English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Green Amiga Alien GUIDES

Old 10 August 2013, 01:09   #541
Amiten
Banned

Now all ok with Joystick but No sound , I have sound by SbLive in the system but not in the whdloads Games ? Any idea?
Old 22 December 2013, 00:34   #542
lumi

Hi guys,

I plan to build Amithlon machine. I read the whole thread page by page and everything I found on the net just to get as much information as possible.

Intel D945GCLF2 motherboard seems to be great mini-ITX mobo for Amithlon, but does network and sound work properly? And what about onboard graphics? Is it fully hardware accelerated?

Thank you very much.
Old 22 December 2013, 14:15   #543
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

No, it was me who posted about it.

Graphics VESA but I doubt you'd notice really. But if U like put a FX5200 in the PCI slot ;-)

Sound and network I believe are covered with Milancas drivers.. its been a LONG time
Old 22 December 2013, 15:58   #544
lumi

Thanks for response. I noticed that you was speaking about that board. I read that sound and network should work, but didn't find any info if these work properly. And nothing about the graphics. I will continue searching for the right board that is still possible to buy new nowadays.
Old 22 December 2013, 19:48   #545
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

That is more and more difficult.. Not sure how latest boards will cope.. Do let us know
Old 30 December 2013, 17:17   #546
themamboman

Yes, let us know if that mini-ITX board is compatible. I'm thinking of making another one (after my Dell c610 experiment, which worked very well).
Old 30 December 2013, 17:27   #547
lumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by themamboman View Post
Yes, let us know if that mini-ITX board is compatible. I'm thinking of making another one (after my Dell c610 experiment, which worked very well).
I am not going to buy it as nobody can confirm that it works 100%. I already ordered Asus A7V600 motherboard together with AMD Athlon XP 3000+, both NOS. I already have compatible network cards, SoudBlaster Live! and GeForce FX5200 graphics. As I am new in this I don't want to experiment at the beginning. I would like to build working system first and maybe later try other combinations.
Old 08 January 2014, 12:52   #548
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukassid View Post
I bought new shiny Gigabyte GA-C847N which I think will be a big hit.
Not sure if Amithlon, or Aros will work on this board just yet.
Did U ever try this? AROS should work fine... Amithlon maybe with 1, maybe 2Gb in a single DIMM but what can you report?

SHARE please!!
Old 27 January 2014, 13:36   #549
lumi

Asus A7V600 mobo I ordered showed to be faulty, so I bought ASROCK K7S41GX2 that was still available new in our local shop, just to try. I added AMD Athlon XP 3000+, GeForce FX5200, Sounblaster Live! and Realtek 8139 LAN card. To my surprise I was able to install Amithlon without any problems using Charlie's guide using Kernel 3.10. I installed AmigaOS 3.9, BB2, AmithlonUpdate and started to play with the rest. Graphics card works great with VGA and also DVI. What I was still not able to get working is sound and LAN.

Here I have some questions:

1. When installing AmithlonUpdate I am asked to replace sound and LAN drivers and also when installing BB2 to patch ROM. Should I do it?
2. How will I find out that my Soundblaster and LAN works? Are there any command line commands? I tried pcilist, these are listed there, but what that info is about?

That's for the beginning. I am sure I will have more questions later

Last edited by lumi; 28 January 2014 at 14:23.
Old 01 February 2014, 17:14   #550
lumi

No replies from anyone, so I continued playing with it and already got it working. I exchanged Soundblaster Live! for Soundblaster 128 and that one works with default drivers without any problems. I got LAN working too Now I need to find out, how to get games and demos working with E-UAE. Anybody got some tutorial?
Old 01 February 2014, 21:19   #551
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

I've picked up another D945GCLF2 and will soon get that on Amithlon again and will test with the driver packs.
Old 04 February 2014, 08:12   #552
lumi

I installed E-UAELoad_v1.31 without problems, but when installing Spaceballs State of the Art demo using "Install Game" I get some error stating "wrong number of argument". Does E-UAELoad_v1.31 work also with demos, or just with games and apps?
Old 24 February 2014, 23:51   #553
lumi

I tried the same also with games and I already get the same error "IconX: wrong set of arguments". Anybody here that would be able to help or this thread is already dead?
Old 06 May 2014, 14:25   #554
croupier

Question Amithlon on Presario 700 laptop..

I'm new here so I'm not familiar with old topics that might have already answered this issue...

Just started playing with my old laptop Presario 700 (AMD Duron, Audio: SoundMax; LAN: Realtek RTL8139)....and installed Amithlon on it (I always wanted to to have a laptop Amiga...)....it works and also the graphics are working OK on the max allowed by the monitor.....but unable to have the sound fixed and the USB (for now have not yet tried the LAN)...

Audio...Is Soundmax suported by on Amithlon? How to correctly set-up AHI for this set-up of mine?

USB...Tried Poseidon 4.0 on Amithlon but cannot get the USB ports to work....read somewhere that the last version that supported Amithlon was 3.8...is this correct? If yes....where can I find this last supported version?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06 May 2014, 14:46   #555
lumi

LAN should work without problems. As for the sound, sounblaster cards and AC97 sound is supported by default (Amithlon 3.10 if I remember correctly), I didn't find a time to chcek the latest version from milanca, there should be support for other modern devices, don't really know if there is support for SoundMax audio.
Old 15 May 2014, 19:01   #556
artbyte

USB is working with Poseidon 4.4, but not with the OnBoard-USB. You need a NEC-USB-Card :-) . Its working with arakattack.device and i mean OpenUSB.device.

On a laptop, it looks bad...

Best Regards,
artbyte

Old 29 July 2014, 13:40   #557
alpyre

@Lumi:

Hi There Lumi. I am the maker of E-UAELoad. Sorry for the late reply. I wasn't keeping up with this thread for some time. (You should have directly e-mailed me btw... )

The InstallGame Script in E-UAELoad package is ONLY for ""WHD"" games.

If you want your other applications (which can be demos, games{that are not WHD}, programs ect.) to work with it you must always configure them with the InstallApp script.
Old 29 July 2014, 13:49   #558
lumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpyre View Post
@Lumi:

Hi There Lumi. I am the maker of E-UAELoad. Sorry for the late reply. I wasn't keeping up with this thread for some time. (You should have directly e-mailed me btw... )

The InstallGame Script in E-UAELoad package is ONLY for ""WHD"" games.

If you want your other applications (which can be demos, games{that are not WHD}, programs ect.) to work with it you must always configure them with the InstallApp script.
Wow, thank you very much for your reply. I just thought this thread is already dead. I didn't really have a time to play with it further, I didn't switch on my Amithlon machine for a few months. I have a lot of other things to do. Hopefully I'll find a time to play with it soon. I'll get in touch with you in case of troubles. If I remember correctly, I was trying State of the Art demo, WHD version.
Old 24 September 2014, 13:23   #559
alpyre

Hello again Lumi.

Again sorry for the late reply.

If the script gives an error like "iconx : wrong set of arguments"... maybe the file name of the game includes "(" or ")" like characters... I couldn't think any other reason for that at the moment. I don't have my new Amithlon hardware working yet. The older one broke.
Old 24 September 2014, 13:25   #560
alpyre

Is there anyone out there that has tried an Emu10k2 sound card with the old Emu10k driver that we have in AHI?