English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 21 November 2019, 11:41   #1
aeberbach

Lenovo T22i available resolutions tested

I read that the Lenovo T22i is a modern monitor I could buy new that works with an Amiga, so I bought one. It didn't ship overnight but I did get a nice discount for signing up to their spam as well as free shipping - so cheaper than buying a 1084S easily.

Here's an album of all the resolutions I have found to work correctly. I only took an picture if the resolution looked good enough for daily use. Some like the A2024 driver are completely misinterpreted by the monitor. A couple are marginal - you can see that though the test image displays, the monitor is showing an out of range error. The laced resolutions generally don't work at all.

https://imgur.com/a/W1rH4Lt

I like the image quality better than what I got with an OSSC. My connection is a simple Amiga-DB15, unbuffered. For me "DBLNTSC High Res No Flicker" is a really good workbench.
Old 21 November 2019, 13:09   #2
Jope
-

Really nice. Does it have a force 4:3 aspect ratio setting in the menus?
Old 21 November 2019, 20:19   #3
GearCross

Seems that Lenovo monitors are a good pick for the native Amiga resolutions.

I have the T2324p and it works nicely with all resolutions with full overscan, though interlaced NTSC will make it display "Out of range" and no picture.

The caveat is that I can't force the monitor to go 4:3 on the VGA input...
Old 07 May 2021, 12:24   #4
Wavemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeberbach View Post
I read that the Lenovo T22i is a modern monitor I could buy new that works with an Amiga, so I bought one. It didn't ship overnight but I did get a nice discount for signing up to their spam as well as free shipping - so cheaper than buying a 1084S easily.

Here's an album of all the resolutions I have found to work correctly. I only took an picture if the resolution looked good enough for daily use. Some like the A2024 driver are completely misinterpreted by the monitor. A couple are marginal - you can see that though the test image displays, the monitor is showing an out of range error. The laced resolutions generally don't work at all.

https://imgur.com/a/W1rH4Lt

I like the image quality better than what I got with an OSSC. My connection is a simple Amiga-DB15, unbuffered. For me "DBLNTSC High Res No Flicker" is a really good workbench.
Just bought this monitor based on your recommendation and it's pretty nice. Can you share your clock / phase settings?