English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 09 August 2012, 21:01   #1
kratam

IconX Error on Startup

Good Evening,
I am a relative noob when it comes to Amiga's but thought I would dip my toe in the water.

I have recently bought an Amiga 600 with 2.05 37.300 and separately purchased a copy of ADAPCMCFL, a PCMCIA with CF card and a 4GB Compact Flash hard drive with preloaded software from Amigakit.

My problems started on Monday night when I tried to repair a few of my original games that had developed read errors on my Amiga 500, all was going well when the ADAPCMCFL disk developed a read error itself.

Luckily I had installed easyadf to the hard disk before this. The ADAPCMCFL disk now only says DF:NDOS when its inserted, I think it may be beyond repair.

I have opened a support ticket with Amigakit in the hope of him emailing an adf copy over but I haven't heard anything back yet.

My problem is if he does send something over I wont be able to copy it to disk as the amiga now won't recongnise the CF card adapter. The error I am getting on startup is;

IconX
ERROR: Device 'CF0:' not found in file 'DEVS:MOUNTLIST'

followed by

System Request
Please insert volume
CF0
in any drive

Nothing else follows. I would greatly appreciate some help with this as I have very little experience.

Nb/ I have tried taking the CF harddisk out of the amiga and connecting it to my Windows XP laptop but it wants to format it as it cant recognise the disk.
Old 11 August 2012, 02:02   #2
emufan

a missing entry in mountlist for your device. i cannot give a solution, but maybe this package from aminet can help: http://aminet.net/package/driver/media/cfd
an extenstion gives fat support: http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/fat95

until someone gives better advice, you can test these packages.