English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 12 November 2020, 18:14   #141
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Ok for some reason when I quit from AGS it causes winuae to HALT3 it has never done this before but does now. Nothing has changed in my config at all.
Old 21 November 2020, 11:29   #142
BanisterDK

I tried to setup AGS2 but everytime I start AGS2, it just go black and I have to restart system

No configuration done only an assign ags: sys:ags

The 2 iff files is in the folder where AGS is assigned
background=AGS:AGAwide-background.iff
empty_screenshot=AGS:AGAWide-empty.iff

Files in AGS folder:
AGS2
AGS2.conf
AGS2Helper
AGS2Menu

I also have a folder called allgames.ags in where I have folders 0-9 and A-Z where everygame has the 3 files for each game that should start

Am I missing something here ?
Old 27 January 2021, 18:14   #143
t3v6

Can anyone evaluate the special needs for easymod when emulated?
Works nice on beefed up PC with WinUAE

I am trying to use AGS2 on my Pi4/400. It´s the perfect WHDLoad frontend for a little portable game machine, thanks for that!

But the easymod MOD player is causing heavy emulator overload, and MODs are barely more than a few samples dripping here and there from the speakers.

"state of the art" MOD in launcher is impossible to recognize.
Still, the WHDload demo itself runs fine.

What is so special about the easymod player (even on a plain emulated CLI prompt) that makes the emulator almost useless?
...turn off music in AGS2 launcher: All good.

Any other MODplayer I could try instead? I can modify AGS scripts, as long as CTRL-C works with the alternative player.
Old 29 March 2021, 16:40   #144
Loki762

Is it a known problem that AGS2 does not work with a FFS partition - even the newest version from 2020-04-14?

I have created this thread, AGS2 only shows the first picture when browsing, where I refer a problem, that the screenshot will alsways only show the first picture it shows - no matter how much I scroll/browse, then it will always only show the first picture.

When reformatting my WHDLoad partition to PFS3-AIO, then everything works fine (exact same AGS2 setup) and the AGS2 entry shows its screenshot picture correctly.

I am using AmigaOS 3.1.4.1
Old 03 June 2021, 18:10   #145
Loki762

Would anyone be able to help with a compiled version of the newest available code base from https://github.com/MagerValp/ArcadeGameSelector, as this new version has a slideshow feature I would like to see how is working?

The official newest release version is from 2020-April-14.
Old 03 June 2021, 23:37   #146
wobbly

can anyone help out with a video on how to setup Ags2? ...
i would like to make a hdf full of pd Games. That are not in whdload ... would love to see a video on how to set up Ags2 thanks
Old 04 June 2021, 19:59   #147
StatMat
Code Fiddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki762 View Post
Would anyone be able to help with a compiled version of the newest available code base from https://github.com/MagerValp/ArcadeGameSelector, as this new version has a slideshow feature I would like to see how is working?

The official newest release version is from 2020-April-14.
Sure, I happen to have worked on the feature itself. You can grab it here. I agree the release should be updated on Github really.

You can see a simple demo of it in action here:

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 04 June 2021, 20:37   #148
klx300r

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatMat View Post
Sure, I happen to have worked on the feature itself. You can grab it here. I agree the release should be updated on Github really.

You can see a simple demo of it in action here:

[ Show youtube player ]
r
Thanks never tried AGS but intend to change that soon on my recently updated 1200 Tower with OS3.2
Old 27 July 2021, 08:50   #149
vatastala

Hi all,

I installed this fantastic software in my A600 via HstWB installer, I have a Furia card and everything seems perfect.

I tried to run SWOS in WHDLoad, tried different version, and I noticed that this not run smoothly as expected. I know that adding the "cache" parameter to the game icon and starting from the icon It runs very very well (preload parameter is setted as default). Even If I save the Icon with this parameter, when I run the same game from AGS2 It seems that the only parameter working is "preload", infact It runs again bad

Now, I noticed that there are "preferences" on the AGS2 menu, but I cannot see the "cache" option, there's only the "no cache" that is setted on "off", so I expect that "cache" must be added on run but don't works.

Someone that could help me on this? I don't want to start this fantastic game from the icon.

UPDATE: I have found a way to edit the preferences.cfg, and add a new entry ass I can add "cache" tooltype parameter.

Last edited by vatastala; 28 July 2021 at 09:15.
Old 28 July 2021, 17:31   #150
vatastala

What is the correct procedure to add a new game? As you know, day-by-day there are new whdload games or brand new games, and because I installed everything with HstWB installer, It made all automatically adding my game archive.

