English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 09 March 2007, 07:14   #1
qix77

Amiga Game Review Videos

Hi everyone. I've been making a few classic Amiga 500 game review videos on YouTube and so far I have a few up. I just wanted to share with the community what I have so far and hope to get some positive feedback.

I will soon be doing reviews for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive in about a month and then I'll switch back and forth between systems. I hope you like them.

Here are the links.

Turrican 2
[ Show youtube player ]

Speedball 2
[ Show youtube player ]

Nitro
[ Show youtube player ]

Wrath of the Demon
[ Show youtube player ]

If you are interested in my YouTube channel, check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/qix77

I will be making more. It's sort of a side project that I've been working on lately and have been getting some good responses.

Thanks everyone.

Old 09 March 2007, 09:50   #2
frikilokooo

I want more IMMEDIATELY reviews!,nice job.
Old 09 March 2007, 19:54   #3
StrategyGamer
Total Chaos AGA is fun!

We want more AMIGA reviews!

More more more!!!

How do you record your gamevideo?
You are using real machines not Amiga Virtual Machines, true? I am afraid of AVM giving inaccurate results. I am asking because your Wrath of the Demon video looked a bit dodgy really.
Old 09 March 2007, 20:24   #4
Legerdemain

The Turrican II review was interesting to watch (it's the only one I've watched so far, actually)! Yes, a lovely game from finish to start worth every inch of praise it gets... and those that don't understand the greatness of Turrican II, or the importance of the game in general, well... they just don't... uhm... get it! ;-)

Concerning the review, it really felt more of a presentation than a review... but that's okay, though... I was missing some sort of comments on the music and the technical marvels of the game (which is almost half of the deal concerning Turrican II, according to me).

To me Turrican II is the, without doubt, best Amiga game there is. If trying really hard to find something to complain about that would be the fact the game is way to easy (to me). I have completed it without dying one single life... and last time I played it through I had 37 lives in reserve when the credits started to roll. Not much of a challange once one gets to know the levels... but, in all honesty, I couldn't bother less since every minute spent with the game feels like being in heaven.

No, wait... there's one more thing to complain about... and that would be the fact that I can't think of one single platformer on the Amiga that could rival the presentation that Turrican II has to offer... James Pond II - Robocod, Brian the Lion, Chuck Rock II and Lionheart are all really really great games... but competing with Turrican II, well, they do not... so, yes, just like you said... Turrican II isn't exactly the best game to start with if one never has been in contact with the Amiga before... chances are that the experience never will be matched again...
Old 10 March 2007, 10:10   #5
qix77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legerdemain
The Turrican II review was interesting to watch (it's the only one I've watched so far, actually)! Yes, a lovely game from finish to start worth every inch of praise it gets... and those that don't understand the greatness of Turrican II, or the importance of the game in general, well... they just don't... uhm... get it! ;-)
Wow.. Thanks so much, buddy... and I agree...

Quote:
Concerning the review, it really felt more of a presentation than a review... but that's okay, though... I was missing some sort of comments on the music and the technical marvels of the game (which is almost half of the deal concerning Turrican II, according to me).
I know how you feel. I wanted to express the same thing so much.. Mainly the music because it trully is a marvel to behold. However, I was press with real-life issues and it sort of kept me from it since I was pressed for time... but you make a great observation.

Quote:
To me Turrican II is the, without doubt, best Amiga game there is. If trying really hard to find something to complain about that would be the fact the game is way to easy (to me). I have completed it without dying one single life... and last time I played it through I had 37 lives in reserve when the credits started to roll. Not much of a challange once one gets to know the levels... but, in all honesty, I couldn't bother less since every minute spent with the game feels like being in heaven.
Wow... I soooooooooooo agree. It's one of the very very few platformers ever made with such a great replay value. As you can tell in my review that my heart was too involved... that is why it may seem like a presentation rather than a review.

Quote:
No, wait... there's one more thing to complain about... and that would be the fact that I can't think of one single platformer on the Amiga that could rival the presentation that Turrican II has to offer... James Pond II - Robocod, Brian the Lion, Chuck Rock II and Lionheart are all really really great games... but competing with Turrican II, well, they do not... so, yes, just like you said... Turrican II isn't exactly the best game to start with if one never has been in contact with the Amiga before... chances are that the experience never will be matched again...
You know your Amiga games rather well. Thanks so much for your feed back. I think that we share a lot of the same emotional attachement.

If you get the chance, check out my other videos... They are more goofy and I really hope you like them too.... Thanks so much for the feed back..