Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 01 September 2023, 09:47   #121
StevenJGore
Amiga Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
also what cooling you have installed.
Err... cooling?

Just as it comes. What are the options for passive or active cooling on a PiStorm-lite? I have 2 spare slim 40mm silent fans that I can connect to my internal picoPSU, just not sure where to put them. The space around the PiStorm is very limited. I don't really like the look of A1200's sat raised on massive feet to get a fan underneath the trapdoor, so trying to avoid that.
Old 01 September 2023, 10:55   #122
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenJGore View Post
Err... cooling?

Just as it comes. What are the options for passive or active cooling on a PiStorm-lite? I have 2 spare slim 40mm silent fans that I can connect to my internal picoPSU, just not sure where to put them. The space around the PiStorm is very limited. I don't really like the look of A1200's sat raised on massive feet to get a fan underneath the trapdoor, so trying to avoid that.
Relax, for a stock config you won't need cooling... but if you're playing with your overclock config then keep an eye on your temps - and report back here so the rest of us can see

Personally I'm not overclocking my Pi4 as there's no real need. This thing is already insanely fast, more than enough to run any Amiga software that was intended for the fastest accelerators out there. But it's always tempting to see just how much it can be pushed
Old 01 September 2023, 11:55   #123
Channel-Z

Just an FYI.

The nightly builds are built from master branch.
All the experimental things happen on other branches and are merged with master when ready so the beta is different to the nightly builds.
Old 01 September 2023, 12:22   #124
str0m

tomcat666 I see you tested Xtreme Racing. This is one of my fav games from back in the day and runs at a decent speed (20fps or something with screen shrunk slightly, think that's 2x1 or which mode it is which looks almost the same as 1x1 without going blocky) on my TF330 equipped CD32. I'm guessing/hoping that on a 1200 Pistorm it must run full screen 1x1 really smoothly or is it held back by AGA? Would be great if you could comment on that which brings me to my next question,

Is there any new/plans of a CD32 version being made? I only really use my CD32 off an SD image anyway so I may end up replacing it with a 1200 long term but would be interesting to know if one's planned

thanks

Last edited by str0m; 01 September 2023 at 12:23. Reason: update