English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 13 April 2021, 14:35   #1
Rissy

Life long Amiga 500 owner back in the loop

Just popping through to say hi and thanks for having me.

I'm doing things a bit backwards here, as I joined a few weeks ago, and have already started a couple of threads.

I'm not a new owner. I've owned my Amiga 500 (upgraded to 1Mb) since my dad bought it around 1989 i think. It was sold as the "Class of the 90's" pack. I wanted the Batman pack, but my dad, forever in fear of my education, had different ideas!

The Amiga was the main computer in the house for many years before consoles (for my gaming needs) and PC's (for my dads education - i mean professional needs) took over. My Amiga and all the discs and cables etc was "given away" to my Auntie many many years go, without my parents telling me. Luckily I managed to find this little fact out and asked my Auntie if i could have it all back when they were finished with it. They agreed, and complied, i think mostly. I got it back probably around 8yrs ago or maybe even more. It unfortunately has been living in two different lofts since then. I'm still missing discs and manuals and copy protection type stuff which i know we had at least before it was all given away. Now the question is, where is the missing "stuff". At my Aunties still? At my parents still? Thrown out! I'll maybe find out one day.

The Amiga has not been powered up at all for at least 20yrs until three weeks ago. My Auntie was the last to use it before i claimed it back. I should have gone through it all at the time, but i neglected to do so. But now that I have a renewed interest in my old machine, I'm hoping to backup discs where i can, play with it again, both for games, but also as a technical project with my laptop etc.

For the last 3 weeks, it's all been about getting the machine up and running as it was 20+ yrs ago, and starting to back up my discs etc where i can, and have them.

The journey continues....
Old 13 April 2021, 14:36   #2
Pyromania

Welcome or welcome back.