English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 12 February 2011, 00:52   #1
Gaula92

Looking SuperFrog ADFs without cracktro

I've been looking all around but I can't find them!
That's it. Since SuperFrof is legally downloadable in Team17's page, I believe it's legal to ask for souch thing.

Is there an ADF set for SuperFrog with disabled cracktro? It's one of the games I play A LOT on my Amigas / Minimig and I'm fed up with the cracktro / trainer stuff I never use in this game...

Talking about adfs here, not IPS files. The Minimig supports ADFs only.

thanks!!
Old 14 February 2011, 09:24   #2
MethodGit

Can the Minimig run extended ADFs? It's possible to convert a set of Superfrog IPFs into eADFs and it'll run marvellously.
Old 14 February 2011, 10:04   #3
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

MethodGit: If you can crack copylocks, I'm sure disabling an intro should be a doddle for you to help him out.
Old 14 February 2011, 11:25   #4
MethodGit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
MethodGit: If you can crack copylocks, I'm sure disabling an intro should be a doddle for you to help him out.

I'd look into it, but a) I'm at work atm (ssshhh!), and b) I'm actually without a computer for the time being anyway due to a key component seemingly going "clonk" as of this morning.

You or anyone else can feel free to step in for the time being.
Old 14 February 2011, 11:37   #5
marty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaula88@hotmail View Post
I've been looking all around but I can't find them!
That's it. Since SuperFrof is legally downloadable in Team17's page, I believe it's legal to ask for souch thing.

Is there an ADF set for SuperFrog with disabled cracktro? It's one of the games I play A LOT on my Amigas / Minimig and I'm fed up with the cracktro / trainer stuff I never use in this game...

Talking about adfs here, not IPS files. The Minimig supports ADFs only.

thanks!!
In The Zone
Old 14 February 2011, 12:07   #6
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

I'm a little perplexed as to how much of an 'inconvenience' a simple mouse button press can be!
Old 14 February 2011, 12:21   #7
seuden
uber cool demi god

It's not really an inconvenience but I can see the advantage for emulators on console users. But meh!
Old 14 February 2011, 16:21   #8
Gaula92

Whoho!!!!!!

Thanks, Marty! You made my valentine's day with this one

@Galahad: it's not a nuissance but you know, I had the original SuperFrog disks back in the day and I didn't have to click the mouse to play. It was just like: turn on the Amiga, put in the disk, let the fun begin!

@All: is there any kind of Amiga no-intro project or adf collection somewhere? Just out of curiosity... I know about CAPS, but Minimig doesn't like CAPS images.
Old 14 February 2011, 17:07   #9
marty
Banned

Quote:
Whoho!!!!!!

Thanks, Marty! You made my valentine's day with this one

@Galahad: it's not a nuissance but you know, I had the original SuperFrog disks back in the day and I didn't have to click the mouse to play. It was just like: turn on the Amiga, put in the disk, let the fun begin!

@All: is there any kind of Amiga no-intro project or adf collection somewhere? Just out of curiosity... I know about CAPS, but Minimig doesn't like CAPS images.
Post a list of games, and I'll see what I can do
Old 14 February 2011, 17:20   #10
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
@All: is there any kind of Amiga no-intro project or adf collection somewhere?
There is a 'No Intro' set for Amiga, but they use IPFs as well.
Old 14 February 2011, 17:21   #11
deicidal
Registered Insane

I know its a long time ago but isnt this slightly disrespectful to the people who spent there time removing the protection in the first place
Old 14 February 2011, 17:26   #12
marty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deicidal View Post
I know its a long time ago but isnt this slightly disrespectful to the people who spent there time removing the protection in the first place
Are you joking ?
What about the fellas spending a few years making the GAME
Old 14 February 2011, 17:28   #13
seuden
uber cool demi god

Haha!! deicidal! Really?
Old 14 February 2011, 17:38   #14
deicidal
Registered Insane

hmmmm obviously not the most popular opinion then, on a slightly different note i also seem to remember been told that a certain cracker at one point had started putting check routines in to make sure the cracktro was still there due to him getting annoyed with trainer makers removing it, dont know if thats true or not though
Old 14 February 2011, 17:42   #15
marty
Banned

Quote:
hmmmm obviously not the most popular opinion then, on a slightly different note i also seem to remember been told that a certain cracker at one point had started putting check routines in to make sure the cracktro was still there due to him getting annoyed with trainer makers removing it, dont know if thats true or not though
I've seen Eurosoft done that.
Old 14 February 2011, 18:23   #16
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
My thoughts exactly. If it wasn't for the crackers a lot of people would not have been able to play the games since they would never have bought them anyway.

Quote:
Some coders/crackers protected their intros (Red Baron/BSI and Eurosoft/lots of groups spring to mind), often the code to crack the game was in the crack intro, while not really a protection as such, removing the intro would make the game crash for obvious reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty View Post
Are you joking ?
What about the fellas spending a few years making the GAME
They still have their credits in the game.
Old 14 February 2011, 23:06   #17
Gaula92

Hey Stingray & others, I didn't mean to offend any old-times cracker!
In fact, I've used countless cracked Amiga games back in the day, and I loved the cracktros, in some cases even more than the games themself. But I wanted my SuperFrog experience intact in the Minimig, that's all

BTW: where you able to take a look at that HDF-installed Cannon Fodder so I can use it in the Minimig? Remember, it only saved in UAE without cycle-exact 68K emulation...
but not in a real 68k like the one in the MInimig
Old 15 February 2011, 09:58   #18
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

I must admit that when I used to play Street Fighter 2 cracked by Crystal, that intro drove me insane! You had to be holding down the right mouse button at the end of a page of text (which took ages to appear) to exit the intro. Incredibly annoying when you had 2 joysticks plugged in for a 2 player match and you have to switch a mouse in to skip the stupid cracktro!
Old 15 February 2011, 12:17   #19
deicidal
Registered Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Some coders/crackers protected their intros (Red Baron/BSI and Eurosoft/lots of groups spring to mind), often the code to crack the game was in the crack intro, while not really a protection as such, removing the intro would make the game crash for obvious reasons.
Actually someone told me that n.o.m.a.d had start doing a check must have been round the nemesis/ministry days but i cant for the life of me remember who told me this, something i always meant to get round to checking out but never have, like i said i treated this nugget of information with a large dose of hmmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
I must admit that when I used to play Street Fighter 2 cracked by Crystal, that intro drove me insane! You had to be holding down the right mouse button at the end of a page of text (which took ages to appear) to exit the intro. Incredibly annoying when you had 2 joysticks plugged in for a 2 player match and you have to switch a mouse in to skip the stupid cracktro!
Yeh some of the Melon cracktros where a tad OTT, very nice to look at though.

Last edited by deicidal; 15 February 2011 at 12:30.
Old 15 February 2011, 13:08   #20
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Sorry for going off-Topic wasnt the Crystal Crack just some borring text - You had to wait a while before you could quit.
Hope I dont get hurt here but what was the Deal with having to press the mouse button and not Fire?

Last edited by Retro1234; 15 February 2011 at 13:14.