English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 05 March 2005, 00:39   #1
astuermer

Lightbulb Using WHDLoad on CD32 Game-CD ?

Hello @ all,

I recently bought my first CD32 - of course I am using Amiga since 1986 (500, 2000, 1200 which I extended). Now I found out, that the 200-Games CD isn't available anywhere, so I decided to make my own.

I downloaded the Developer Package for CD32 and CDTV, installed on MaxUAE and compiled a few games. All together launch-able through ArcadeGameSelector

I soon found out, that many of them won't work (or even work only 20-80 percent). But a few are working

I noticed, that the ones which are NOT working are mostly WHDLoad Games using more than 1 or 2 Disks. For example "Blood Money" loads Disk 1 completely, when the screen with th request for Disk 2 appears, the CD32 starts loading and loading and loading... (orange LED flashes).

But some WHDLoad Games are only 1-Disk'ed AND won't work - for example Nicky Boom 2).

Any idea how to get them work?
Perhaps less memory?

Kind regards, Andi

Old 05 March 2005, 01:12   #2
gary

Quote:
Now I found out, that the 200-Games CD isn't available anywhere
There were 33 sources on emule last I looked and a few torrents, also the FTP sites as mentioned on www.total-emu.org.
Quote:
Any idea how to get them work?
Trial and error and in some cases it will take a lot of time to get them to work properly... unless you just copy the games, menu, setup and scripts from someone elses compilation.
Old 05 March 2005, 22:44   #3
astuermer

So, I got 20 Games working now All 1-Disked, mostly Classics like R-Type and so. But also newer games like Gloom, Gloom Deluxe and Leading Lap.

Where to get the FTP Access?
In the forum you posted there's only mentioned, to contact the FTP owner - you - to get the access.

Old 06 March 2005, 04:29   #4
gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuermer
Where to get the FTP Access?
In the forum you posted there's only mentioned, to contact the FTP owner - you - to get the access.
You probably should read the post again because I don't have an FTP site and never did. my post