English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 19 December 2020, 21:15   #101
White

sorry again :-)
so to test warp3D what should i do?
or just launch some games and choose an opengl (minigl)
thanks for any advice
Old 19 December 2020, 21:17   #102
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Assuming warptest starts in your config, what mode does it want? What does the mode requester list?
Warptest shows a mode requester but the Engine demo shows no modeid found.

Actually, the mediator w3d drivers dont come with the demo files so maybe there is a compatibility issue with them (not knowing about the voodoo when they were written). If i can find the voodoo card ill mess around with the amiga tommorow.

Edit: also note env settings.

PowerPC/gfxaddr= $52000000 (This matches memspace1 in pciinfo and is what w3d installer finds.)
PowerPC/Force=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	warptest.png
Views:	104
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	69995  
Old 19 December 2020, 21:22   #103
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu_the_monkey View Post
are you sure you have the correct driver 'W3D_Picasso96.Library' in Libs/Warp3D/GFXdrivers?
I get that error when i use the standard warp3d version but it works when using the elbox version.
they are both v4.2 so the only way to check is the size

standard warp3d v4.2 = 38664 bytes
elbox mediator v4.2 = 39216 bytes

the first 2 pics are with the elbox version and the last is with the standard version

br
It was wrong version but why mmcd does not install it? I copied it manually and now it asks for resolution and then it crashes.

Amiga 3D software install and support IS TOTAL GARBAGE! (EDIT: as in no error checks, just crash if something is wrong!)
Old 19 December 2020, 21:36   #104
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Quote:
EDIT: as in no error checks, just crash if something is wrong!
This is just as true today with modern software. I spent hours trying to get Homefront and Homefront revolution to run due to it wanting very specific versions of phyx software and not telling me what it wants and multiple versions cant co exist! Wolfenstein 2 did it as well when i didn't have the exact vulkan dll files it wanted and refused to start.
Old 19 December 2020, 21:44   #105
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White View Post
@Toni
I apologize for the request the system is configured for voodoo3
warp3D 4.2a was downloaded from the hyperion site
i have never used warp3D with 4.1FE i don't want to get wrong version to install

which version of warp3D should be installed in 4.1FE
thanks

It comes with OS 4 - NATIVE PPC, so it won't work for PPC "Classic" games. You have to use "work arounds" for those. Not worth it - not in emulation. Only if you have X5000 or some AmigaOne.

Back to topic.
Old 19 December 2020, 21:45   #106
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I guess I need some ready-made Voodoo + Mediator + Warp3D HDF as usual (and as minimal as possible) Contact me privately if you have one.
Old 19 December 2020, 21:47   #107
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu_the_monkey View Post
are you sure you have the correct driver 'W3D_Picasso96.Library' in Libs/Warp3D/GFXdrivers?
I get that error when i use the standard warp3d version but it works when using the elbox version.
they are both v4.2 so the only way to check is the size

standard warp3d v4.2 = 38664 bytes
elbox mediator v4.2 = 39216 bytes

the first 2 pics are with the elbox version and the last is with the standard version

br

That's what I noticed also. After checking the Warp3D archive from Elbox I realized it HAS been updated but same version. That's when I was able to get hardware screen modes.
Old 19 December 2020, 21:52   #108
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
It comes with OS 4 - NATIVE PPC, so it won't work for PPC "Classic" games. You have to use "work arounds" for those. Not worth it - not in emulation. Only if you have X5000 or some AmigaOne.

Back to topic.
I'm not sure what you are saying here. Warp3D 5 is included in Aos4 and compatable with current w3d v4 games supporting Permedia2 and voodoo. There are a few aos4 scene demos but these seem to demand the Radeon drivers. Wipeout for instance plays slightly faster and smoother on my BVision using aos4 and is already working better in emulation than with os3 at this time.

@toni, make sure you set the env vars i wrote above. should stop the freezing when selecting the 3d screen mode. I don't know if it makes a difference or not but i am using p96 2.1b as it is listed as the supported version in warp3d docs. Anything after that is a roll of the dice
Old 19 December 2020, 21:52   #109
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
It was wrong version but why mmcd does not install it? I copied it manually and now it asks for resolution and then it crashes.

