English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 01 February 2011, 11:10   #1
PopoCop

Ultimate games for Amiga?

In issue#2 of "Amiga Action" (November 1989) there is a reader's letter with a question about Amiga ports of Ultimate games (Atic Atac, Sabre Wulf etc.).
Editor answers that those games are in the making and will be available soon. The company that makes the conversion is Teque.
As far as I know those games were never completed. But I can be wrong.
Are there any official (not shareware or PD) Amiga versions of Ultimate games? Or at least demos or screenshots?
Old 02 February 2011, 00:14   #2
roberthazelby
Amiga user since 1990

I remember seeing a screenshot or two for Underwurlde in CU Amiga. The guys behind it were a couple of hobbyists, who were hoping to persuade Ultimate/Rare to release it. I don't know how far it progressed.

Amiga Power had a couple of screenshots of the Amiga version of Sabre Wulf in an article about canned games.

I remember playing a remake of Atic Atac on the Amiga many moons ago. It was a PD game, written in AMOS. I think your character was a red blob. The game was pretty poor, but I remember liking the music.