English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 15 November 2005, 02:50   #1
wanderer
I want an A1000

Turrican soundtrack translation request

Could anybody out there please translate the cd booklet from German to Engilsh? There seems to be some interesting info in there but almost everything is in German. Oh please, you know you can do it! And it'll be of great service to fellow Amiga+Turrican fanatics.
And if you wish (although I could do without), dear German friend, I can send a text file with... the German text up in to the zone, if the soundtrack isn't available to you.
Any volunteers?

ps. the translation has to be of the highest possible quality, nothing short of Turrican greatness.
Old 16 November 2005, 08:21   #2
Figi

provide me with the text, I'll do it
Old 16 November 2005, 12:04   #3
wanderer
I want an A1000

Thanks Figi, it's in the Zone. Not a text file, but good quality jpeg scans.
Old 18 November 2005, 11:45   #4
Figi

Pages 1-2:

p1.

Turrican is back

After two years of waiting Commander Bren Mc Guire conquers video-gamers' computers and consoles with his Turrican-Armour - as many as three new adventures were created at the Factor 5-labs: On the Super Nintendo Turrican faces his arch-enemy 'Machine' for the first time. Mega Drive-fans might know him from his failed first part that was created by another company, but it's only with Factor 5's 'Mega Turrican' that the true hero enters the stage. On the Amiga, the long expected third part of the Turrican-legend is finally released - a perfect conversion of the Mega Drive game.

Of course, all music and sound fx for these three games were created by Chris Hülsbeck - he played, together with the creator of Turrican, Manfred Trenz, a major part in creating the Turrican legend with his soundtracks, as he does with these three games, too.

Looking at the large amount of music the Turrican games have to offer, Chris finally decided to release a pure Turrican CD. Not 'just' a medley like on his first audio CD 'Shades', but more than 60 minutes of Turrican without any additions.

'I started on the first part of the CD with a combination of a few Turrican Intro sequences - compositions for the Super Nintendo, Mega Drive and Amiga were put together seedlessly.
In the main part you'll find a whole lot of completely new arranged in-game music from all Turrican games. None of those pieces was ever released on my CDs before, and the fans of the games were always asking me for more material from Turrican. Last but not least there is a special gift: I accompanied Turrican on his dangerous mission in space with synthesizer and microphone - why don't you try to dive deep into the action with a little aid of the 3D-sorround-fx...'

Chris Hülsbeck

p2.

Part 1

Opening - For the flaming hot Super Nintendo debut of Turrican the music had to be synched by the bar to the animations of the intro sequence. With the CD version, there was more freedom, however...

Prologue - A tale of eternal battle - even without a screen, pictures of a Turrican adventure are created

Main Title - Turrican lives - on the Amiga, too. This is proven by this Bombasto-interpretation of the original t3-Theme...

Last edited by Figi; 18 November 2005 at 12:15.
Old 18 November 2005, 12:02   #5
Figi

p3.

Part 2

Techno Dungeon - Turrican in the steel-catacombs of terror. On his search for diamonds he finds secret hide-outs, battles deadly piranhas and encounters agressive robots.

The Desert Rocks - The icy winds blow freezing cold over the tops of the mountains. Unswerving Turrican gets over bottomless canyons, climbs steep rocks and discovers dark caves on his path.

The Great Bath - In the wet caves of the planet Turrican speeds through endless mines. Hideous steel balls, flashing lasers and poisonous spiders are about to destroy the hero's armour.

Walker Factory - mercyless stomping hammers, creaking cylinders and endless belts - a cold futuristic labyrinth made of metal and synthetic fibers welcomes you. The mechanic creatures attack - and they are not programmed for mercy...

p.4

The Hero - Victory! 'The Machine' is defeated! The universe is saved from the forces of evil's slavery. But for how long will peace endure?!

Bionic Action - In the halls of the bio-genetic lab there are monsters and mutants awaiting any unwanted visitor. Weird liquids are bubbling dangerously in giant test tubes.

Air Combat - Miles below Turrican there's nothing but an endless ocean of grey mist - above him there's a dark, clouded night sky. Unerring he climbs from glider to glider, on the quest for an unknown aim...

Climb To Survive - There's a mysterious tension filling the atmosphere! Turrican can feel that he will face his greatest enemy again! Only a miracle can save him now...
Old 18 November 2005, 12:13   #6
Figi

p5.

Part 3

Transfer To The Battlefield - Commander Bren McGuire puts on his Turrican battle armour and prepares for the battle of his life. - All systems ready...

The Machine - Eye to eye Turrican and his arch enemy are facing each other! Will Turrican's energy last - or will the USS Freedom forces fall to the overwhelming powers of the conqueror...

Countdown - The seconds are ticking away without mercy; there's but a few moments left to save the world! Turrican activates all attack systems of his armour...

p6.

Freedom - Worn and reluctant! Turrican managed to defeat the massive forces of his enemies and celebrates his greatest victory! The aggrressor's coalition, lead by 'The Machine', was destroyed, their war-mongering catchpoles scattered. Once again there's peace for the people of the galaxy - and once again they pray for eternal rest from the forces of evil.

Turrican Medley - On behalf of the fans' requests and to make this CD complete, the Turrican Medley from the 'Shades'-album was rearranged using modern, state-of-the-art studio equipments. The 1994 Turrican Mix in digital Bombast-Sound!!

Quote:
ps. the translation has to be of the highest possible quality, nothing short of Turrican greatness.
This is the best I can do. Feel free to flatten out the grammatical mistakes. I'm quite sure I built in plenty. ;-)
Old 18 November 2005, 12:33   #7
wanderer
I want an A1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figi
This is the best I can do. Feel free to flatten out the grammatical mistakes. I'm quite sure I built in plenty. ;-)
You 're so cool Figi, thanks.