Amiga 3D software install and support IS TOTAL GARBAGE! (EDIT: as in no error checks, just crash if something is wrong!)

Just crash or hang...Uh-huh!!! I went through trials trials with this stuff - win WinUAE and real A4000+CSPPC+CVisionPPC. Part of being an Amiga die-hard in some respects, ha! You're encountering what I did about 30 minutes ago. I noticed on Elbox Site about Warp3D...and had an "OOHh!!" moment.
Old 19 December 2020, 21:54   #110
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt View Post
I'm not sure what you are saying here. Warp3D 5 is included in Aos4 and compatable with current w3d v4 games supporting Permedia2 and voodoo. There are a few aos4 scene demos but these seem to demand the Radeon drivers. Wipeout for instance plays slightly faster and smoother on my BVision using aos4 and is already working better in emulation than with os3 at this time.

That's why I was clarifying about AmigaOne.. With A4000 Wipeout will function with OS 4.
Old 19 December 2020, 21:59   #111
White

@AC/DC HACKER!
Thanks for the explanation
even if I'm confused :-)
I'm more interested in a graphic support for 4.1FE and that gives speed as when using uaegfx but with a higher speed.
Maybe I understand now why there is little interest in this kind of development from Toni but I could be wrong.

In reality, 3d in the form of an opengl never existed on the amiga :-)
Old 19 December 2020, 22:00   #112
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Just crash or hang...Uh-huh!!! I went through trials trials with this stuff - win WinUAE and real A4000+CSPPC+CVisionPPC. Part of being an Amiga die-hard in some respects, ha! You're encountering what I did about 30 minutes ago. I noticed on Elbox Site about Warp3D...and had an "OOHh!!" moment.
It is still crap and it still crashes. It even tries to install demo files but there is no demos included with the archive!
Old 19 December 2020, 22:06   #113
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Quote:
We had CyberGL when the CVision3D was released although i Don't know of any software using it. StormMESA is an OpenGL implementation for both 68k and ppc providing software emulated and hardware acceleration. Used in a few scene demos but not a lot else but it does exist. A lot of developers had lost interest in the Amiga by this point though.
Old 19 December 2020, 22:17   #114
White

yes I followed the thing a bit but many years ago

if it is of interest by reading an old article in Italian it is basically explained that elbox did not find agreements at the time with the picasso developers.
And so they did a reverse-engineering of picasso software at the moment it is always written that the best picasso drivers for voodoo were 1.43 after these the code was rewritten for later versions of picasso but without any optimization.

here the complete article if it is of interest, with some instructions:
http://w1.diff.org/diff/sei/medfull.shtml
Old 20 December 2020, 00:03   #115
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
@AC/DC HACKER!
Thanks for the explanation
even if I'm confused :-)
I'm more interested in a graphic support for 4.1FE and that gives speed as when using uaegfx but with a higher speed.
Maybe I understand now why there is little interest in this kind of development from Toni but I could be wrong.

My replies assumed you were seeking to install Warp3D 4.x or 5.x to OS 4 and those are 68K related. So they'd cause even more slowdown in emulation, to emulation. I should have been more clear.
Old 20 December 2020, 00:52   #116
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Hardware isn't yet functional here. I've tried Payback 68K.. The prefs will allow enabling Hardware but a requester won't show to pick a screen. 2D (software) screens look decent, with a couple "hesitations"..I'll record a log soon.

Payback to me works great, tested 1024x768 on my AfA One

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 24 December 2020 at 23:54.
Old 20 December 2020, 01:21   #117
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Payback to me works great, tested 1024x768 on my AfA One

That's 2D software mode, not emulated hardware.
Old 20 December 2020, 01:25   #118
AMIGASYSTEM

I don't understand, have you seen the request with the available resolutions Voodoo!
Old 20 December 2020, 01:52   #119
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
I don't understand, have you seen the request with the available resolutions Voodoo!

Yep. The blue picture shows a requester with 8-Bit screen modes listed. Hardware mode is 15-Bit or higher. Payback looks different in Hardware modes.
Old 20 December 2020, 02:08   #120
AMIGASYSTEM

Ok thanks now I understand !