English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 10 September 2023, 07:02   #81
Waccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kremiso View Post
about the game in general, so also the Classic crack, i'm trying without luck to enable the lives cheat mode :

Plague cheat

the part i'm stuck is the latest, entering the long phrase no green flash in return
Has anyone succeeded?
For the Classic version, you have to hold down the left mouse button for a while, not just click it. On the title screen hold the left mouse, click the joystick button, and keep holding the mouse button while the game loads from disk until you enter the first level. This cheat gives you infinite hit points, not just lives.

I never could get any cheat to work in the "real" version of the game. Looking through a memory dump, I can't see any text other than the intro credits.
Old 10 September 2023, 13:56   #82
kremiso

i figured out later about the Classic non-pal built in trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waccoon View Post
...I never could get any cheat to work in the "real" version of the game. Looking through a memory dump, I can't see any text other than the intro credits.
thank you for the check
i have also tried the same previous cheat supposing a German keyboard, but no luck either;
i was trying to proceed into the PAL version, but after level1 everything becomes really hard

fixed and trained version badly required
Old 01 October 2023, 16:15   #83
Alpha One

I've looked at the game for some days now and crunched it all down to one disk + some trainer options.

https://easyupload.io/ugjezi

This version is far from being release-ready, it has gfx bugs here and then and I still didn't figure out why they appear, for example after using that smart bomb with the space key. Highscores are not supported yet also.
Perhaps some of the skilled persons here can help with it and we get some EAB 100% Version out some day. :-)
Old 01 October 2023, 17:51   #84
ross
Defendit numerus

Not-so-hidden scroll text (search it at boot phase..)

Code:
HI THERE !
WELL, THAT WAS NOT TOO HARD TO FIND, NOW WAS IT
ANYWAY, IT'S ALWAYS NICE TO SEE PEOPLE PUTTING A LITTLE INTEREST IN YOUR CODE
SO WELCOME TO THE PROGRAMMER'S (THAT'S ME YOU IDIOT !) MONOLOGUE BIT !

FIRST OF ALL I'D LIKE TO THANK RONNIE KLAREN FOR HIS EXCELLENT MUSIC... IT'S TRULY CRITICAL !! (JAJA)
ADDITIONAL THANKS TO YVO ZOER FOR HIS SCROLL METHOD, MEMORY SAVING MUSIC ROUTINE AND INTRODUCING ME AT INNERPRISE HQ
(OK, DAT IS DRIE KEER AD. FL 100 .. MAAKT FL 300 EX. 18.5 PCT BTW .. MAAKT TOTAAL 355 GULDEN EN 50 CENT)
THEN THERE'S JOHN VAN DIJK, WHO, MOST GENEROUSLY, OFFERED ME TO CODE THE INTRODUCTION AND HISCORE ROUTINES FOR THIS GAME, TOGETHER WITH TONNIE MEIJDAM WHO DID THE GRAPHICS ... THANKS GUYS !
THANKS ALSO TO TOM HANSE FOR HIS CONSTANT FLOW OF IDEAS AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICAL ... UH ... CRITICISM!
BEDANKT (JEZUS !! HET BEGINT HIER ZO LANGZAMERHAND WEL OP EEN DEMO TEXT TE LIJKEN MET AL DIE THANXXX...STRAKS KRIJGEN WE OOK NOG EEN GREETINGS LIJST !! BLEEUUURGHH!!) NATUURLIJK OOK DANIEL 'OKKI' OCKELOEN VOOR JE SUPPORT EN HULP BIJ PROGRAMMEERPROBLEMEN
VEEL SUCCES MET JE ACHT WEG (ZEVEN ERBIJ) SCROLLER....RAAAAHHHHHHH !!!!
NOU, ZO KAN IE WEL WEER...IEDEREEN DIE IK VERGETEN BEN HEEFT PECH GEHAD

