should save the size of the right column. This way it shouldn't change no matter the size of the image.

The other way is to install GuiGfx libraries and set from the preferences a specific size for the screenshots. This should work fine.
I think I installed GuigFX libraries originally to get this working but I've never toyed with that at all. I will have a rummage around and see if I can find preferences, I only remember adding the library. Not sure MUI I have, I'll need to check that also. I will get back to you Thanks
Old 29 September 2021, 11:31   #206
rabidgerry

Hmmm I only have MUI 3.8, would this be an issue?

I literally have no idea what options controls the picture window though in order to keep on the little igame pic with pacman and superfog for those games I have no artwork for.

I thought I was being clever when I copied the iGame (I still have iGame v1.6 installed in a different directory of course) MUI prefs, deleted the iGame2 prefs and cfg and then used the copies but renamed them iGame2.prefs and iGame2.cfg but alas it did nothing.
Old 29 September 2021, 12:19   #207
walkero

@rabidgerry
Can you please upload a screenshot so to be able to see the problem and understand it better?
Old 29 September 2021, 14:15   #208
rabidgerry

here you go

Old 29 September 2021, 14:29   #209
coldacid
WinUAE 4000/40, V4SA

Yeah that looks like what would happen for me when GuiGfx is turned off. Without it, the image shown always appears in its native size instead of a fixed size. IIRC MUI 3.8 doesn't support resizing images unless you explicitly use GuiGfx.

Do you have a NOGUIGFX tooltype in your iGame icon? If so, try removing it and then see what happens when you run iGame. If GuiGfx is properly installed, it should just work(tm) with a fixed size for the game images.
Old 29 September 2021, 14:57   #210
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldacid View Post
Yeah that looks like what would happen for me when GuiGfx is turned off. Without it, the image shown always appears in its native size instead of a fixed size. IIRC MUI 3.8 doesn't support resizing images unless you explicitly use GuiGfx.

Do you have a NOGUIGFX tooltype in your iGame icon? If so, try removing it and then see what happens when you run iGame. If GuiGfx is properly installed, it should just work(tm) with a fixed size for the game images.
Yes I have that however it is commented out with brackets around it. Or do you mean delete it altogether?
Old 29 September 2021, 18:44   #211
walkero

If it is commented out then it is fine. But also you have to check the same thing at the preferences window. I know it is a little bit confusing.

If you want to use GuiGfx, you have to set it up in the preferences, by checking it's box.

These things should work in a better way, and I will try to work on that to make it easier for everyone.
Old 30 September 2021, 09:54   #212
rabidgerry

Quote:
If it is commented out then it is fine. But also you have to check the same thing at the preferences window. I know it is a little bit confusing.

If you want to use GuiGfx, you have to set it up in the preferences, by checking it's box.

These things should work in a better way, and I will try to work on that to make it easier for everyone.

It's not your fault I dunno how to do stuff I tried messing with the MUI settings but I dunno what settings for windows works and what doesn't. There seems very little options to be honest and nothing that logically makes sense to me.

I can run guigfx then without any clash? Ok I'll give that a bash, any particular version?
Old 06 November 2021, 13:32   #213
Superman

I have the exact same issue as above now I upgraded to version 2.0. The Genre window is squashed up to the right hand side and the image area is just a small tiny square. The image area doesn't change even if I select a game that I know for sure has a screenshot available such as the recent Ms Pacman game. I can't run igame with NOGUIFX unticked because the program wont load at all then.

I am using Classicwb full if that makes a difference but the old vesion 1.6 seemed to run fine (just slower obviously).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	50593E47-119D-4605-8D9B-CA3BA904C00C.jpeg
Views:	107
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	73712  
Old 06 November 2021, 17:59   #214
walkero

Can you guys please test with the latest released version of GuiGfx (http://aminet.net/package/dev/misc/guigfxlib) if it works for you and make things better?
Old 06 November 2021, 18:30   #215
Superman

It’s exactly the same for me. I think that’s the same version I downloaded this morning and updated to anyway.

Snoopdos has these errors when loading
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3C817A21-09EA-4089-B4F0-A9E6457FDC66.jpeg
Views:	110
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	73721  

Last edited by Superman; 06 November 2021 at 18:36.
Old 15 November 2021, 15:06   #216
walkero

@superman
From the snoopdos screenshot you attached, it seems that you have issues with the picture.datatype that cannot be found.
Is it installed?
Can you see images with multiview?
Old 15 November 2021, 19:51   #217
rabidgerry

Quote:
Can you guys please test with the latest released version of GuiGfx (http://aminet.net/package/dev/misc/guigfxlib) if it works for you and make things better?
Totally missed this, however I will give a try later
Old 15 November 2021, 22:22   #218
Superman

Quote:
@superman
From the snoopdos screenshot you attached, it seems that you have issues with the picture.datatype that cannot be found.
Is it installed?
Can you see images with multiview?
I guess for some reason that file is not installed. If I try to view an iff file with multi view it says “unknown data type for igame.iff”

Not sure where to get that file from though.
Old 15 November 2021, 23:16   #219
coldacid
WinUAE 4000/40, V4SA

picture.datatype should be in SYS:Classes/DataTypes if you have Amiga OS 3.1 or newer. I'm not sure about 3.0 but it's probably in that version of the OS as well. There's an updated version on Aminet as well, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 15 November 2021, 23:40   #220
mrv2k

Where did you get the image set from? There's one set on EAB that are png files but named as iff.