English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 18 April 2020, 12:35   #1
Sebiohazard

Hooooo How do I launch LHA games from the command line ?

Good morning all !

I use FS-UAE on the command line to launch Amiga 1200 games in .lha format but it does not work. With the launcher I have no problem.

The command lines I use are the same as in the configuration file created by FS-UAE (.fs-uae) here:

Code:
fs-uae --amiga-model=a1200 --chip-memory=2048 --fast-memory=8192 --kickstart-file=a1200-40.68.rom --hard-drive-0=e:\jeux\amiga\lha\flashback.lha --x-whdload-args=flashbackfr.slave PRELOAD
It doesn't work I have this error message...

Greetings !
Old 18 April 2020, 14:05   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, flashback.lha isn't a complete bootable hard drive (and also, FS-UAE itself does not read .lha archives). You need to run this through fs-uae-launcher instead. FS-UAE Launcher will be able to extract the .lha and assemble a minimal working bootable harddrive with whdload support files.

You don't need to specify the whdload args option, as fs-uae-launcher should detect that the archive contains an WHDLoad install, and will extract the args automatically.

If you need to pass config to fs-uae via fs-uae-launcher, you need to for example use --config:kickstart-file=a1200-40.68.rom
Old 18 April 2020, 15:20   #3
Sebiohazard

Quote:
Hi, flashback.lha isn't a complete bootable hard drive (and also, FS-UAE itself does not read .lha archives). You need to run this through fs-uae-launcher instead. FS-UAE Launcher will be able to extract the .lha and assemble a minimal working bootable harddrive with whdload support files.
Thank you for your answer yes FS-UAE Launcher launches games in .lha format very well but FS-UAE Launcher does not work correctly with my front end (Attract Mode)... that's why I use FS-UAE in command line...

How to proceed thank you ?!
Old 18 April 2020, 19:44   #4
gryf

You could try https://github.com/gryf/fs-uae-wrapper

Although wrapper it is rather config centric, not commandline centric. I don't remember if I accept all parameters as commandline switches - perhaps you could test it and if there is anything you think is missing, just fill an issue on GH.
Old 18 April 2020, 23:24   #5
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@Sebiohazard What's the problem with fs-uae-launcher? As I said, fs-uae cannot set up the drive on its own, so you need fs-uae-launcher for this.
Old 19 April 2020, 07:01   #6
thevoice

@Sebiohazard let's think something crazy. if your used frontend does not support fs-uae/launcher as frode has planned it to work, you maybe ask the author of your frontend to make it compatible with fs-use/launcher rather then ask frode to make his software compatible to some random frontend ?
Old 19 April 2020, 11:40   #7
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

I'm not actually convinced I have to do anything. The reason I asked is to smoke out what the problem is. If the frontend can run the fs-uae via the command line, then there's no apparant reason why it cannot run (the command line version) of fs-uae-launcher with similar parameters.
Old 19 April 2020, 15:04   #8
thevoice

that is what i meant. why should you bother with stuff not related to fs-uae or the launcher
Old 19 April 2020, 15:51   #9
Sebiohazard

@thevoice:

Hello thank you for your answer I found an alternative, I use RetroArch & the core PUAE Libretro for Amiga 1200 games in .lha format it works really well with my front end

& for the Amiga CD32 I use FS-UAE in command line

@FrodeSolheim:

Hello thanks for your help the problem with Launcher & Attract Mode is when launching a game... there is a bug in the display of windows...

Greetings !
Old 19 April 2020, 19:22   #10
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

If you're happy with your current solution, then great!

But for reference (and for others which might read this), fs-uae-launcher can work in a no-gui mode, and just set up everything before launching fs-uae. That should not be much different from launching fs-uae with preconfigured drives.

There is also a
--no-gui
option for FS-UAE Launcher to surpress the "launching fs-uae..." dialog.
Old 21 April 2020, 14:07   #11
Sebiohazard

Hello thank you for your reply

I found why I had a graphics bug when launching Amiga 1200 games in .lha format with FS-UAE Launcher & Attract Mode.

You just have to activate the fullscreen it works with or without the option --no-gui

Even more incredible the launcher can directly launch games in .lha format without going through a configuration file .fs-uae !!! Here is the configuration required for Attract Mode:

Code:
executable           c:\attract\emulators\fs-uae suite 3.0.0\launcher.exe
args                 "[romfilename]"
rompath              c:\attract\games\amiga 1200
romext               .lha
I am very happy with FS-UAE now I have the choice between him & RetroArch.

Greetings