English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 06 October 2013, 20:42   #1
TenLeftFingers

Device needs config for amigacd32

I get the above error when I launch CD32, but not A600. It's preventing me playing any games because it doesn't register the fire button. Can anyone help me out? Google turned up absolutely nothing for that string.
Old 06 October 2013, 20:51   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenLeftFingers View Post
I get the above error when I launch CD32, but not A600. It's preventing me playing any games because it doesn't register the fire button. Can anyone help me out? Google turned up absolutely nothing for that string.
Hi, go into settings in FS-UAE Launcher and map the buttons for your gamepad with the joystick configuration tool there.

(The error is displayed because gamepads can be auto-configured for Amiga joystick - simple because only button is needed (fire) - but layout for many buttons such as for CD32 cannot be guessed).
Old 06 October 2013, 20:53   #3
s2325
Zone Friend

Code:
joystick_port_1

The device connected to port 1. If not specified, a the first joystick/gamepad connected to the computer will be used, if the joystick/gamepad is supported. Otherwise it defaults to keyboard emulation (cursor keys + right CTRL). To force keyboard emulation, specify “keyboard”

joystick_port_1 = joystick

You can also choose to use specific gamepads/joysticks in the ports. In this case, you specify the device names. If you have more than one device of the same model, the second is referred to by appending a space and #2 (and so on). The device names are case insensitive.

joystick_port_0 = SPEED-LINK COMPETITION PRO #2
joystick_port_1 = LOGITECH CORDLESS RUMBLEPAD 2 USB

joystick_port_2

Emulated parallel port joystick 1. A few games support parallel port joysticks (to support a total of four connected joysticks).

joystick_port_2 = SPEED-LINK COMPETITION PRO

joystick_port_3

Emulated parallel port joystick 2. A few games support parallel port joysticks (to support a total of four connected joysticks).

joystick_port_3 = LOGITECH CORDLESS RUMBLEPAD 2 USB

joystick_port_n_mode

Where n is a number from 0 to 3: Specify what emulated Amiga device is connected to joystick port 0. If not specified, this value will be automatically chosen based on the emulated Amiga model and the host device associated with the joystick port. Valid values are:

joystick
    mouse
    cd32 gamepad
    nothing
Old 06 October 2013, 22:16   #4
TenLeftFingers

Thanks FrodeSolheim, that did the trick it seems! FS-UAE is an amazing emulator, the best for linux.

s2325, I appreciate your help, thank you.
Old 11 October 2013, 00:34   #5
Bladeforce

Hmm just tried amiga cd32 games here too and getting this error. IS there any way of doing the above WITHOUT the launcher?
Old 11 October 2013, 22:55   #6
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladeforce View Post
Hmm just tried amiga cd32 games here too and getting this error. IS there any way of doing the above WITHOUT the launcher?
You can create a controller config manually if you really want to, see http://fs-uae.net/custom-controller-configuration for documentation.