English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 18 March 2021, 03:31   #1
lesta_smsc

Thomas The Tank Engine 2 via WHDLoad

Hello all,

I was setting up GAAE for my A600 (excellent work by Paul (RIP)) - perfect for the A600 with 2MB and suprisingly ran 2 disk games too - not tried 3 disk but I doubt they would work or even something like Monkey Island?!

I was playing Thomas The Tank Engine 2 earlier via WHDLoad and noticed that there was graphics corruption when selecting anything other than 68000 for CPU. Is this something which happens on the real hardware as well? I was contemplating CPU upgrade for the 'exit' key for WHDLoad but not sure if others have experienced this?

Regards,
Lesta_SMSC

Update: Monkey Island 2 runs! It is slow to boot but I'm happy it works!
Update 2: Beneath A Steel Sky doesn't work - although, I managed to manually get it to display the WHDLoad screen by doing a completely stripped down boot (disabled startup-sequence and typed in location - game me best part of 18000+KB free which helped)

Last edited by lesta_smsc; 18 March 2021 at 04:05.
Old 27 June 2021, 20:12   #2
RoniWorlds

As for WHDLoad games in A600, kickstars in devs can help, And when it comes to graphical bugs, there can be many reasons. If the floppy version works correctly, i.e. WHdload version is missing something, usually it is the lack of files in devs / Kickstart.