SINCE EVERYBODY IS DOING 'CUTE' GAMES AT THE MOMENT MY NEXT GAME WILL BE TITLED : KILLER KIWIS SPRAY DEATH AT THE ACID RAIN ISLANDS !!
FEATURING REAL LIFE SAMPLED SCREAMS AS KIWIS ARE CHOPPED IN THE COFFEE GRINDER !!
THE QUEST INVOLVES YOU AS THE LAST REMAINING KILLER KIWI TO GO SEARCH FOR YOUR KIWINAPPED FRIENDS, WHO WILL BE FRIED BY THE BUBBOBBLE DRAGONS IF YOU DON'T FREE THEM FROM THE VICIOUS ACIDRAINBOW SPIDERS !!
REQUEST TO EVERYBODY READING : SINCE SAMPLING KIWIS IN THE COFFEE GRINDER IS RATHER KIWI INTENSIVE (MOST KIWIS DON'T SCREAM LOUD ENOUGH, SO THE SAMPLER ALSO PICKS UP BACKGROUND NOISE FROM THE GRINDER) COULD YOU ALL SEND ME YOUR SPARE KIWIS ! THANK YOU !

UPSIDE DOWN
ATTENSHUN ALL ATARI ST, IBM PC/XT/AT/386/486/HERCULES/CGA/EGA/VGA/TANDY16COLOR AND MACINTOSH PROGRAMMERS .... IF YOU LIKE THIS GAME, YOU COULD DO A CONVERSION !  CONTACT INNERPRISE SOFTWARE FOR DETAILS

WELNU, IEDEREEN DIE WIL VALSSPELEN EN DIT KAN LEZEN, IS IN IEDER GEVAL OP DE GOEDE WEG....OERWOUD KOMMANDO ! KRIPTIES HOOR !
BYE ! BYE !
DAG ! DAG !
Old 02 October 2023, 11:13   #85
kremiso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha One View Post
I've looked at the game for some days now and crunched it all down to one disk + some trainer options.

https://easyupload.io/ugjezi

This version is far from being release-ready, it has gfx bugs here and then and I still didn't figure out why they appear, for example after using that smart bomb with the space key. Highscores are not supported yet also.
Perhaps some of the skilled persons here can help with it and we get some EAB 100% Version out some day. :-)
thank you for this, every new attempt is well accepted

i think you are not distant
test results (WinUAE) :

your version requires extra 512k RAM to work, Slow or Fast (not Chip);
the first level need to be skipped, or the gfx will start to be messed up when on the half part of it, ending with an unavoidable crash (as freeze);
skipping the first level, all the others works perfectly here, until the final part of the last level, when the game should load the final boss it does stuck in a red border screen instead

lovely trainer and onedisked idea
Old 02 October 2023, 11:19   #86
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Thank you Fingers crossed that somebody can get it to fully work.
Old 02 October 2023, 11:22   #87
kremiso

about the PAL full version in general, seems to have a very randomly high jump trigger effect;
that jump is mandatory in many parts, but it is a lot difficult to do it

iirc in the standard version was better
Old 02 October 2023, 11:27   #88
ross
Defendit numerus

I might take a look at it, I think the biggest challenge is making it work with only 512KB (but I like challenges).
Except that I see that the thread is quite old and others have started work on this game, out of respect it is right that whoever started it can finish it.

Maybe we can all agree and make a fixed and definitive version
Old 02 October 2023, 11:31   #89
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
Even bigger fingers crossed for that
Old 02 October 2023, 12:06   #90
Alpha One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
I might take a look at it, I think the biggest challenge is making it work with only 512KB (but I like challenges).
Except that I see that the thread is quite old and others have started work on this game, out of respect it is right that whoever started it can finish it.

That would be great, for the moment I placed the loader into fast ram for faster testing. I never played through the end of each level so interesting news that there is another loading attempt for the final enemy in level 4 - testing it now.

I ripped the end part from that classic crack adf, the IPF versions I was testing only showed a red screen when skipping level 4.
Old 02 October 2023, 12:25   #91
grafpatrick

Great work so far! Thank you so much!
Please take a look at the highscore-screen before starting a game. There's a "bad" graphic in that screen. Please compare it to the new Rainbow Arts IPFs. The graphic is OK there.

Patrick
Old 02 October 2023, 18:57   #92
Alpha One

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafpatrick View Post
Great work so far! Thank you so much!
Please take a look at the highscore-screen before starting a game. There's a "bad" graphic in that screen. Please compare it to the new Rainbow Arts IPFs. The graphic is OK there.

Patrick
Yes, I already included the real highscore gfx now.
Old 02 October 2023, 23:04   #93
Amiga A500 Rulz
Banned

Guilty as charged for asking Alpha to put a trainer on it

Absolutely LOVED the title music, one of my favs.

