English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinFellow

Old 28 June 2019, 16:37   #1
carfesh
WinFellow team

Floppy disk WinFellow 0.5.8 released

A new public release of WinFellow v0.5.8 has been uploaded to the downloads in the GitHub releases section. It had been published earlier as release candidate 1.

Compared to the earlier version 0.5.7, the following changes are included in this build:

New features:
  • support for RDB hardfiles was implemented; while creating a new hardfile from the WinFellow GUI still creates “plain” hardfiles, a Rigid Disk Block can be created using tools like HD Toolbox
    • the default naming scheme for filesystem devices has been changed from DHx: to FSx: to avoid naming conflicts with existing RDB hardfiles
  • a 64 bit build is now provided; the NSIS installer will install either the 32 or 64 bit version depending on the operating system that is used

Bug fixes:
  • improved handling of hardware interrupts and blitter delays; fixes freezes that could occur during installation of Workbench in earlier 0.5.x versions
  • fix wrong selection of render function after return from menu when application did not write to bplcon0 every frame; fixes garbled graphics in a Legend cracktro when returning from menu
  • replaced alternating patterns for unmapped memory with proper random numbers
  • CLR reads before write; fixes loading of Outrun and a fast-mem test in Last Ninja 2
  • improve delay caused by logging in screen-mode enumeration (could amount to many seconds with multiple screens)
  • running in an environment with very slow graphics framerate, like a VM, could cause a deadlock; set wait time after event reset to avoid race condition
  • fix an issue where screenshots would occasionally not be taken in Direct3D graphics mode; this may also have impacted the ability to use Amiga Forever’s clipping editor
  • fix an issue where applying a new model preset would leave multiple blitter radio buttons selected

Maintenance updates:
  • project files were updated to Visual Studio 2019 using the toolset v141_xp
  • the February 2010 DirectX SDK dependency was eliminated
  • IPF Access API files were updated to the latest version, and support for it was enabled in 64 bit builds

See the included file ChangeLog.txt for a full list of changes, including minor bug fixes which may not be listed above.

The release can be found here:

https://github.com/petschau/WinFellow/releases

Last edited by carfesh; 12 July 2019 at 09:18. Reason: release candidate promoted to public release
Old 28 June 2019, 17:24   #2
jbl007

Why does the emulation pause when the window lost focus? Is this a bug or a feature?
Old 28 June 2019, 17:30   #3
carfesh
WinFellow team

That's a feature, WinFellow has behaved that way for ages
Old 28 June 2019, 17:41   #4
jbl007

Ah, ok. I didn't know. I haven't used it since ages.
Not very multitasking friendly if you ask me, hehe. Are there plans to change this/make it configurable? There's plenty of space in the "various" tab.

Apart from minor gfx glitches, it seems to work quite well.
Old 28 June 2019, 17:45   #5
carfesh
WinFellow team

The intention of our release candidates is to catch any possible bugs before the final release. We wouldn't want to put any new features into this version 0.5.8 - but we are collecting topics for 0.5.9. I'll raise this as a possible enhancement in our issue tracker, we'll discuss this and see if we can make it configurable.

Great to hear that besides that, it is working for you!
Old 12 July 2019, 09:19   #6
carfesh
WinFellow team

Just a short update: since there was no negative test feeback we have promoted this release candidate to regular release status.
Old 30 July 2019, 01:41   #7
amigamia

Bug in presets

Hi there, was just playing around with Winfellow and when I selected amiga 500 in the presets, it keeps popping this error window. It won't let me close it by clicking on OK. I have to end-task it to get back in. I know I have to pre-select the kickstart but it should not prevent me from closing it and go back. Just FYI.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-07-29 193703.png
Views:	1937
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	63943
Old 31 July 2019, 08:33   #8
carfesh
WinFellow team

Thanks for letting us know about that issue with presets, I'll look into it for the next release.
Old 26 November 2019, 17:38   #9
Unkown
The Old Fart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigamia View Post
Hi there, was just playing around with Winfellow and when I selected amiga 500 in the presets, it keeps popping this error window. It won't let me close it by clicking on OK. I have to end-task it to get back in. I know I have to pre-select the kickstart but it should not prevent me from closing it and go back. Just FYI.

Attachment 63943

Do you have the keyfile for the encrypted rom file?

Or am i missing somthing my self????
Old 27 November 2019, 06:34   #10
carfesh
WinFellow team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkown View Post
Do you have the keyfile for the encrypted rom file?
I'm pretty sure the issue is in fact that the keyfile cannot be found.

Still, the emulator should not show this error message repeatedly - it's a bug that I'll have to look into. Not sure yet what exactly to do about it; if encrypted ROMs are present the keyfile will have to be located before attempting decryption. The goal when introducing the presets was to make configuration as minimalistic as possible; having to choose a keyfile first somewhat defeats that..
Old 08 January 2022, 20:51   #11
mkrleza

Man, I completely forgot about Fellow. In the DOS days, it was it or UAE...