English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.SPS (was CAPS)

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 21 November 2022, 01:12   #301
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 45
Posts: 9,566
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
MKay!

Abaddon may be tweaking his Garrison format as his two PAL dumps were different to my two PAL dumps which he used to create the decoder!
Can I have access to Abaddon Dumps of Garrison I/II ?

thanks
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 21 November 2022, 02:22   #302
BarryB
Amigaholic

 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,990
I don't have them, best ask Abaddon
BarryB is offline  
Old 21 November 2022, 15:27   #303
Abaddon
Registered User

Abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago/USA
Age: 53
Posts: 462
I'll upload my 2 PAL dumps of Garrison to the Zone later today. The protection tracks are the only issue. The bit length is different for each of the versions I have. I'm hoping I get time this week to rework the protection decoder.
Abaddon is offline  
Old 22 November 2022, 00:55   #304
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 45
Posts: 9,566
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
I'll upload my 2 PAL dumps of Garrison to the Zone later today. The protection tracks are the only issue. The bit length is different for each of the versions I have. I'm hoping I get time this week to rework the protection decoder.
Will help and tell you
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 22 November 2022, 06:14   #305
Abaddon
Registered User

Abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago/USA
Age: 53
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Will help and tell you
Uploaded to the zone
Abaddon is offline  
Old 23 November 2022, 14:56   #306
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 45
Posts: 9,566
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Uploaded to the zone
Thanks, your copy 1 is fine, however copy 2 is modified on disk 1 (many tracks modified, scores ?) and disk 2 is modified as well or badly imaged on track 00.1
It should be Rainbow Arts format type 3.....

the 3 formats used on disk 2 :

format GO! track 00.0
1 sector/sync 4489

Rainbow arts format type 3
1 sector/sync 4489

Format Rainbow Arts 4489 Track 01.1 (protection track)
1 sector/sync 4489/256 extra syncwords 44895555
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 24 November 2022, 00:15   #307
Abaddon
Registered User

Abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago/USA
Age: 53
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Thanks, your copy 1 is fine, however copy 2 is modified on disk 1 (many tracks modified, scores ?) and disk 2 is modified as well or badly imaged on track 00.1
It should be Rainbow Arts format type 3.....

the 3 formats used on disk 2 :

format GO! track 00.0
1 sector/sync 4489

Rainbow arts format type 3
1 sector/sync 4489

Format Rainbow Arts 4489 Track 01.1 (protection track)
1 sector/sync 4489/256 extra syncwords 44895555

What I am seeing for track formats is the following for disk 2 on 4 versions of Garrison and 2 version of Garrison 2


0.0 amigados
0.1 garrison_dir - sync of 4489 file location table $f0 in length
1.0 garrison_empty - sync of 4489 and then filled with $55 (length varies)
1.1 garrison_protection - sync of 4489 and then

4489 54AA 54AA 54AA 54AA 4489 5555 4489
5555 4489 5555 4489 5555 4489 5555 4489

track bit length for 6 different copies is different

2.0- 79.1 garrison_data - I assume what you mention as "Rainbow arts format type 3"


I have been able to create working IPFs for all 4 copies of Garrison and the 2 of Garrison II with the latest updates to the decoder. Will be releasing the update soon.
Abaddon is offline  
Old 24 November 2022, 01:19   #308
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 45
Posts: 9,566
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
What I am seeing for track formats is the following for disk 2 on 4 versions of Garrison and 2 version of Garrison 2


0.0 amigados
0.1 garrison_dir - sync of 4489 file location table $f0 in length
1.0 garrison_empty - sync of 4489 and then filled with $55 (length varies)
1.1 garrison_protection - sync of 4489 and then

4489 54AA 54AA 54AA 54AA 4489 5555 4489
5555 4489 5555 4489 5555 4489 5555 4489

track bit length for 6 different copies is different

2.0- 79.1 garrison_data - I assume what you mention as "Rainbow arts format type 3"


I have been able to create working IPFs for all 4 copies of Garrison and the 2 of Garrison II with the latest updates to the decoder. Will be releasing the update soon.




dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 25 November 2022, 15:39   #309
acd2001
Zone Friend
acd2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Italy
Posts: 87
keirf disk-utilities 2022-11-26 git 2d43159
Added support for Golden Path protection
Reworked garrison decoder and added
Full Contact Protection decoder

Last edited by acd2001; 04 December 2022 at 19:37.
acd2001 is offline  
Old 26 November 2022, 16:47   #310
BarryB
Amigaholic

 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by acd2001 View Post
keirf disk-utilities 2022-11-26 git 2d43159
Added support for Golden Path protection
Reworked garrison decoder and added
Full Contact Protection decoder

BarryB is offline  
Old 04 December 2022, 16:16   #311
BarryB
Amigaholic

 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,990
Abaddon has now added support for the Awesome & Killing Game Show demo disks
BarryB is offline  
Old 04 December 2022, 19:37   #312
acd2001
Zone Friend
acd2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Italy
Posts: 87
keirf disk-utilities 2022-12-04 git cdb09fb
Added support for The Killing Game Show Demo and Awesome Demo
Attached Files
File Type: zip disk-utilities-master-cdb09fb-bin-32bit.zip (351.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: zip disk-utilities-master-cdb09fb-bin-64bit.zip (483.4 KB, 7 views)
acd2001 is offline  
Old 05 December 2022, 10:50   #313
BarryB
Amigaholic

 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by acd2001 View Post
keirf disk-utilities 2022-12-04 git cdb09fb
Added support for The Killing Game Show Demo and Awesome Demo
BarryB is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IPFs of games I own antonvaltaz project.SPS (was CAPS) 22 28 May 2009 13:28
Mounting IPFs killergorilla project.SPS (was CAPS) 16 06 August 2005 01:32
Downloadable IPFs killergorilla project.SPS (was CAPS) 15 27 August 2003 16:59
How exactly do IPFs get out in the first place? MethodGit project.SPS (was CAPS) 2 15 July 2003 23:02

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.12569 seconds with 16 queries