And now If I would to add a new game? Some one knows the necessary steps?
Old 21 October 2021, 23:58   #151
Aardvark

Sharing my AGS2 configs/screenshots for Retroplay's WHDLoad installs.
Based on MegaAGS, but heavily overhauled.
Game scripts have hotkey functionality to edit game specific WHDLoad launch options, and to view Readme/other game documents provided by WHDLoad slave author.

Separate packages for OCS and AGA.
OCS screenshots were handpicked (mostly from Lemon Amiga) to get most suitable candidate for 16 color 320x128 downsampling.
Not all of them are great, but some turned out not too awful:

Tested on A600 with KS3.1, 4MB Fast, and PFS3 aio filesystem.
https://mega.nz/folder/l9wwiDCY#xTp2L3BIiYO7qBYMxcn7aA

Last edited by Aardvark; 02 February 2022 at 19:10.
Old 25 October 2021, 00:45   #152
Nikoh77

Hello guys, installed (with amazing hstWB installer) and it work fine.
Is there a place where i can download extra skins?
Old 25 October 2021, 01:43   #153
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikoh77 View Post
Hello guys, installed (with amazing hstWB installer) and it work fine.
Is there a place where i can download extra skins?
Should have waited a bit longer, in the next update to hstWB there will be a selection of themes for AGS2 you can pick from
Old 26 October 2021, 19:32   #154
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Why was this called Arcade Game Selector not Amiga Game Selector, I think its more fitting... ?...
I still use this with Gary's CD32 200 Games Compilation CD, I still think its the best CD out there, I like its screen saver and AGS menu, it was the first time I used AGS before, AGS is the best one, a big thank you from me, a EAB oldtimer ...

The Amiga CD32 200 Games Compilation CD, AGS has categories too so like Racing, Platform, I think it looks better and easier than looking at a very long list of games.

Last edited by spannernick; 26 October 2021 at 21:28.
Old 26 October 2021, 19:38   #155
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
Sharing my AGS2 configs/screenshots for Retroplay's WHDLoad installs.
Based on MegaAGS, but heavily overhauled.
Game scripts have hotkey functionality to edit game specific WHDLoad options, and to view WHDLoad Readme/other documents.

Separate packages for OCS and AGA available.
OCS screenshots were handpicked (mostly from Lemon Amiga) to get most suitable candidate for 16 color 320x128 downsampling.
Not all of them are great, but some turned out not too awful:

Tested on A600 with KS3.1, 4MB Fast, and PFS3 aio filesystem.
https://mega.nz/folder/l9wwiDCY#xTp2L3BIiYO7qBYMxcn7aA
That looks nice... would that work if I add it as part of the Classic Workbench BMX drop down menu to run it, thats how I added Tiny Launcher ...?
Old 26 October 2021, 21:19   #156
Aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by spannernick View Post
That looks nice... would that work if I add it as part of the Classic Workbench BMX drop down menu to run it, thats how I added Tiny Launcher ...?
Sure you can run AGS2 via button menu, as long you're done prerequisites i've listed in the instructions.txt.
Old 30 October 2021, 02:38   #157
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
Sure you can run AGS2 via button menu, as long you're done prerequisites i've listed in the instructions.txt.
Nice work! I must have overlooked this. Just saw it on video about Spitfire demo and nice to see you've made a set up for this too. Hopefully try on A1200 and A600 set ups. Thank you both.
Old 08 November 2021, 20:07   #158
spannernick
Retro Nuts

I am using Gary Amiga CD32 CD that uses AGS 1.0 that was made in 2003, I have copied all its files to a HDF so I can edit it and add more games to it, it dose work and loads up in WinUAE from the HDF, is it possible to update AGS 1.0 in it to AGS2 and keeping its categories and games..?

I post about it here.. https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=108694

I know now how to add games to AGS 1.0, but it has .start files in it for the commands to start the games .not .run files but they are the same so I would have to change them to run instead of start, it works the same but alot of the files on the cd are not recognisable cause of there names, it like it been done like that so no one can copy it, I had to open a lot of them up to see if they were just a txt file or not or open them up in HxD Hex Editor to see inside it.

I just changed the music playing in the background and added some mods from games...

Last edited by spannernick; 08 November 2021 at 23:57.
Old 11 November 2021, 02:27   #159
spannernick
Retro Nuts

What are the iff image files made with...?

Can you use Deluxe Paint to make them..?
Old 18 November 2021, 19:33   #160
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Iff image files from AGS 1.0 do not display properly in AGS2, the colours on the images are like a negative..?