English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 16 February 2009, 08:37   #1
Predabot

Audio Mods: How do I start, and what do I use? :)

Yup. I've recently come up with this idea that there is a need for an Amiga version of The Angry Video-game Nerd theme-song.

And such a version would of course be made on the best Audio-fitted Emulated Amiga possible, with the best possible Amiga Audio Mod program.

So, what do I need, lads? I have literally no idea how this works.

I'm guessing I need an ADF-file of some Amiga-Os tho, right?

Last edited by Predabot; 16 February 2009 at 08:46.
Old 16 February 2009, 08:43   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Just a question : Have you worked with Tracker programs before and just search the best one on the Miggy or do you start from scratch?
Old 16 February 2009, 08:46   #3
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Just a question : Have you worked with Tracker programs before and just search the best one on the Miggy or do you start from scratch?
Uhm, that's TWO questions mister
Old 16 February 2009, 08:47   #4
Predabot

Complete scratch mate, complete scratch.

Or well, I suppose I started and fooled around for like 30 minutes with something called Audio DJ or some such for the Windows yeeears ago.
Old 16 February 2009, 08:55   #5
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
Complete scratch mate, complete scratch.

Or well, I suppose I started and fooled around for like 30 minutes with something called Audio DJ or some such for the Windows yeeears ago.
Well then I guess you should start with ProTracker first Try to find an ADF of it (if not I'll upload something later). You can make your songs and save them to a disk for the start.

Edit : There should be a help file available. Check this thread : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=16882

@IC
Boring monday morning, isn't it?
Old 16 February 2009, 09:02   #6
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
@IC
Boring monday morning, isn't it?
Not at all. Dricking Coca Cola Light (ftw btw), eating some ribs, watching Stargate Atlantis s5 ep 20-21 (again). Taking pauses now and again working on my latest game (coding).

Waiting for the sun to come so I can go out with my notepad and pen and think of stuff to type down :P
Old 16 February 2009, 09:16   #7
Predabot

Yeah... it's a slow morning. I'm waiting for the radio broadcast of the biggest Anti-piracy court-case in history, having stayed up since 21.00 hours yesterday.

And around 10.00 I'm supposed to go over and cheer up a mate that's fucked up a relationship with one of his girlfriend.

Ain't unemployment somethin'?

I'll check out that program Druid. How do I save my work to an emulated empty disc ADF-file then? Is that covered in the help-file? I guess it is.

Last edited by Predabot; 16 February 2009 at 09:27.
Old 16 February 2009, 09:19   #8
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
I'll check out that program Druid. How do I save my work to an emulated empty disc ADF-file then? Is that covered in the help-file? I guess it is.
There should be a 'Disk operations' or 'Save' button somewhere Have to see myself to tell you for sure (damn, it's really a long time ago ).
Old 16 February 2009, 09:33   #9
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
I just OT:ed the thread so havn't read everything, but if you are doing your work in WinUAE, just save your work to a PC folder, so you can access it from windows if you would like.... don't save it on ADF or amiga hd (HDF). Just make a folder on your PC harddrive somewhere and mount that folder as a harddrive within WinUAE.
Old 16 February 2009, 09:47   #10
Predabot

Jeez! These old programs are really small... it's only 300k!

This will certainly be interesting to try out. Do I need an Amiga OS 3.1/3.5 ADF to use it, or do I just plug it in, and it runs straight out of the box?

OK, I dl-ed version 3.61, which seems to be the last version, which might logically be the best version.

And really?? I can load a certain folder as an HD? I've been reluctant to use the whole HD thing, but if it's nothing special, and really simple like that, then I guess that's the smartest thing.

What do I use to convert the results to Wav when I'm done btw? Wav is easy to convert to Ogg and Mp3 so that's why I'm asking.

Last edited by Predabot; 16 February 2009 at 10:53.
Old 16 February 2009, 09:51   #11
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Erm, which version have you got? Bit hard to tell without knowing that Also does your version come on an ADF or is it only the program so you have to put it on a HD? I would also mount a Windows directory as a HD in WinUAE. Have a look here about how to put WB on it then : http://guide.abime.net/wbsetup.htm
Old 16 February 2009, 10:58   #12
Predabot

It's Pro Tracker 3.61 in ADF-format. Got it from Planet Emulation. ( those lovely French... whatever shall they think of next?)
Old 16 February 2009, 11:05   #13
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Well we Germans also have something to offer : http://protracker.de/pages/index_app...miga/tracker/0 I can help you to translate some parts of the guide if you have specific questions. Hope you already found a way to save your work.
Old 16 February 2009, 11:35   #14
Predabot

Hey lads, I just tried to load the ADF with Pro Tracker just straight out of the box, like I would load a game, and well I got an error-message from AMIGA-DOS.

"LoadWB failed Returncode 20"

What's this supposed to mean then? It needs WorkBench/Amiga OS?
Old 16 February 2009, 11:38   #15
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I would guess you tried it with a A500 quickstart? Try a A1200 quickstart and see if it loads then
Old 16 February 2009, 11:44   #16
Predabot

Yup, I used the A500. Trying the A1200.

That did it!! Ok... clicked the disk, and now I see three things, Pro Tracker Guide, Pro Tracker and Pro Tracker_000.

I'm guessing the Pro Tracker would be the actual program.

Ok, here we go, program running. Hmm... now what?
Old 16 February 2009, 11:45   #17
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
I'm guessing the Pro Tracker would be the actual program.
Yup, go ahead and try it finally
Old 16 February 2009, 11:55   #18
Predabot

Um... How do I make sounds? There doesn't seem to be any library of like drum-rolls and stuff to load...

Is there some way to load in a whole set of guitarr-tabs btw? I've got this set of tabs for the AVGN song, so that would be really neat, to just punch that into the program, even if I have to do it one chord at a time.

Last edited by Predabot; 16 February 2009 at 12:13.
Old 16 February 2009, 12:17   #19
Predabot

Hey Retro, what kind of format is this guide in?? Is it some kind of Amiga-format? I can open the guide-files no prob in Windows via Notepad, but the formating is shot all to hell ,so it's unreadable.

EDIT: WOrdpad or word had no problem tho. Huh.
Old 16 February 2009, 12:54   #20
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Is there some way to load in a whole set of guitarr-tabs btw? I've got this set of tabs for the AVGN song, so that would be really neat, to just punch that into the program, even if I have to do it one chord at a time.
If you include a mapped Windows folder as DH0: and copy the samples in there you can use them. They have to be 8-bit and I think 8Khz (could be 11Khz, not sure).