Can someone PLEASE enlighten me on this subject as I've only just come into the loop, WHY the BLOOMIN' hell did the crackers go for the non-full screen version and WHY were there 2 versions in the first place?!, I remember playing the demo back in 1990 and it was full screen, then I got the crack copy and guttingly it wasn't overscan anymore.

Wasn't this the same deal as Battle Squadron where the original (which I have) is vertically overscan and the crack versions (except one) has the play area pushed up the screen by around 3 inches meaning the top of the screen is missing and the bottom has a great big bloody 3inch border,...same as The Plague?!, I just do not get it

Well done Alpha getting rid of that awful modded score table, let me know if you want me to play test any other updates, you have my email

P.s, not that I'm clever in the cracking department but wouldn't it be best to still keep it on 2-disks instead of crunching it to 1?!, wouldn't that cause graphic issues?!
Old 03 October 2023, 21:41   #94
Alpha One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiga A500 Rulz View Post
P.s, not that I'm clever in the cracking department but wouldn't it be best to still keep it on 2-disks instead of crunching it to 1?!, wouldn't that cause graphic issues?!
Hi, hehe no way, we are talking about lossless compression of course.
Here is another small update:

https://easyupload.io/s8pumw

Works with music in every level now, fast ram or 1 mb chip should work, endboss level 4 now works (without another disk access) and the real high score gfx is now in.

I try to find out what's the matter with those gfx bugs in level 1 tomorrow.

Have a nice weekend !
Old 03 October 2023, 23:36   #95
Amiga A500 Rulz
Banned

Quote:

Works with music in every level now, fast ram or 1 mb chip should work, endboss level 4 now works (without another disk access) and the real high score gfx is now in.

Have a nice weekend !

Luvvly jubbly I may send you an email of encouragement sometime during the week
Old 04 October 2023, 08:58   #96
grafpatrick

Thank you so much again for all this hard work.

Another thing about the highscope graphics: I just found out that the graphic is NOT ONLY shown on the highscore-screen, but also at the very beginning of level 3! Seriously, no joke! There is a large tile above the players head that still shows the messed up graphic. I tested it with my original: There the highscore grahic is shown! Maybe the programmers messed up the tiles, because showing the word "highscores" within the game doesn't make any sense...Or a I missing something...?:-)

Quote:

Have a nice weekend !
Old 04 October 2023, 09:46   #97
Alpha One

Quote:
Thank you so much again for all this hard work.

Another thing about the highscope graphics: I just found out that the graphic is NOT ONLY shown on the highscore-screen, but also at the very beginning of level 3! Seriously, no joke! There is a large tile above the players head that still shows the messed up graphic. I tested it with my original: There the highscore grahic is shown! Maybe the programmers messed up the tiles, because showing the word "highscores" within the game doesn't make any sense...Or a I missing something...?:-)
I have seen this also but I don't think that the word HIGHSCORE makes any sense at the start of Level 3. I prefer this strange art attached. :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	L3.png
Views:	44
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	80390  
Old 04 October 2023, 09:48   #98
ross
Defendit numerus

Quote:
Another thing about the highscope graphics: I just found out that the graphic is NOT ONLY shown on the highscore-screen, but also at the very beginning of level 3!
Yes, I noticed it too and I don't like it too..
The first thing I thought of was to replace it with an EAB logo or similar

But it is a deliberate choice by the programmer, it was probably intended to be a 'prize' for those who managed to beat the hiscore (which allows you to change the logo that will be used in the score table and in the graphics of level 3).

---
If you finish the game with the internal cheat (which grants you invulnerability):

Code:
Hey SUCKER !!
You thought cheating  would get you till the end ?
Tough luck !! Access to final screen denied !!
Old 04 October 2023, 09:49   #99
grafpatrick

Good point. It's a piece of art and should be preserved. Maybe someday it will be in a museum! Seriously, who knows:-)

Quote:
I have seen this also but I don't think that the word HIGHSCORE makes any sense at the start of Level 3. I prefer this strange art attached. :-)
Old 04 October 2023, 09:52   #100
ross
Defendit numerus

Quote:
I prefer this strange art attached. :-)
It's a 'nice' little drawing made by those who tampered the hiscore and distributed the previously available version

The internal drawing program is very simple, it is not easy to do something better