English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 31 March 2021, 11:43   #1
Loki762

Game details for "Retroplay WHDLoad Packs"?

I am looking in to compiling a game collection of all games from Grandis.nu "Retroplay WHDLoad Packs" collection. I will use this pack together with my Amiga 1200 and the Arcade Game Selector 2, which I find the most pleasing for the eyes :-)

I then found a "games_details.csv" that contains a list of details for a lot of games and demos... I think I got it from HstWB Installer v1.4.2 but I am not 100% sure (it has more columns than this):

With the CSV/list in hand, I can compile e.g. this output on my Amiga:

The game list is though not complete at all and e.g. a popular game like "SimCity" is not in the CSV - at least not the same one from Retroplay and there are a ton of other games available in Retroplay, which are not in the CSV.

My question is ... iwhat is the best way to get a list of details for this game pack? Is there somewhere I can download a better CSV/list or can I pull it somewhere programmatically?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic1.jpg
Views:	1505
Size:	271.8 KB
ID:	71472   Click image for larger version

Name:	Game1.jpg
Views:	1377
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	71473   Click image for larger version

Name:	Game2.jpg
Views:	1398
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	71474  
Old 11 April 2021, 11:57   #2
RoC

Nice project. AGS2 is also my favourite launcher. It would be great if you could release the script, when you feel it would be the right moment

I am not sure whether this helps, however another list is available on the WHDLoad site

whdload.de/games.csv
Old 17 April 2021, 14:23   #3
Loki762

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoC View Post
Nice project. AGS2 is also my favourite launcher. It would be great if you could release the script, when you feel it would be the right moment
I am not sure if my source is helpful for that many, as it is a mix of Linux Bash scripts and PHP... and it has not been made user-friendly ;-)

Thanks for the list. It has not much info but I assume it can be used in case I do not have any other info.
Old 17 April 2021, 19:12   #4
mrv2k

What info do you want in the CSV? I have a complete json database of the current Retroplay WHDLoad set. Let me know what you want and I'll make a CSV file for you. I'll probably release it publicly when I update my image collection.
Old 18 April 2021, 00:21   #5
Loki762

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrv2k View Post
What info do you want in the CSV? I have a complete json database of the current Retroplay WHDLoad set. Let me know what you want and I'll make a CSV file for you. I'll probably release it publicly when I update my image collection.
These columns would be nice:
  • AGS name (title)
  • Hardware (OCS/ECS, AGA or CD32)
  • Entry name (directory)
  • Entry slave file
  • Memory needed
  • Language
  • NTSC/PAL
  • License (Commercial
  • Is this a demo release (or official)
  • Size in bytes
  • Number of disks
  • Release year or date
  • Number of players
  • Publisher
  • Genre

This would be a good start but not sure you have it all? :-)

The image database sounds also quite interesting ;-) Which format is this? I need 320x128 IFF files.
Old 18 April 2021, 09:56   #6
mrv2k

I'll have a look. Theres a couple of thing I haven't got like the number of players, licence and size in bytes.

The images are available here

https://mega.nz/folder/6Qt2TDxb#pj5QZxmfHz3Wkfzb1ozXzw

and update 1 is here

https://mega.nz/folder/bY0kCIgZ#3aUn0QFCetFGsami2HFqJA

Update 2 will be up at the beginning of May with April's releases in it. There are a couple of archives are all scaled for AGS.
Old 18 April 2021, 11:06   #7
Loki762

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrv2k View Post
I'll have a look. Theres a couple of thing I haven't got like the number of players, licence and size in bytes.

The images are available here

https://mega.nz/folder/6Qt2TDxb#pj5QZxmfHz3Wkfzb1ozXzw

and update 1 is here

https://mega.nz/folder/bY0kCIgZ#3aUn0QFCetFGsami2HFqJA

Update 2 will be up at the beginning of May with April's releases in it. There are a couple of archives are all scaled for AGS.
This is an impressive collection of pictures for the games and it fits nicely with the new AGS2 feature, where it can have a slideshow of game pictures - thank you very much and I will for sure see how I can use this! :-)

Will there be a possibility to have this available for programmatically access? You mentioned a JSON file with game details and these pictures would be nice also to be able to fecth in a way that only will transfer the changed file (maybe via individual checksum or alike).

Getting these new pictures, could probably make it fun for me to make a public release of my own "update my AGS2 collection".
Old 18 April 2021, 11:09   #8
Viceroy

What happens when the WHDload is updated nearly everyday?
Old 18 April 2021, 11:25   #9
Turran

Thats why I made the WHDLoad downloader, to keep your collection updated without having to deal with complicated programs. Its in /WHDLoad_Packs on the FTP

=)
Old 18 April 2021, 11:29   #10
Loki762

It would be nice if the game detals and pictures, in various formats, could somehow be updated to Grandis.nu, to have everything sourced in one place and hopefully with community support for updates. But I am not sure if this will be possible as it will require a "driver" to setup this and it is probably not a trivial task.
Old 18 April 2021, 11:42   #11
Viceroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
Thats why I made the WHDLoad downloader, to keep your collection updated without having to deal with complicated programs. Its in /WHDLoad_Packs on the FTP

=)
Ah right, I need to look into that thanks, I've been doing it manually with the dats ;-)
Old 18 April 2021, 15:14   #12
mrv2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki762 View Post
It would be nice if the game detals and pictures, in various formats, could somehow be updated to Grandis.nu, to have everything sourced in one place and hopefully with community support for updates. But I am not sure if this will be possible as it will require a "driver" to setup this and it is probably not a trivial task.
The image archives are already on the ftp in my folder. /~Uploads/mrv2k/. To have the individual files on the FTP at the moment would be a nightmare as there are approx 72000 of them when the original set is converted into the various formats. That's why I update the sets every month and release them as packs.

Just looking at the moment there are only 17 new WHDLoad updates so far in April. I've already got them prepared.

Old 18 April 2021, 18:53   #13
Viceroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post

=)
Just tried this, excellent thanks ;-)