English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 06 January 2015, 15:31   #421
Gerry

Warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
believe me , here is a copy protection query inside you're much too blood this game to crack hahaha it 's just on..... fuck off !!!
Quote:
Sorry Pal, this was not the copy-protection, Too bad isn't it? Come on and have another try!!
Where are those messages located (track/ side/ sector)?
Old 06 January 2015, 18:03   #422
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Where are those messages located (track/ side/ sector)?
In memory once the game code has loaded.
Old 14 January 2015, 21:07   #423
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Escape from the Planet of Robot Monsters

Quote:
Sorry I didn't put you on the credits page Rob,you whining $*!$ !.
Rob is probably Rob Northen I guess.
Old 15 January 2015, 01:44   #424
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
More than likely Rob Hill, Barry Costas was a shit programmer who had to be helped out by other programmers.
Old 12 March 2015, 21:51   #425
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

T-zer0

While looking at the main exec of T-zer0 in a hex editor, I found this message from the coders in Italian:

"Love, Peace and T-zer0 ! Dedicato a Michela M. Il computer è un piacere, se non è AMIGA che piacere è ? Hai scoperto l'astronave segreta ? Mmm, 3 Livelli Segreti=Astronave Segreta... Hai scoperto i livelli segreti ? Ehh, allora inizia a cercarli dal secondo mondo Sys 64738!!

Here's the Google translation in English:

"Love, Peace and T-zer0 ! Dedicated to Michela M. The computer is a pleasure, if not the AMIGA that pleasure is? You've discovered the secret spaceship? MMM, 3 secret levels = Secret Spaceship to ... You've discovered the secret levels? Ehh, then start to search for them since second world Sys 64738!!

Out of curiosity, has anyone found the "secret" levels in T-zer0 mentioned by the coders??
Old 31 March 2015, 17:48   #426
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Phoenix Fighters

Here's another message I found from a coder (Robert Norberg) while poking around the main exec of Phoenix Fighters with a hex editor:

"Howdy guyz! Sure there's a hidden text in Phoenix Fighters. Question is - what should be in it? Hmmm... well, I can tell you why you should buy this game in case you're using a pirate copy. (Don't everybody do that in their hidden text? =) The development on this game started for over five years ago. To give you a glimpse of the amount of work, just consider the levels. There are about 200 levels, generally taking around six hours each including playtesting. This sums up to 1200 hours, or 150 days 8 hours a week - just for the levels! I estimate the work on the levels to be around 15% of the total time spent... Luckily I havn't been all alone on this project, but it still makes me wonder how I've had time to make it through the last year of collage and soon also get a university exam... Oh, well... .·`·.·~·.·~ This game is dedicated to my father - I miss you so. /Robert ~·.·`·.·~·. Visa svenska ord - ta väl hand om dig och din familj!"

Some nice words at the end. I'll let you guys figure out what language the last line is in and what it translates to!

Last edited by DrBong; 31 March 2015 at 21:17.
Old 31 March 2015, 20:30   #427
zipper

There are so many Scandinavians here - no probs for us.
Old 31 March 2015, 21:49   #428
Gzegzolka

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
While looking at the main exec of T-zer0 in a hex editor, I found this message from the coders in Italian:

"Love, Peace and T-zer0 ! Dedicato a Michela M. Il computer è un piacere, se non è AMIGA che piacere è ? Hai scoperto l'astronave segreta ? Mmm, 3 Livelli Segreti=Astronave Segreta... Hai scoperto i livelli segreti ? Ehh, allora inizia a cercarli dal secondo mondo Sys 64738!!

"Love, Peace and T-zer0 ! Dedicated to Michela M. The computer is a pleasure, if not the AMIGA that pleasure is? You've discovered the secret spaceship? MMM, 3 secret levels = Secret Spaceship to ... You've discovered the secret levels? Ehh, then start to search for them since second world Sys 64738!!

Out of curiosity, has anyone found the "secret" levels in T-zer0 mentioned by the coders??
Maybe he was talking about bonus levels You access if You have enough gems? Those that look like a ripped from Mario?
Old 31 March 2015, 23:48   #429
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Here's another message I found from a coder (Robert Norberg) while poking around the main exec of Phoenix Fighters with a hex editor:

"Howdy guyz! Sure there's a hidden text in Phoenix Fighters. Question is - what should be in it? Hmmm... well, I can tell you why you should buy this game in case you're using a pirate copy. (Don't everybody do that in their hidden text? =) The development on this game started for over five years ago. To give you a glimpse of the amount of work, just consider the levels. There are about 200 levels, generally taking around six hours each including playtesting. This sums up to 1200 hours, or 150 days 8 hours a week - just for the levels! I estimate the work on the levels to be around 15% of the total time spent... Luckily I havn't been all alone on this project, but it still makes me wonder how I've had time to make it through the last year of collage and soon also get a university exam... Oh, well... .·`·.·~·.·~ This game is dedicated to my father - I miss you so. /Robert ~·.·`·.·~·. Visa svenska ord - ta väl hand om dig och din familj!"

Some nice words at the end. I'll let you guys figure out what language the last line is in and what it translates to!
I'm rather touched by this message. It nicely sums up why you should support games developers by purchasing the game, particularly if you play and enjoy it. Credit to him for not putting any bitterness which we see throughout other hidden messages. Hope he succeeded in his University exams!
Old 01 April 2015, 00:43   #430
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
BTW how accurate are the things mentioned in Wikipedia for FLT?: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairlight_(group))
Doesn't look accurate; it's talking about the "west coast of Sweden"...looking at a map, Sweden does not have a west coast to any significant extent...

Last edited by Minuous; 01 April 2015 at 00:51.
Old 01 April 2015, 09:23   #431
zipper

I suppose they count Svinesund - Halmstad (-Malmö) as west coast - 300 to 400 km.
Old 01 April 2015, 12:42   #432
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Ah, OK, I would have thought that would be considered as the south coast.
Old 03 April 2015, 13:03   #433
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
I always wonder what Rob Northen thought of Rob Northern/CLS. I think it's safe to say he wouldn't have been impressed
Old 04 April 2015, 13:12   #434
WayneK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
I always wonder what Rob Northen thought of Rob Northern/CLS. I think it's safe to say he wouldn't have been impressed
I would hope he would have a sense of humour about it
He took much more abuse from Atari ST groups, they were forever trashing the quality of his protection in their scrolltexts.
Old 05 April 2015, 22:57   #435
giovanni

Quote:

The translation is quite correct. I would just add that this:
Quote:
Il computer è un piacere, se non è AMIGA che piacere è ?
Is a mock-up of a (then) famous commercial about coffee in Italy

Old 24 May 2015, 13:16   #436
Cobe

Ha! just found text in cd32 extended rom encrypted with ROT13

Original:

OENVA: Wrss Cbegre Fbsgjner Uneqjner Wnzrf Onexyrl We Puevf Pbyrl Qnir Oehzonhtu Urqyrl Qnivf Crgre Purean Qnagr Snoevmvb Puevf Terra Rq Thagure Qneera Terrajnyq Ovyy Evpuneq Nyyna Unirzbfr Trbetr Eboovaf Wreel Ubenabss Enaqryy Wrfhc Puvcf Qnivq A. Whabq Obo Envoyr Fcrapre Funafba Ovyy Gubznf Zvpunry Fvam Znegva Gnvyyrsre Zrpunavpny Qrfvta Wvz Ubbcre Negjbex: Ureo Zbfgryyre Wreel Unegmyre Puhpx Jbbgref Wvz Fnpuf ... Naq Znal Zber ... !... Uv Ybev ...! !... Uv Whfgva ...! Uv Zhz. Qvq gur oryyf snyy bss? Gurerfn, erzrzore Znepu 5gu, 1993, gur qnl jr tbg Ratntrq? V cebzvfr gb ybir lbh sberire! - Lbhe Zvpunry (Zvpuv) Qrnerfg Pngul, Gur qnl jr zrg jnf gur ortvavat bs gur unccvrfg gvzr bs zl yvsr. Vg vf jvgu ybir naq uhzvyvgl gung V gunax lbh sbe orvat lbh. Tbbq Yhpx, Qnir naq Xngul 05/08/93 Nqnz, Nqnz, Nqnz... Lbh'er gur Orfg!!! Lbh pnyy lbhefrys n XVAT ??? Gb Yvfr: Nyjnlf erzrzore bhe yhpxl 13gu! Ybir, Crgre Plaguvn Xvzoreyl Zvpunry Uhtf & Xvffrf sebz lbhe Qnq! Guhf fcbxr gur Znfgre Avawrv: "Vs lbhe nccyvpngvba qbrf abg eha pbeerpgyl, qb abg oynzr gur bcrengvat flfgrz!" Guvf fcnpr sbe fnyr

Decrypted:

BRAIN: Jeff Porter Software Hardware James Barkley Jr Chris Coley Dave Brumbaugh Hedley Davis Peter Cherna Dante Fabrizio Chris Green Ed Gunther Darren Greenwald Bill Richard Allan Havemose George Robbins Jerry Horanoff Randell Jesup Chips David N. Junod Bob Raible Spencer Shanson Bill Thomas Michael Sinz Martin Taillefer Mechanical Design Jim Hooper Artwork: Herb Mosteller Jerry Hartzler Chuck Wooters Jim Sachs ... And Many More ... !... Hi Lori ...! !... Hi Justin ...! Hi Mum. Did the bells fall off? Theresa, remember March 5th, 1993, the day we got Engaged? I promise to love you forever! - Your Michael (Michi) Dearest Cathy, The day we met was the begining of the happiest time of my life. It is with love and humility that I thank you for being you. Good Luck, Dave and Kathy 05/08/93 Adam, Adam, Adam... You're the Best!!! You call yourself a KING ??? To Lise: Always remember our lucky 13th! Love, Peter Cynthia Kimberly Michael Hugs & Kisses from your Dad! Thus spoke the Master Ninjei: "If your application does not run correctly, do not blame the operating system!" This space for sale
Old 10 June 2015, 02:18   #437
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Fright Night

Hello World
Old 10 June 2015, 02:22   #438
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
ahaha Are you doing it from my extended ADF ? lol
Old 10 June 2015, 02:26   #439
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
ahaha Are you doing it from my extended ADF ? lol
Just thought i'd take a look
Old 06 August 2015, 19:48   #440
BarryB
Amigaholic

Nigel Mansell's World Championship has a text file on each disk called drh that contains the text: hello all you pirates.